Odd multicart/cabinet problem

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
So i have a cabinet 1slot and a consolized mvs at home.
when running the multi 161-1 cart on the cabinet it resets most of the games very quickly but on the consolized mvs it runs the games without issues.

any ideas on how to get this running on the cabinet? its a pain to keep swapping carts.

I tried runnning the real mvs carts of the games in question on the cabinet and they run fine.
So for some reason the cabinet doesnt like the cart??

had a Z80 error once and sound issues

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Some more info might help. What does the MVS cab and CMVS have for Bios? (Stock or Uni)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I've seen this before, caused by different problems.

Sometimes an earthed PSU will cause this - not sure if there's a failed pull up or pull down resistor in one of the NVPROM chips, but I've got a 120 in 1 that works fine in a PSU where -ve isn't connected to earth, but connect an earthed PSU and it resets for fun, and some times just watchdogs.

Other cause is voltage drop on 5v line, or noisy 5v line.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Stock bios.

What's my best course of action to try and find the problem?
Thanks for the help. This is driving me insane :/

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've been told that 1-Slot Boards run the Multi cart perfect but using a Multi-Slot Mobo almost always causes problems with the Multi Carts. Craig has one and the video runs fine but the sound is distorted on both of our cabs when trying to use it. We both have Multi-Slot Mobos with the latest Unibios.

amplibax

n00b
What version of the mobo do you have? My roomate and I both have original MV1s and we have issues with resets with the same games with the 161 in 1. I've read there is a known issue with this.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I'll check tomorrow and take a pic. Any idea if it's the same with the other multi carts like 108-1?

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
I have the same issue with my 1 slot cab. Certain games always reset. This happens to me on both my 120 in 1 and 161 in 1. Going to clean it first, ill check my grounds as some posted. Going to try both carts in my 2 slot and 4 slot. Not expecting to work, but maybe ill learn something. Glad im not the only one with this issue. Both play fine on my Omega.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Damn just bought a 120-1 in case it was my 160-1 cart. Cary works perfect at home in my cmvs. Thought it was the cart at 1st. If I figure anything out I'll post it here. Had some great help so far.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Also forgot to mention many games cause the sound to go from low to really high at times with the multi cart...

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Well just to update, I bought a new 120-1 cart to replace my 161-1 cart and it works perfect, no more resets or sound issues the 161 had in my cab. Also what i noticed was it cant be jammed in tight in the slot. I put it in half way and tapped it in further just over half way. Otherwise it too has sound issues and Z80 error pops up sometimes.
but both work flalwessly on my cmvs at home.
Hope that helps in some way. Drove me nuts for weeks resetting....

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I usually insert the cart fully, and then pull up just a bit before powering up to make it work.