Daedalus thoughts.....

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I just bought one from the Neo Store..... Anyone have any feedback on them? They look like the best out there right now.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Awesome that you are supporting someone that makes 30,000 USD bootlegs. Of course you miss Chris and Dion as well.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I just bought one from the Neo Store..... Anyone have any feedback on them? They look like the best out there right now.

They're pretty good functionally. Never had any compatibility issues; I like the look of the cart label facing forward. I hate how damn tight the connector is though. Changing games requires you to remove the adapter and I recommend using both hands to free the cart from the Daedalus' jaws of death (while holding it steady with a knee or two). For this reason alone it now sits on my shelf while my CMVS does all the heavy-lifting.

It certainly gets the job done, but swapping carts is a little too cumbersome for my liking.

leepantalone

Sorry, but I have been away for a few years..... who makes them?

Missing Dion and Chris was just a joke....

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Sorry, but I have been away for a few years..... who makes them?

Missing Dion and Chris was just a joke....

They were made by a guy named DavidG. That's your first clue, follow the trace from here on...

leepantalone

OK. Had no idea he made them.......

Why would Shawn carry them in the store?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Very long story and not a nice one but that damn converter is still probably the best out there even considering who made it

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Very long story and not a nice one but that damn converter is still probably the best out there even considering who made it

It seems like most of the converters are made by shady people.

Phantom-1: !Arcade!
Magic Key: Chinese company that ripped Razoola's unibios off until he contacted them.
Fusion: Furrtek who ripped off half the backers and instead flipped their converters on ebay.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I bought mine before the scandal happened, the thing works perfectly, never had an issue... *shrugs*
I found wiggling the carts up/down a bit as you remove them makes them come out easy enough.

Last edited:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I bought mine before the scandal happened, the thing works perfectly, never had an issue... *shrugs*
I found wiggling the carts up/down a bit as you remove them makes them come out easy enough.

KcTUjnU.png

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Initially I wouldn't have touched the Daedalus due to it's inflated cost. But after a very popular alternative converter I purchased stopped working 4 months into use I bought one. Can't say I've had any issues in almost a year of regular use. Yeah I know the guy behind it is surrounded by controversy, the converter is real, and seems to be reliable and I wanted real and reliable so I paid the (slightly inflated) price for one. And..I'm Happy :)

(I do still have scaling issues with Super Sidekicks 2 though)

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Lee, welcome back to the forums. The DavidG drama came through this site and left a negative lasting impression on members.

The only converter I was thinking of picking up was the fixed Magic Key, but my CMVS takes care of playing MVS on a monitor/television.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Is the Magic Key made by the same group that made the Super converter?

I believe so.

So far I've gathered that the Daedalus and the newish fixed magic key are scaling issues free mostly. Magic key is a lot cheaper but I keep hearing of failures not long afterwards though :( I'd have bought one if that wasn't the case.

Considering the price of converters, it's probably better value buying/building a CMVS for those MVS carts.