Finland - The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb

miisalo

Astra Superstar
xsq, you seem to live "near" Finland..*wink wink*

Oh.. everyone should be ready for this

Except no women in the sauna (or maybe my waifu)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
uhh... ahm... no, sorry, it's too cold for me. (I also don't have time.)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Not Long to go - anyone attending in for trading MVS? I have 2 games that I got that don't see as much play as they should by a gamer - so I'm open to trades on Mutation Nation and Bang Bead.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
The wife's birthday is January 30th, so it's theoretically possible she'd want to celebrate on that saturday. :) But I'm pretty sure it will be fine, I'll persuade her to party on the 30th like it should be. :)

Yeah, looks like this happened, sorry. Got other plans that weekend, but you guys game on.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Nooooooooooooooo!
Seriously though, hope she has a fun party and we'll see you next time round :) And we might stream some stuff so you could see what's going on :P

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Meeting is "soon", so few things to decide. First the food, we can order pizza but I'm gonna make something and ask RockstarRunner do make his famous hot onion rings. Are you ok with ciabattas with home made pulled pork, salad etc? I could also buy potato salad. Easy to eat, even while playing.

The other thing is the equipment. I have cmvses, cdz, cab, st-v, cps2, two crts (if RR remebers to bring the remote) etc. But I have limited number of controllers. I fixed two ngcd controllers, but they lack the proper feeling. So bring your favorite controller. I also have 2 extension cables that won't work with deep sockets.

I'm also preparing modules (stereo audio + rgbs with pots to scart) and jamma harness for quick consolization of mv-1b if someberry has need for them...

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Pulled Pork all night long baby!
I'll bring my UberShtick with me, and also the NGDevTeam releases for DC to sell/trade if anyone is interested.
I won't forget the B&O remote :D Looking forward to the meet !!!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I'm also preparing modules (stereo audio + rgbs with pots to scart) and jamma harness for quick consolization of mv-1b if someberry has need for them...

Thank you very much - someberry is happy.

As for Food I eat almost everything. (Don't really like innards and lamb that much, apart from that I'm not really selective)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
ciabattas with home made pulled pork sounds awesome indeed!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Need to dig out my swimming goggles for all those onions I will need to deal with, making those Heart-Attack Onion Rings is dangerous :D

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Met old friend, who has been collector for decades, at retro game flea-market and after I trade him one MVS with some modifications for Dreamcast, he decided to join the meeting. He used to have MVS and lots of games but sold them few years back and left only top loader and front loader cd systems. So seven people currently coming.

Also my wife has some sort of girls night same time. Maybe we can get them to join the gaming :keke:If they dare to visit the man cave.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
This meet sounds like its getting better by the minute!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
IMPORTANT!!!!!!

We can start after 2pm Saturday, so people can drive here while there is some daylight.

I have to hold morning kickboxing training and probably do some last minute shopping, but people arriving early can setup systems and have fun while I prepare food etc.

If possible, inform me the time you are going to arrive, so I can schedule things.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Just tell me when to be at the railway station and I'll work around that - I'm in Helsinki at that time anyways. Tämä on loistava!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ill arrive around 3 or 4 all going well.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´m still trying to decide whether to use the car or to catch a train instead.

If I would come by train then I would likely be at the tikkurila station at 13:37 on saturday and would hope that someone could get me from there all the way to the miisalo mansion :)

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Hop into R train to the north and you'll be at Rekola 10 minutes and I can pic you up quicker :)

Oh, forgot. Another friend is joining. So current participants:

BerryTogart
JP
Mendel
miisalo
Razoola
RockstarRunner
SakuT
TaiDomi

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Just realised that the Meeting is already next week - the excitement meter rises!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
So, there is at least one other gamer popping by - There is going to be 8-10 visitors for sure. There is lots of snow here and we can maybe pack 4 cars into our parking space (including my egomobile). But our neighbors are coming in for the girls night that my wife is holding and probably we can leave 1-2 cars there too if needed.

About the schedule, I'm trying to get things ready by saturday 15:00. I still need to go and buy more some beer and hard lemonade and make another batch of this

16395813982_78a7b4974a_z.jpg

and buy the ciabattas etc.

But its getting exciting....

Does everyone still have my address and phone number?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess I better arrive early to reserve my parking space :)