Finland - The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb

miisalo

Astra Superstar

Like Monty Python sang it, you might want to visit/stay in Finland next January or early February. It's time for another Neo Gathering in Vantaa, Finland.

I'm counting that local lads are coming so there will be some of the guys from earlier meetings, but there has been some interest from civilized world to visit us too. So I decided to take this out from Finnish forum and ask if anyone was serious visiting us.

Meeting is hold here in my house. We have plenty of room here, cabinet (or two), one or two crts, two projectors and few flatscreens. There is also enough room for sleeping here (at least dojo's floor) and hotels are nearby if you stay for longer and with family.

This place is like 15 minutes drive from airport and 30 minutes by local train from central railway station.

Pros
- Meet nice people
- Play games
- Food is free
- There is booze and beer too

Cons
- There are free drinks and Finns in same place
- Weather could be anything between rain and +2C to shitloads of snow and -25C
- There will be weird ritual where men take their clothes off and go to small room with temperature over 80C, it’s not obligatory but ugly naked men can be seen.
- Food is prepared by me

Day is not decided but January (maybe even 3.-4.) or early February is the target

EDIT: 31. Jan - 1. Feb is currently the best date

So who would be coming and what would be the preferred schedule? (and hopefully the lads from Finnish subforum will answer this quickly...)

-------------

participants:

-miisalo
-Mendel
-RockstarRunner
-Razoola
-TaiDOmi
-BerryTogart

Maybes:
-finngamer

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Just checked from government (waifu) that at least 3.-4. of January is ok. Btw. kids can visit too if you can't come without.

RockstarRunner, are you willing to cook your delicious ass burning onion/bacon rings (of fire)? I could make pulled pork / chicken in the baking oven.

EDIT:

31. Jan - 1. Feb seems to be best for some possible visitors. It's fine with me.

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Is there a chance of getting kicked by miisalo in the dojo and receiving a "I survived a roundhouse kick of miisalo (in full protection gear)" shirt?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Maybe you should first try to get "Got kicked by miisalo's wife and survived" award? Hint: She once broke my ribs with a kick.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Maybe you should first try to get "Got kicked by miisalo's wife and survived" award? Hint: She once broke my ribs with a kick.
I nearly did that too :D
Sparring with miisalo's wife is fun, she always finds the holes in your defense
... back on topic, that makes four of us now? Will someone please poke the other Finns in the ribs

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Is there a chance of getting kicked by miisalo in the dojo and receiving a "I survived a roundhouse kick of miisalo (in full protection gear)" shirt?
Trust me on this one, I speak from experience, you wouldn't... not even with pads on *ze padz, they do nahhthing"

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes, I really want to make it this time!!!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
YAY! More cool dudes... well, Raz is a cool dude, the rest of us just have to make do ;-)

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
The wife's birthday is January 30th, so it's theoretically possible she'd want to celebrate on that saturday. :) But I'm pretty sure it will be fine, I'll persuade her to party on the 30th like it should be. :)

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Woah, Berry just confirmed his (+ waifu) participating.

Saturday 31th of January is now the DATE

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Berry confirmed - thank you for the Invitation miisalo. Looking forward to see all

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Which games will be played at the Meeting? Any crowd favourites? Any polls? get hyped!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
All kinds if previous meets have been anything to gauge that by. I predict Windjammers & Neo Turf Masters face-offs at the least :)

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I don't get Hyped, I stay Hyped! :D
I'm going to be bringing my NGDevTeam games for some shmup based fun!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
For me Windjammers and puzzle games, shmups and fighting games for others :P

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
2 months to go... the coundown is running! Need to buy boots to endure winter in finland - DocMartens are just too slippery on ice

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yeah, that's the thing about end of January here, it can be bitter cold.
Sauna will be hot though :)