Wanted: AOF tips

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hey there. I'm surely not the best fighters player there is, but I have to say AOF really starts to piss me off :)

Any tips for beating the thing on normal and move on?

• Hit boxes seem totally weird, often the CPU hits me when behind me
  • I'm used to the fact that a DragonPunch is a good thing - in this game it is total shit it seems
  • Doing special moves apart from situations where you fireball the cpu over half the screen after taunting him empty seems worthless
  • The mini-games - I have no turbo button and hitting this shit like mad to "grow stronger" is REALLY annoying (apart from the fact that I can't manage to do it successfully)
  • move execution seems to be very hard in comparison to newer games
  • WHEN are you getting dizzy? it seems totally random to me on when one of the fighters gets dizzied
  • Managed to reach Mr. Big two times or so and so far the best "tactic" seems to be jump in - kick

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
AOF 1 or 2?

AOF 1 isn't hard. Just do your specials SLOWLY, and make sure to charge up everytime you can.

AOF 2 = Cheating shit. Just give up. I had to use the Universe Bios to beat it. And even then getting to the real final boss was hard.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Paging KahluaFlash.

There are some tips here in these threads Berry

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?253291-Art-of-Fighting-Glitches-Etc
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?247060-Art-of-Fighting-2-Why-did-I-put-this-game-off

For me, I like to bleed off the CPUs spirit energy as quick as possible, it allows you to have more of an advantage, kind of like a game within the game so to speak.

In AoF2, you can punish with throws much easier when the CPU makes a mistake.

The dragon punch in AoF can be much harder to pull off, and you're better off using a standing high kick as an anti air.

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Still hating AOF1.
I get to Mr. Big and then throw my 4CC plan out of the window to throw in virtual coins like mad.

*) "Drain him of energy" - at the Moment I press taunt I get the flying sticks into my face which drain me for about 40 to 50 % of my lifebar
*) "super Special move straight to his face" - that takes about 20 % of his energy and 70 or 80 % of my Spirit - is this a joke? his fucking normals do more damage than that
*) Play passively and let him come - results in a series of slaps in the Corner which I can block but I go down due to his moves taking life chips until I go down

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
One thing I find works against Mr. Big is jumping kicks. When he goes for that superman-stick hit, Go for a jump kick. They seem to take priority, since I'm the one who gets the hit. Once he's knocked down from that, I can usually follow up with a throw, and as with any thrown character, start winding up that normal fireball when they start getting back up. Either they take a big hit, or they block, but at least you get a small dent. Every bit counts against SNK bosses! I can usually get him down only needing one additional credit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, first thing I do at the start of the round is jump backwards, there's a good chance that he'll do the superman and you can get an easy knockdown, and throw a taunt while he's down. If you're lucky he may even be dizzy.

He'll throw another move or two and then he'll be out of spiritual energy but keep trying retard versions of his specials, and at that point you have him.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I can confirm that jump kick works. You really just have to figure out the one thing that works best for each enemy. I just remember near the end, it gets impossible. At least for me. Draining and recharging energy is also a must. Get back and do it whenever you can.