I think I'm really here now.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, it's been 8 years since I joined, but I think that I'm actually here now. I'm one of those butthurt wimps who couldn't take the drama and left pretty quickly--a couple times. I'm pretty sure I've referred to this place as 'the 4chan of retrogaming' on numerous occasions, but it doesn't really seem that way any more. I don't know if its because my skin thickened up over the years, or perhaps this place has slowed down a bit, but whatever--it seems like the right time to do an intro thread.

I have a fairly decent game collection. I'd guess about 3000 games--not huge, but not small. Fairly few of those neo games. MVS cart count is currently 47, I believe. I actually started getting back into Neo Geo when the wife put me on a $10/day personal budget a few months ago. This had the unusual effect of me not blowing money on games cheap enough to fly under her radar and instead buying more expensive titles without having to worry about her complaining. Save money, nicer stuff...two birds.

My first neo was a then brand new NGP (no 'C') followed quickly by an NGCD and a few years later by my first MVS. 2 CMVS's followed. I've seen amazing things in those collection threads--no way am I ready for one of those, but I'll put a few quick pics here.

My MVS is actually kind of a cruddy conversion cab. It's served me very well over the years, but some day I intend to replace her with a standard red one.

My two CMVS units. The Omega has, of course, been just damn fantastic for me. My main setup is the Omega into Framemeister via SCART to my main gaming projector.

And my NGPC/CD collection which I haven't played in who knows how long.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Amazing collection man. Also, welcome back to the forums.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice collection indeed. Not too shabby for the TG-16 stuff you have there in the picture as well.

Welcome back!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Introthread: this is how you do it.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice collection indeed. Not too shabby for the TG-16 stuff you have there in the picture as well.

Welcome back!

Yeah, I'd like to get more into TG-16, but I don't really have a good setup to play the games on. I've got a base TG-16, without the stack of somewhat scarce and expensive accessories that make it not suck, and also a capped but otherwise unmodded turbo express--which is okay. I've been eying those home-built TG-16 scart cables that have been popping up on ebay, but jeez $70+ seems a bit rich for a cable. NEC hardware has always seemed like it underdelivered for the money a bit. Games are huge fun, though.

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
there are still assholes around, but it does seem like the place has lightened up some since i joined about 4/5 years ago...

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
there are still assholes around, but it does seem like the place has lightened up some since i joined about 4/5 years ago...

More times than not, this place has a way of giving you exactly what you deserve.

Nice stuff Reaper!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

Ingratiating yourself to new members and running down old ones will not make the butthurt go away, doll fucker.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

If you don't like dealing with dicks, you gotta stop acting like a vagina. Simple as that.

On this forum, we've had people like Clint....who at the mercy of cystic fibrosis still had more fire in him than you ever could (or care to).

We also had another deceased member (Boog), who was confined to a bed from muscular dystrophy I believe...it hit him when he was young and life gypped him HARD. I don't think I ever saw him whine as much as you do, he loved his family/friends, didn't talk shit about them, and he had the courage to sexually desire women and dream of a better life, instead of emotionally insulating himself in a world of dolly clothes and gay cartoons (like you do).

Nobody expects you to be a macho stud around here, but we DO expect you to shut the fuck up about problems you have zero interest in trying to fix.

So shut the fuck up.

Master Tasuke

i only speak the honest truth; there are indeed some serious Penises on these boards, and i was merely giving a friendly heads up to our new member here.
there be sharks in these here waters; you might wish to live in abject denial about it,
and i suppose that is your prerogative, but not everyone here chooses to be so blind...

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i only speak the honest truth; there are indeed some serious Penises on these boards.
you might wish to live in abject denial about it, and i suppose that is your prerogative, but not everyone here chooses to be so blind...

Stop crying you pear-shaped motherfucker.

pipes

i only speak the honest truth; there are indeed some serious Penises on these boards.
you might wish to live in abject denial about it, and i suppose that is your prerogative, but not everyone here chooses to be so blind...

You seem to lack even the most basic social skills and as a result you come across as being incredibly awkward and creepy in nearly every one of your posts.

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Stop crying you pear-shaped motherfucker.

and here comes one of said sharks right here and now. OP, meet dickhead. Dickhead, go suck yourself...

You seem to lack even the most basic social skills and as a result you come across as being incredibly awkward and creepy in nearly every one of your posts.

oh, come on. would you seriously expect any less from a Pear-Head? i've fans out there to live down to...

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
and here comes one of said sharks right here and now. OP, meet dickhead. Dickhead, go suck yourself...

oh, come on. would you seriously expect any less from a Pear-Head? i've fans out there to live down to...

You are such a whiny bitch. Why did you even come back?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
One day... just one day.... someone will listen to my advice....

Until then... we have the likes of Dr Shroom to convince people that well... the forums aint awesome friendly....

xROTx

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
i only speak the honest truth; there are indeed some serious Penises on these boards, and i was merely giving a friendly heads up to our new member here.
there be sharks in these here waters; you might wish to live in abject denial about it,
and i suppose that is your prerogative, but not everyone here chooses to be so blind...

Fuck, guy....

As shitty as this place may look to you and others, NG.com is ultimately a force for GOOD.
This place is the fire that can melt you down and refine you into something better...or it can just burn you to a crisp.

To a degree, it IS a popularity contest and there are alliances here and there,
but righteousness is the thing that unites us as a group AND it may destroy us as individuals.

You remember Tonk?

The guy who first posted your pics on here? He was a hero back then and he's fuckall now.

Do you understand why? It is because Tonk (like yourself) is an affront our collective sense of what is just and righteous.
He no longer had a place among us and removed himself, thusly.

Embrace this place as a source of guidance....not a hangout for bullies.

I bet you even Electricgrave would soften up on you if you just recognized your faults and expressed even the slightest interest in addressing them.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yo, OP, is your skin thick enough?

Master Tasuke

and here i had always been under the impression that TONK was one of the irreproachable Gods of NEO.com. huh, The More You Know, i suppose...

Last edited:

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
yo, OP, is your skin thick enough?
Yeah, I suppose I'm down for some internet japery. No shortage of dirt on me, but over the years I've noted a sharp decrease in the number of fucks I've given.

Oh, speaking of war room/'best of' stuff, I've actually been lurking there on and off over the years, and have picked up some some stylish neo-geo memorabilia. Everybody that comes over seems to ask about it:

Last edited:

pipes

Reaper - As long as you're not a seamstress that dresses dolls before fucking them you'll be just fine.

Welcome back.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
One day... just one day.... someone will listen to my advice....

Until then... we have the likes of Dr Shroom to convince people that well... the forums aint awesome friendly....

xROTx

I will always listen to you Rot!!!

But seriously, I loved this place more when Tonk, NSXT and the others got into it daily.

Last edited: