PSP Talk and Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Grand Knight History English Patches

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Hey all. Looking for some PSP info. If this is not allowed by all means please delete.

First:

I am running ProUpdate Right now. Is this the best firmware for PSP as of now?

Second:

Regarding English translations for Grand Knight History, and Valkyria Chronicles 3 EX, is there anywhere to find these where the file isn't split into 10 different chunks, with intricate directions to avoid getting a virus? I really don't want to have to deal with repairing my PC right now.

Third:

Will the ProUpdate/Fast recovery firmware let me boot up these translations? Or do I really need to upgrade my PSP to a better firmware?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Is there finally a 100% english patch for Grand Knight History? Last time I checked there was only an almost complete translation.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
i love PS3 VALKYRIA CHRONICLES with a masochistic passion. few other games of any era can incur controller-throwing wrath in me
like CHRONICLES can. and yet, very, VERY FEW modern-era games have i ever found so roundly rewarding. it's sick, really.

i'd probably be doing myself such a favor looking into the other CHRONICLES entries, however i just cannot seem to warm myself to portable consoles.
sure would be nice if SEGA made those games available for PS3 and/or PS4 at least as DLs...

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm sad VC3 never got an official US release. Despite the smaller maps and lesser graphic quality, the Valkyria Chronicles series just got better with each release. We need a part four on the Vita...or PS4 (to dream a dream).

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
on the subject of firmware, i'm running the PRO series of firmware, easy install and i've had no problems.

i dunno about finding the translations, i've never looked into em.

as long as you can slap a game onto your memory card and run it, i'd imagine that you'll be fine.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
It just dropped out of nowhere a few months ago. I just found out mysef while searching for the Valkyria Chronicles 3 patch.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/grand-knights-history-english-patch-alpha-looking-for-help.365958/

And it looks pretty bad ass. I can't decide whether to start this or valkyria 3 first.

well shit I need more space on my PSP now, I running 2 32GB micro SDs via an adapter for 64GBs and I only have 200MB left. Gotta find a good deal on a couple 64GB cards