How to power speakers from inside cab?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I am upgrading my Egret II speakers to a nice set of PC speakers that require their own power source. I want to have the speakers turn on and off with the cab rather than just leave them on all the time or turn them off from the mains.

Is there a way you could use the machines power supply for the speakers too?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
whats the dc voltage output of the ac/dc adapter ? you can use a dc-dc converter to tap from the cab psu 's 12v.
might be safer to tap in the a ac source to power the ac/dc adapter that comes with your speakers.

depends how much juice the speakers pull.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'll have to check that when I get home. I suppose another option would be to use one of those master / slave type power boards. Problem is I would need 2x of them as I have 2 cabs so it starts getting a little pricey.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why use PC speakers?

Just use a small car amp.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
other route AMP wise is the actual Taito Stereo AMP, no clue what they go for nowadays.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

mikey

Marked Wolf
You could always buy a female power socket from home depot or somewhere and wire it to where the ac comes into your power supply and plug them into that. That way you'll have a dedicated plug for the speakers, and can change them out if you want in the future for other ones, and they'll power on with the cab.