suicidekiller's collection

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Since I don't feel like bragging with my homecart collection I figured it would be nice to show off another great hobby of mine: soundtracks!

I have many of them, but for now I'll start with the SNK related ones. If there's demand for other companies I'll be happy to give you an impression as well.

I'm still missing some of the 'big ones' like Choutetsu Brikin'ger, but I'm patient finding them at a reasonable price. By the way all of my stuff is 100% complete with all extras (obi, reg. card and any other possible bonusses). That way the adventure in finding new stuff is more exciting (^_^)

So on to the goods!

Some of the early SNK works. Especially Genshitou is quite hard to come by in complete condition.

The beginning of the 'heydays'. Almost all of the Neo Geo games saw their own soundtrack release.

Fan service: There even were some arranged soundtracks for orchestra (KoF, SamSho & Garou Densetsu)

I really like those Hyper Neo Geo 64 soundtrack releases. Some of them even got an arranged one.

Some of the Noise Factory stuff.

Collector's stuff...

My precious... :)

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
damn, I would have never known there were so many snk related soundtracks! i'd love to see your homecart collection

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Very special soundtrack collection!
I would like to see your aes collection as well though ,since i would not call it bragging but more like sharing :)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Thanks guys for the appreciation! (_ _)

Anyone else is into soundtrack collecting here?

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Very special soundtrack collection!
I would like to see your aes collection as well though ,since i would not call it bragging but more like sharing :)

This! Why else would we take a look in threads like these. Nice to see someone who enjoys listening to soundtracks. Ingame music does get a bit overlooked sometimes, even tough it's impact can be enormous on a game. Metal Slug without the music just isn't the same. Or what would TMNT: Turtles in Time be if it didn't have the awesome "sewer surfing" track.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
I had no idea they actually released these, they are awesome..thought this sort of stuff was just tack-ons for preorders from Gamestop these days. ZZzzZZzZzz...

What are the booklets in them like? Curious if there is art in them that unique to the OST. You should dump these onto a dropbox file or something so I can live vicariously through you. ;)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wohey, I missed these. Impressive collection, especially the early early stuffs.

Do you rip these to preserve them? I have some music CDs and am sometimes worried they will decay/degerade on me...

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Bump for some Psikyo madness. I just love the works of Masaki Izutani who basically did the music for all Psikyo games. Daraku Tenshi, Sengoku Blade, Strikers, Gunbird etc. On the left side is a, what I think, very rare CD single with assorted tracks from various games. It even contains music for Battle K-Road, which is a great game.

I had no idea they actually released these, they are awesome..thought this sort of stuff was just tack-ons for preorders from Gamestop these days. ZZzzZZzZzz...

They are all Japan-only and mostly from the 90s.

What are the booklets in them like? Curious if there is art in them that unique to the OST. You should dump these onto a dropbox file or something so I can live vicariously through you. ;)

Yep, some do contain various informations on the game and unique artwork. A sound commentary is also mandatory, although it's completely in Japanese of course.

wohey, I missed these. Impressive collection, especially the early early stuffs.

Do you rip these to preserve them? I have some music CDs and am sometimes worried they will decay/degerade on me...

Thanks xsq, I do rip and listen to each and everyone of them. Some do have arrangement tracks not found in the original game. That alone is worth checking them out. For storage I put them in boxes to avoid sunlight, but I don't use any special preservation method. Yeah, one day they won't be usable anymore, but hey, it's the same with Neo games ;) Everything's gotta go...

Last edited:

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Love it! Really unique collection there.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
You are interested in my home art collection? Here you go :keke:

20141109_1846594jsrk.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Awesome... just... plain... awesome. Those vintage Scitron Babies are so hard to come by these days. But don't tell me you miss Viewpoint amog them? Anyway SC/DC 4ever!

Next up is your AES library I hope? One still can dream, now can't one... ;).

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Wow, what a good eye Oliver! Yep, must have missed that one when sorting out all the Neo Geo related ones. Since I collect by label (and most of the Neo soundtracks were on Scitron, you are right) I order them via their catalogue number stem. And of course I have Viewpoint in my collection, has a quite good soundtrack. Not the best on the Neo, but a very solid one.

As for the AES... I just don't feel like it. I'll bring some photos when we meet up in Cologne for that Metal Slug and the Scotland course some day ;)

PS: Check out the cool arrangement found on this CD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PU5LFbMPOQ

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Today for some Toaplan bump. Many guys of you probably know the games from this legendary company, but only a few know the men behind the (awesome as well) music.

There are basically three of them, although some games have other composers (e.g. Batsugun,Teki Paki, Snow Bros.): Masahiro Yuge, Tatsuya Uermura and Toshiaki Tomizawa did all the main games. I don't know much about the latter one unfortunately. Yuge did Tatsujin Ou (Truxton II), V-V (Grindstormer), Same Same Same (Fire Shark) and Zero Wing (in collaboration with the other two).

However, the one that makes the music of Toaplan really shine for me is Uemura. His compositions are the best ones in my honest oppinion. Outzone, Dogyuun!!, Zero Wing. Again, there are also several arrangements not found in the games themselves. Have a peek at the spoiler, they are well worth checking out!

Spoiler:

I'm still missing three releases with Toaplan music in my collection, but they are quite hard to find in complete condition. And pricey too... but I'm a patient guy (^_^)

The box on the left contains five reprints and was made in celebration of Scitron's fifth anniversary (the label on which most of the Toaplan soundtrack were released).

dsc00818dgub3.jpg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Very impressive collection.

Do you listen to them much, or do you buy them mostly for collecting? There must be some great tracks on some of them.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Pretty good stuff suicidekiller^^ don't even know that HNG64 games got official OST released.

How many tracks is there on each HNG64 OST CD?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Do you listen to them much, or do you buy them mostly for collecting? There must be some great tracks on some of them.

I do listen to each and every one of them. Basically video game related music is what I've been listening to for the last 5 years. Music has a great part in my life, so I'm mainly doing this for getting new inspiration. It all started when I stumbled accross the arrange version of King of Fighters 97. I always loved the game and still do until today - but I never knew there was an album recorded with real instrument in the style of a "normal" music CD. Still one of my favorite soundtracks! Well, the rest is history ;)

How many tracks is there on each HNG64 OST CD?

Depends on the game. As a rule of thumb there are many tracks (20+) on an original soundtrack CD because of the short playing time of each track. They normally get one loop and that's it. Arrange albums play like a "normal" music CD with about 10 tracks.