Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: suicidekiller's collection

Host for Orochi

suicidekiller's collection

Since I don't feel like bragging with my homecart collection I figured it would be nice to show off another great hobby of mine: soundtracks!

I have many of them, but for now I'll start with the SNK related ones. If there's demand for other companies I'll be happy to give you an impression as well.

I'm still missing some of the 'big ones' like Choutetsu Brikin'ger, but I'm patient finding them at a reasonable price. By the way all of my stuff is 100% complete with all extras (obi, reg. card and any other possible bonusses). That way the adventure in finding new stuff is more exciting (^_^)

So on to the goods!

Some of the early SNK works. Especially Genshitou is quite hard to come by in complete condition.

The beginning of the 'heydays'. Almost all of the Neo Geo games saw their own soundtrack release.

Fan service: There even were some arranged soundtracks for orchestra (KoF, SamSho & Garou Densetsu)

I really like those Hyper Neo Geo 64 soundtrack releases. Some of them even got an arranged one.

Some of the Noise Factory stuff.

Collector's stuff...

My precious...

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Cheng's Errand Boy

wow! amazing soundtracks collection!

Loyal Neo-Disciple

damn, I would have never known there were so many snk related soundtracks! i'd love to see your homecart collection

X>2
    (He is so wrong -Ed)

Very special soundtrack collection!
    I would like to see your aes collection as well though ,since i would not call it bragging but more like sharing
    Originally Posted by Takumaji

Ah well, I guess every gamer generation gets the Neo it deserves...

Originally Posted by RAZO

Why must there be so much hate towards people who collect aes carts. Is it because they want them so bad but dont have the means to buy them.

4" Chinaman Slave

Nice Collection

P.S nice username

Host for Orochi

Thanks guys for the appreciation! (_ _)

Anyone else is into soundtrack collecting here?

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.
    Didn't Get Banned.
    FOOKIN A!!

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Very special soundtrack collection!
    I would like to see your aes collection as well though ,since i would not call it bragging but more like sharing
    This! Why else would we take a look in threads like these. Nice to see someone who enjoys listening to soundtracks. Ingame music does get a bit overlooked sometimes, even tough it's impact can be enormous on a game. Metal Slug without the music just isn't the same. Or what would TMNT: Turtles in Time be if it didn't have the awesome "sewer surfing" track.

I love the smell of AES carts in the morning!

Cham Cham's Banana

Really nice Soundtrack Collection, Dude

King's Dry Cleaner

I had no idea they actually released these, they are awesome..thought this sort of stuff was just tack-ons for preorders from Gamestop these days. ZZzzZZzZzz...

What are the booklets in them like? Curious if there is art in them that unique to the OST. You should dump these onto a dropbox file or something so I can live vicariously through you.

Galford's Armourer

Nice collection of sound tracks

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Cool collection man..
    Eire..

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

wohey, I missed these. Impressive collection, especially the early early stuffs.

Do you rip these to preserve them? I have some music CDs and am sometimes worried they will decay/degerade on me...

Host for Orochi

Bump for some Psikyo madness. I just love the works of Masaki Izutani who basically did the music for all Psikyo games. Daraku Tenshi, Sengoku Blade, Strikers, Gunbird etc. On the left side is a, what I think, very rare CD single with assorted tracks from various games. It even contains music for Battle K-Road, which is a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by indierocklocks View Post
    I had no idea they actually released these, they are awesome..thought this sort of stuff was just tack-ons for preorders from Gamestop these days. ZZzzZZzZzz...
    They are all Japan-only and mostly from the 90s.

What are the booklets in them like? Curious if there is art in them that unique to the OST. You should dump these onto a dropbox file or something so I can live vicariously through you.
    Yep, some do contain various informations on the game and unique artwork. A sound commentary is also mandatory, although it's completely in Japanese of course.

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    wohey, I missed these. Impressive collection, especially the early early stuffs.

Do you rip these to preserve them? I have some music CDs and am sometimes worried they will decay/degerade on me...
    Thanks xsq, I do rip and listen to each and everyone of them. Some do have arrangement tracks not found in the original game. That alone is worth checking them out. For storage I put them in boxes to avoid sunlight, but I don't use any special preservation method. Yeah, one day they won't be usable anymore, but hey, it's the same with Neo games Everything's gotta go...
    Last edited by suicidekiller; 11-04-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Collectasaurus

Love it! Really unique collection there.
    <Rot> Lemme see... shall we A... put it in a case that cracks... or B... but it in a hardcase that destroys the inserts and scratcthes the shite out of the carts....

Timid Neo Newbie

That's pretty amazing. I would love to see those home arts too!

Host for Orochi

You are interested in my home art collection? Here you go

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Very nice Soundtrack collection - as for the art... not quite my Cup of tea
    Berries fighting game quest signature is under development - Completed NeoGeo MVS fighters so far: AoF, AoF2, AoF3, SS, SS2, SS3, SS4, KoF94, KoF95, KoF96, KoF97, KoF98, WH, WH2, WH2Jet, Waku Waku 7, FF, FF2, FFS, FF3, Savage Reign, Kizuna Encounter, Kabuki Klash, Galaxy Fight, Last Blade
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...59#post3851759

Chang's Grocer

Awesome... just... plain... awesome. Those vintage Scitron Babies are so hard to come by these days. But don't tell me you miss Viewpoint amog them? Anyway SC/DC 4ever!

Next up is your AES library I hope? One still can dream, now can't one... ;).

Host for Orochi

Wow, what a good eye Oliver! Yep, must have missed that one when sorting out all the Neo Geo related ones. Since I collect by label (and most of the Neo soundtracks were on Scitron, you are right) I order them via their catalogue number stem. And of course I have Viewpoint in my collection, has a quite good soundtrack. Not the best on the Neo, but a very solid one.

As for the AES... I just don't feel like it. I'll bring some photos when we meet up in Cologne for that Metal Slug and the Scotland course some day

PS: Check out the cool arrangement found on this CD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PU5LFbMPOQ

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    PS: Check out the cool arrangement found on this CD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PU5LFbMPOQ
    sweet.

Some Sort of Brain Damaged Buddha terry.330's Avatar

Nice Kozik
    Spoiler:

instagrams: sapienart

Average Joe: Do you think the internet has ruined me?

Me: No, I think it's ruined all of us.

Host for Orochi

Today for some Toaplan bump. Many guys of you probably know the games from this legendary company, but only a few know the men behind the (awesome as well) music.

There are basically three of them, although some games have other composers (e.g. Batsugun,Teki Paki, Snow Bros.): Masahiro Yuge, Tatsuya Uermura and Toshiaki Tomizawa did all the main games. I don't know much about the latter one unfortunately. Yuge did Tatsujin Ou (Truxton II), V-V (Grindstormer), Same Same Same (Fire Shark) and Zero Wing (in collaboration with the other two).

However, the one that makes the music of Toaplan really shine for me is Uemura. His compositions are the best ones in my honest oppinion. Outzone, Dogyuun!!, Zero Wing. Again, there are also several arrangements not found in the games themselves. Have a peek at the spoiler, they are well worth checking out!

Spoiler:

I'm still missing three releases with Toaplan music in my collection, but they are quite hard to find in complete condition. And pricey too... but I'm a patient guy (^_^)

The box on the left contains five reprints and was made in celebration of Scitron's fifth anniversary (the label on which most of the Toaplan soundtrack were released).

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Very impressive collection.

Do you listen to them much, or do you buy them mostly for collecting? There must be some great tracks on some of them.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Pretty good stuff suicidekiller^^ don't even know that HNG64 games got official OST released.

How many tracks is there on each HNG64 OST CD?

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    Do you listen to them much, or do you buy them mostly for collecting? There must be some great tracks on some of them.
    I do listen to each and every one of them. Basically video game related music is what I've been listening to for the last 5 years. Music has a great part in my life, so I'm mainly doing this for getting new inspiration. It all started when I stumbled accross the arrange version of King of Fighters 97. I always loved the game and still do until today - but I never knew there was an album recorded with real instrument in the style of a "normal" music CD. Still one of my favorite soundtracks! Well, the rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by eathis View Post
    How many tracks is there on each HNG64 OST CD?
    Depends on the game. As a rule of thumb there are many tracks (20+) on an original soundtrack CD because of the short playing time of each track. They normally get one loop and that's it. Arrange albums play like a "normal" music CD with about 10 tracks.

Thread Information