SNES collectors/players thread

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I was about to go on a SNES playing bonanza aided by SD2SNES, but then the power port cracked. Looks like my save games in ActRaiser and Super Metroid will be orphaned for now.

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
I really loved
Soldiers of Fortune
Firepower 2000
Congo's Caper
Brawl Brothers
Legend
Rushing Beat Shura
X-men
Maximum Carnage
and many others. This is still my fave system to this day.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm pretty excited for my annual Mega Man X marathon next week! MMX and the SNES, two of my favorite things in all of gaming :D

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm pretty excited for my annual Mega Man X marathon next week! MMX and the SNES, two of my favorite things in all of gaming :D

You. I like you.

Gonna start up a few games this week, should be a good time. Possibly yoshi's island and some DKC 2 action

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I love my SNES and still say it has one of the best library's to date! I have ton of favorites that include:

All Zelda titles
Castlevania IV
F-Zero
Donkey Kong titles
Super Star Wars titles (missing return of the jedi grr)
Super Mario World/All Stars combo cart (hard to find these days!)
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
TMNT- In Time

Have most of them on physical carts but my OUYA has the entire SNES library on it and can always find something to play that suits the mood I'm in
OUYA is freaking amazing for all the oldies all on one box sooooo nice!!!

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just started playing ActRaiser for the first time. Still getting used to the sim aspects, but I'm sure I'll have fun with it.

Man I haven't played that game in years, the music is amazing, some of Yuzo's best.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Some of my favorites:

Axelay
Knights of the Round
King of Dragons
UN Squadron
Gradius 3
Castlevania 4 & X
Gun Force
Wild Guns
Pirates of Dark Water
Final Fight 2
Magic Sword

SFC mentions:

Majyuuou
Rendering Ranger
Undercover Cops
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Actraiser is one of the best games on the system

That first stage music. Man.

I actually have fond memories of the second one, despite how much worse / hard it is. I'm pretty sure I cleared it as a teenager. I remember the graphics being amazing for the time. I wonder how much I'd hate it now?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

It is HIGHLY underrated.

It was one of the very early SNES games released so I jumped on it right when it came out...and loved it. It was a good mix of RPG and action...and the music was epic. Actraiser 2 was good...but I really missed the sim stages...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think Actraiser 2 is great. You just can't go into it like it's really an Actraiser game. But I love hard games.

Another very underrated game is Arcana.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think Actraiser 2 is great. You just can't go into it like it's really an Actraiser game. But I love hard games.

Actraiser 2 is beautiful...it's one of those games that completely showed just how good it was a SNES could look. But my god...that difficulty...especially towards the end...holy shit that game was tough.

Funny enough...I have no clue how this happened, but I have never played Arcana.

Man...I need to get an everdrive bad...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Actraiser 2 is beautiful...it's one of those games that completely showed just how good it was a SNES could look. But my god...that difficulty...especially towards the end...holy shit that game was tough.

Funny enough...I have no clue how this happened, but I have never played Arcana.

If you like dungeon crawlers, it's great. It's right up there as far as console dungeon crawlers are concerned with the Sega shining darkness/Ark games.

Another awesome game is Demon King. I think it's called Majuu Ou in Japan. If I wasn't at work I would link a video.

Last edited:

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member

I think I played 2 before the original, and had no idea that I was missing out on the RPG stuff. In that light, it's a pretty solid game, even if unfair at times.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I got my Super Everdrive from Krikzz the other week so I've been playing more of my SNES. I got the cart mostly for games that are WAY out of my price budget. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying stuff like Wild Guns and Demon's Crest, but getting other "classics" like Doom and Wane's World. I'm trying my best to figure out Umihara Kawase, I can see why the game didn't do well, I'm having problems getting to the 4th stage and I keep rushing knowing the game is all timed. Still a lot of fun. I'm kinda bummed the Everdrive can't do games with the special chips. I'd much rather play Star Fox 2 on my real SNES then over an emulator and for some reason I stopped with Mega Man after the first game in the X series so I'd like to play X2 and 3. But still I feel like I got my money's worth with the Everdrive. I'm not going to stop looking for good deals but with the way the prices have been skyrocketing on stuff I'd much rather be able to play them in some form then not at all.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

It's not that the sequel was too hard, but rather the first one was too easy. One or two stardusts will kill any plus sized boss with ease.

Steve

The Wonder Years,

One of the biggest games I have yet to play that I'm trying to rectify later this holiday season or early next year. I've been meaning to play this one for years now, but there's always been something I've felt more pressing to play, but it's inching up the queue slowly but surely. Of the big name titles on SNES, I still need to play Kirby SuperStar, ActRaiser, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Metal Warriors, Harvest Moon and StarFox.

Should be able to get in some quality SNES gaming this holiday break :)
Fuck, this system is simply bad-ass. The games still look great and the legitimately good games (of which there were many) still hold up well to today's standards IMO. That, combined with the nostalgia (which never hurts), makes it my favorite system bar none. It's that trusty old friend you know you can always go back to to rediscover why you fell in love with video gaming in the first place.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I used to love playing the master system and the megadrive, me and my brother would smash the pads round each others heads for hours on end after someone beat someone else, it was no end of fun. But the SNES is where I first started to take it seriously - spending hours alone finishing off full games just because it felt like it mattered. It was fun too, sure, but it was more than just fun as well.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

You have to approach Actraiser 2 like a 16 bit Dark Souls. You will DIE a LOT. You have to be super defensive, as even minor enemies can whoop your ass, but when you get used to playing the game it's fucking awesome. Few games of the era give you so many different attack and play options, and when you know what to do it's one of my favorite video game experiences.

BTW, I have a complete Arcana I'm never going to play that I'll sell you cheap if you want.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
It seems my SNES still plays fine with half the plastic power port broken off. Crisis averted. I have more time to learn soldering for the inevitable replacement.

16-bit Dark Souls? I may need to give ActRaiser 2 another look.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
SNES is and will probably always be my favorite console, it came out when I was 9 so that got the bulk of my gaming while growing up. I loved pretty much all of the Square RPG's, Final Fantasy II and III the most. One of my favorite, which I've always thought was a pretty underrated, game is Uniracers.