What is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fighting game? No BS.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I just like the name Zero over Alpha. Not because it's Japanese, I just think it sounds cool since the game's supposed to take place before the first Street Fighter game.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
it's a tough call.
but i gotta give it to Guilty Gear XX ^Core+R.
it's all about the title man.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I just like the name Zero over Alpha. Not because it's Japanese, I just think it sounds cool since the game's supposed to take place before the first Street Fighter game.
BZZZZZZZZT thanks for playing.

Zero takes place AFTER Street Fighter 1, but before SF2. Can't believe your post has been up for almost 10 minutes without 50 people jumping on you for this.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
BZZZZZZZZT thanks for playing.

Zero takes place AFTER Street Fighter 1, but before SF2. Can't believe your post has been up for almost 10 minutes without 50 people jumping on you for this.

Which doesn't make sense because there were no supers in SF2.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Ideally, you'd also have at least one other person there to play vs. mode with on this island (and controls for two). Arcade mode gets old quickly on most fighting games.

Suppose it would also suck if you didn't both agree on the best game to be stuck there with.

Hypothetical anyways. Glad some of you are just naming one game now.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Which doesn't make sense because there were no supers in SF2.

If you call being dizzied from a standing fierce combo'd into srk anything other than "super" then your standards are too high.

Guile's re-dizzy standing LP is also pretty fucking "super" too

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Silly billy, there was no Guile in Alpha...We got Charlie who later became Blanka on a Tuesday.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I wish the OP had the capability to smash the people who gave a "runner up" in the face with a spike baseball bat.

Yes, I realize this technically includes myself.

PS: '02 4 LIFE

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I am going to be a true neo fan and go with The Last Blade without even a thought. It's amazing in every way. Even though it had only a few characters, I love every one. And it just has an atmosphere other fighting games just don't have for me. I also love the fighting areas. The stage with the leaves is awesome. And I love the lack of music in favor of sounds. But when there is music I like that too. I can not say one bad thing about The Last Blade.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
For me, it would be Street Fighter Zero 3 on the Saturn.
Literally my favourite video game of all time. I've dumped hundreds of hours into it. I realize most people think SFA2 is the best game in the series, but something about the Saturn version of SFZ3 resonates with me. It has a ton of depth.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
garou.... love the cast, the game system, everything.... i wish i could combo better....

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
World Heroes 2

You asked for my favorite with no BS. It's a combination of genuinely liking the game and nostalgia. I remember watching it in arcades as a kid, and it was the first Neo game I bought. As a guy who doesn't take anything too seriously, I like it for its cartoony art style, goofy characters, funny moves and stupid back to the future rip-off plot.

There's tons of other fighting games I own that I know are better, but I'm not a serious player in any fighting game and I don't have much competition to play against. Thus, things that most people care about (balance and all that jazz) fly over my head.