What is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fighting game? No BS.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I prefer 2002 as well. I think the characters are a bit more fun to play. Shermie 4 Life.
Yeah, I enjoy playing '02 Shermie more than '98 Shermie, too.

Kof 98's aesthetic is awesome, but I think the look and feel of Kof peaked with 95.
And I kind of agree with this as well, although I actually appreciate '94 over '95. Some of the stages and music in '96 are phenomenal... but I'm not really in favor of the character sprite style and sound effect makeover the series got from '96 on. I really do like the '94/'95 aesthetic more.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Honorable Mentions:

Street Fighter II Turbo
Samurai Shodown III

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
And I kind of agree with this as well, although I actually appreciate '94 over '95. Some of the stages and music in '96 are phenomenal... but I'm not really in favor of the character sprite style and sound effect makeover the series got from '96 on. I really do like the '94/'95 aesthetic more.
As a casual/normal level 2D fighter, I still think 95 is the best of the lot (KOFs) in terms of look, feel, sound and gameplay.

It's phenomenal.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Are the differences between the SF Alpha and SF Zero great enough to warrant "everybody's'" preference for Zero? Educate me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Are the differences between the SF Alpha and SF Zero great enough to warrant "everybody's'" preference for Zero? Educate me.

Balrog isn't black in Zero.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Zero is cooler because it's Japanese. Who cares I'd I can't read anything?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Have you played the one on PS3 ?

The Only Sakigake! Otokojuku games I have are on Famicom, Gameboy, and PS2. The gameboy one is unique in that the fighters don't get refreshed between bouts so it's really a survivor mode gameplay.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Street Fighter Zero Alpha 2, KOF 95 and SS3.

1, choose one fucking game!!! fuck!

not singling you out, but I wasn't interested in a list of games. I could list 20 + games that I think are great. I just wanted it to be as though you're in a deserted island scenario (ironically I guess you have access to electricity), but you get what I meant. So anyone that gave some list, please post again your ONE FAVORITE FIGHTING GAME!!!

not that complicated dudes.

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I just wanted it to be as though you're in a deserted island scenario (ironically I guess you have access to electricity), but you get what I meant.

Ideally, you'd also have at least one other person there to play vs. mode with on this island (and controls for two). Arcade mode gets old quickly on most fighting games.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Super Turbo with Alpha 2 coming in a verrrryyy close second. I played Alpha 2 to death at the Berkeley BearCade my entire time at college. Damn, I would walk out of class to go play that game.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Without a doubt it would have to be Capcom VS SNK 2, Just look at the expressions on their faces!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sadly, I probably played Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for the Genesis as much as any other fighter.