Anyone playing Sword Art Online? Let's figure it out.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Been playing SWO the last few days and it is a bit overwhelming. Not much info out there. I am guessing there is at least a few of you out there. I was hoping we could share some info on what we know.

I just finished the first floor and have learned next to nothing. I have been running a 2 man party the whole time. So far all I really know is that the talking parts when in a party are random small talk, and normally spamming R will work. But if not take note and hit O next time.

Now for what I don't know.

1. Can you equip you comrades with equipment? I found out I can give them a weapon, but no idea how to tell if it is better other than looking at the name and comparing if I have that weapon.

2. What's the difference in levels outside town gate, and areas to hollow area in the command center? Are they all connected from the main gate?

3. where is this secret boss? I keep reading do not finish level 100 there is a secret boss. But no info online.

4. Is there a way to improve my chances of landing the last shot on a boss? And can I challenge a boss again after defeating it in hopes of landing the last shot and getting the special gear?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
TBH it's why I haven't bought the game. Heard next to nothing.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm not a big MMO, fan. Or JRPG fan these days. But I picked it up because my brother is a huge SWO fan and begged me to get it. I was surprised it's actually quite in depth and fun. It's basically a mmo simulator, but the grinding and crating is toned down a lot. There is a ton of content. A shit ton, and more DLC coming. The offline MMO game play actually works quite well, and makes it feel like, in my opinion, a pretty original game.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
after a few years of ELSWORD, i'm a little too wise to the spastically redundant ways of the MMO to be lured into any more of them,
no matter how cute and appealing the characters might be.

only MMO worth the time/expense, IMHO, is AIRMECH. for hardcore HERZOG ZWEI fans such as myself, it is the spiritual sequel 20 years in the making...

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Been playing SWO the last few days and it is a bit overwhelming. Not much info out there. I am guessing there is at least a few of you out there. I was hoping we could share some info on what we know.

I just finished the first floor and have learned next to nothing. I have been running a 2 man party the whole time. So far all I really know is that the talking parts when in a party are random small talk, and normally spamming R will work. But if not take note and hit O next time.

Now for what I don't know.

1. Can you equip you comrades with equipment? I found out I can give them a weapon, but no idea how to tell if it is better other than looking at the name and comparing if I have that weapon.

2. What's the difference in levels outside town gate, and areas to hollow area in the command center? Are they all connected from the main gate?

3. where is this secret boss? I keep reading do not finish level 100 there is a secret boss. But no info online.

4. Is there a way to improve my chances of landing the last shot on a boss? And can I challenge a boss again after defeating it in hopes of landing the last shot and getting the special gear?

I purchased the game but like you I can not figure anything out. The tutorial was very very sparse and there are plenty of typos in the game (I have the physical asian version with english text). I'm also a little disappointed with the camera as it is not the greatest when running around. Lastly, maybe I am getting old, but the screen is too small to play this game for me. Maybe I just need to get used to it some more, but damn... I was playing Diablo 3 last night on my ps4 on my 47" TV... and I thought it was a pretty good size to play on. I put the game down for a while since I had some other games to try to finish up. Good luck with it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
after a few years of ELSWORD, i'm a little too wise to the spastically redundant ways of the MMO to be lured into any more of them,
no matter how cute and appealing the characters might be.

only MMO worth the time/expense, IMHO, is AIRMECH. for hardcore HERZOG ZWEI fans such as myself, it is the spiritual sequel 20 years in the making...

I will have to check it out. The only mmo I ever come back to is eve online. Best mmo ever