Video Problem with Sony PVM 2030

amplibax

n00b
I picked up a PVM 2030 recently that seemed to work okay when I originally tested it, but when I got it home and played a few games I noticed on dark screens you can see sort of a white white light at the top of the screen. Anyone experience something similar or know how to fix this?

Here's a few pics:

Nyder

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I picked up a PVM 2030 recently that seemed to work okay when I originally tested it, but when I got it home and played a few games I noticed on dark screens you can see sort of a white white light at the top of the screen. Anyone experience something similar or know how to fix this?

Here's a few pics:

I'd take the cover off and calibrate it via the pots.
Get 240 test suite goin, check the gain,bias, white balence etc.

Does it happen with both composite,s-video,RGB?
On more than one console?

Nyd

amplibax

n00b
I've never heard of the 240 test suite. I'll definitely be burning a copy of that.

It happens on both composite and s-video with any console.

BadMojo12

n00b
Nice work on getting the monitor; once you fix your issues you will be really happy with the performance; I have a PVM myself. Good luck.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I'm almost positive that your problem is due to overscan, since the image is disappearing off the top of your screen. You need to adjust the vertical height and position of your image. Get the 240p suite like someone suggested, and put up a crosshatch pattern to use to dial in the screen size. If you don't have a flashcart to use, then just load up a game and use the image to do the adjustment. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Edit: Fucking newb. I didn't realize that this was an old thread.

amplibax

n00b
I'm almost positive that your problem is due to overscan, since the image is disappearing off the top of your screen. You need to adjust the vertical height and position of your image. Get the 240p suite like someone suggested, and put up a crosshatch pattern to use to dial in the screen size. If you don't have a flashcart to use, then just load up a game and use the image to do the adjustment. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Edit: Fucking newb. I didn't realize that this was an old thread.

I just noticed this reply now.

Ho-lee fuk. Thank you dude. I popped the case off and gave one little turn on the V-Size Pot and BAM, the white shit was gone.

Sorry for bumping, but I figured this would be good to post for anyone else with this issue in the future.