Interesting Yaton boards - boot or repair?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm finding a few interesting boards while cleaning the 102 carts I received from Yaton. Some are definitely legit, with minor repairs, such as a wire from a chip to a pin. Others, I'm not so sure. First up, we have a wacky Double Dragon wiring job, followed by a Sam Sho IV with a socketed chip. Tomorrow, I will upload a KoF '96 that I think is a repair but does not match any on the MVS scans site. Hoping it's legit because I have 4 identical ones ;)

dd1a.jpgdd1b.jpgdd2a.jpgdd2b.jpgssiv1a.jpgssiv1b.jpgssiv2a.jpgssiv2b.jpg

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
None of them are boots. You need to look for eproms or MX chips.

Check out the numbers on the mask ROMs and compared them with this list.

First game is Double Dragon, second one is Samurai Shodown IV. Both games are legit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
None of them are boots. You need to look for eproms or MX chips.

Check out the numbers on the mask ROMs and compared them with this list.

First game is Double Dragon, second one is Samurai Shodown IV. Both games are legit.

Great to know! Thanks brotha! :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
That first one was repaired to fix bad traces on the board. The chips are fine, but obviously some of the traces went bad, so he just wire connected the traces back into place.

Not sure what's up with the socketed M1 on that SS4. Probably a repair by an operator, since the solder side looks like multiple chips were reflowed/resoldered. I'm not saying SNK was above work like that, but it does look a little sloppy. If they work fine, they're perfectly good gamer-condition/repaired carts ;)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That first one was repaired to fix bad traces on the board. The chips are fine, but obviously some of the traces went bad, so he just wire connected the traces back into place.

Not sure what's up with the socketed M1 on that SS4. Probably a repair by an operator, since the solder side looks like multiple chips were reflowed/resoldered. I'm not saying SNK was above work like that, but it does look a little sloppy. If they work fine, they're perfectly good gamer-condition/repaired carts ;)

Thanks for the info. Both work fine :)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The first cart seems to have been repaired by Drakon himself :oh_no:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've never purchased any boots from Yaton in the past. I did have a few like you with jumpers all over the place.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
He does have an interesting line up of boots but clearly identifies them as such.

20141013_171514.jpg

20141013_171610.jpg

Seriously though, why make a boot of Blue's Journey?!?