Xbox One Impressions

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I just don't give a shit really. I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape over videogame systems and choose sides. I guess it mattered when there was a real difference between the systems, but these graphically and feature-wise there's barely a difference. Xbox=Playstaion > Nintendo

Nintendo has it's own thing going on, so again, none of this really matters. Buy a system, play the games you want to play, then shut the fuck up.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
When all is said and done, all the consoles with have a decent library of exclusive titles and it will come down to personal preference.

I have all 3 consoles this gen and without a doubt, the Wii U has gotten the most play time from me - but then again its been out the longest and I bought it close to launch...whereas the PS4 and Xbone I got much later.

I rag on both the PS4 and Xbone - but I honestly enjoy them both and don't regret getting either. I will say this though, as of right now I am playing my xbone much more than the PS4 - this is primarily due to Killer Instinct. Also, Sunset Overdrive is much more fun than I had anticipated. I am not a fan of games that cram attitude down my throat - which this game does - but the control is just a ton of fun and more than makes up for it the in-your-face schtick of the game.

Also, in terms of which is a more powerful system I could really care less. There's a lot of factors I take into consideration when getting non-exclusive games.

For example, when I got MK X I could have got the PS4 version, but I decided to get it on Xbone because I'd rather not get 2 arcade sticks and would rather have one for Xbone for Killer Instinct - so I decided to get MK X on xbone. I don't know if the PS4 version is "better", but I have no problems with the xbone version. True, SFV will be a PS4 exclusive I guess...but I've always felt comfortable playing SF games on a pad, so I have no problem not getting an arcade stick for that in the future.

Same goes for Project Cars. The PS4 version might be a tad better (I have no idea, just speculation), but I will probably end up getting it for xbone since ideally I'd like to get a force feedback wheel, which I could also potentially use for the Forza games as well, if I ever get those.

On the flip side...I'll most likely get the Witcher for PS4. Same with Arkham Knight and MGS5.

Anyway, all the systems have their pros and cons. It's a shame Microsoft kind fucked up early before the launch of the xbone because I think it's a quality system with some good content - but Sony just handled things so much better early on and they are still reaping the benefits of that.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm skipping this round of systems because there's ENOUGH games on PS3 that I missed that are now cheap. I'm going to miss free online play with PSN, tho. Ah well.

I always said that canonical Metal Gear and Mass Effect would get me to buy a new system. With Kojima himself saying that MGSV is the end of the saga as far as hes concerned, the fact that its also coming out on PS3, and Mass Effect being next-gen only, theres no reason to plunk down cash for any new system, IMO. Nothing that's been shown (aside from Arkham Knight) has caught my interest in any way.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ok can I just say something here. So I picked up a new copy Titanfall for a whopping $6.80 (including tax) from BB....was on sale for $7.99 and got a 20% discount, haha.

Anyway, I don't even have a Gold membership but the game with a couple day free trial and I have to say it is a ton of fun. I don't play any FPS but this just feels great. I only played the attrition mode but I had a great time even though I had my ass handed to me over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the online multiplayer aspect of it is still bullshit, but this game is undeniably fun.

EDIT: The only other main experiences I have with modern FPS are probably the Killzone and Resistance series...and of course the Metroid Prime series. I used to have Black Ops 2 for the Wii U and hated it...but Titanfall is making me think I should take a second look at some more modern FPS games.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Titanfall is just an online, arena based FPS like Quake 3.

Yes, it would have been badass if they'd made an actual campaign to go with it (As that's what I wanted too, but really the Respawn guys are known for their online multiplayer.)

Great, fun multiplayer shooter though. The 360 port is even really good too.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Great, fun multiplayer shooter though. The 360 port is even really good too.

I almost picked up a used copy over the weekend for $7. I know for a fact that I won't be able to play it since I am trying to beat FFXHD once and for all. The online only aspect made me change my mind. I am not a huge multi-player gamer so not sure how I would like it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I almost picked up a used copy over the weekend for $7. I know for a fact that I won't be able to play it since I am trying to beat FFXHD once and for all. The online only aspect made me change my mind. I am not a huge multi-player gamer so not sure how I would like it.

If you don't really like online FPS I'd avoid it.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I know my perspective is really limited - but at least attrition mode does not really feel like a multiplayer experience. I've just been playing with random strangers and trying to kill the other team.

Now of course I am missing out on all the strategic elements of coop, and this could get old quick, but I've had a lot of fun with this mode alone. Considering you can now get this game for less than an extra value meal at McDonalds I'd say it is definitely worth picking up.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Thanks for info @Lagduf @neo_moe

I do enjoy FPS in general but don't find myself playing any of the CODs online. I just thought it wasn't playable but from what I've been reading I can still get some enjoyment out of the game, at least $7's worth. I might pick it up next time time I stop by the local buybacks store.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I know this is completely stupid...but I really want that blue forza 6 xbone...I can't tell if its ugly or not, but I like it anyway.

Ugh, anyone want to buy a white sunset overdrive xbone?

EDIT: Here is a pic of the blue xbone. love it.

forza-motorsport-6-limited-edition-xbox-one_1920.0.jpg

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I have been waiting for either metal gear , mass effect or Halo 5 to buy a new console. But with the announcement of backwards compatibility forthcoming and the the specials they always have on the box. i think ill pick one up this weekend if i can swing it. I was going to get the lego jurassic park game on 360 but ill throwdown for a new console instead i guess.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What kind of XB1 deals do you think we'll see come the holidays?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Well last year I think the standard deal from Microsoft was $50 off and 2 pack-n digital games (Assassin's Creed IV and Unity). I think some retailers offered some additional deals like an additional $50 off or free wireless controller...

I'd expect to see similar deals this year - though pack in games with Microsoft is kinda hit and miss - Sunset Overdrive and Forza 6 are good choices...but I don't care much for Ass Creed or the current Halo Collection...

Also, if you have/don't need a 360 or PS3, I think some places are offering pretty good trade-in deals right now. I think Gamestop is offering $150 for 120 GB PS4 or 250 GB 360...). Looks like Gamestop is also offering a free game when you purchase an Xbone.

If I were in the market for a xbone now I'd certainly try and snag a 1tb edition...though I guess it's easy enough to increase capacity on a 500 gb version too. I'd probably try and get that Forza edition. Seriously thinking of selling my xbone and preordering that guy.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
My 360 is old and doesn't qualify for the trade in.

I don't know if you have a Mircosoft Store close to you, but if you do, they regularly have $100 console trade-in offers valid for any model 360 or PS3. On top of that, they often have deals on the Xbone itself, usually one or two free games and a free $50 gift card. These deals can be stacked. It's how I got mine almost a year ago.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I would prefer a Ps3 but an Xbox one has become alot cheaper, especially with the trade in deal. But i cant say any games really interest me , most are just 'remastered' versions that are going for $60 when i can get the older version for 20 or under. Videogames in general have become , alot to do because it costs so much to develop new games that few publishers are willing to take risks.

Anybody know the criteria for trading in a console? Does it have to under a certain age...certain model ,Ie not the Piece of shit Gen 1 360 ?

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Sometimes I really have the itch to try some of the new games..but still boycotting them. What they tried to pull off was quite unacceptable.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Am also waiting for a special edition xbox one,, didnt know about this Forza, looks different. Will like to see if they make a Halo or a Gears of War.

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I just wish you could put a bigger hard drive in the console like with PS4, I don't like the whole USB deal. These consoles need at least 2TB to get through this generation.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Am also waiting for a special edition xbox one,, didnt know about this Forza, looks different. Will like to see if they make a Halo or a Gears of War.

A Halo 5 special edition console has already been confirmed. A Gears 4 console has a good chance as well.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I just wish you could put a bigger hard drive in the console like with PS4, I don't like the whole USB deal. These consoles need at least 2TB to get through this generation.

Using an external with the Xbone has an advantage though. The Xbone's internal HDD connection is SATA 2, while the USB ports are USB 3.0. USB 3.0 has a faster data transfer rate than SATA 2, which means Xbone games installed to an external USB 3.0 HDD will load faster than games installed to the internal HDD. Plus, and external drive makes it easier to play your games on a different Xbone console.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Kind of off topic, but I don't want to create a new topic. Never owned a XBox console but this IGN podcast was really good: Link.
IGN interviews Phil Spencer, Peter Moore and Xbox creator Seamus Blackley. Lots of behind the scenes stuff is brought up. They even bring up the South Park episode involving PM.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So looks like Killer Instinct is greeting a season 3 and as a teaser they have a beta of Rash from Battletoads up - I tried hime briefly this morning and was fun. Kinda unexpected but oh well.

I guess the season won't officially begin until march and they drop feed us characters which I manor crazy about but glad to see this game getting support / updates.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Anyone in need of a digital copy of Halo 5 for free? I've got an extra. First person to reply that meets these simple qualifications:

* 100+ posts
* Been a member for at least 6 months
* Already have an Xbox One or will definitely get one in the next month
* Will actually play the game and not sell or trade the code