What was your first videogame console/computer?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
2600 was the first one (old school woodgrain) but my parents had an old yellow Pong machine before that I was playing at like 6 or 7 that began "the problem".

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
My first console was a NES Action Set with grey Zapper, bought in May 1989. My dad bought us a used Philips TV to go with it. Prior to that, all of my gaming was either in arcades or on borrowed Game & Watches.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Video game crash was awesome.

Had a 2600. Every week, my mom would bring home a new game (they would be like $2 ea on clearance).

Otherwise, I never got video games, toys or any of that shit outside of birthdays or holidays. But man, that video game crash era it was game after game.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
My older brother's had an old Atari 2600, then they got an NES. I remember seeing Super Mario Bros for the first time and was like this is awesome. Granted I was only like 4 or 5. It eventually became my little brothers and mine. The first system we got as our own was the TG16 though.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
NES set with orange Zapper with duck hunt/super mario combo cart. I managed to "inherit" my dads Atari 2600 and all his games shortly after getting the NES. Good times, awesome memory's

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
first time i seen/played an NES was at my aunt's house, late-80's. her kids had the orange/gray ZAPPER.

when my mom got me an NES bundle in the early 90's from a couple late-teen/young adult guys looking to get cash together to step up to a SEGA GENESIS,
the very large and generous bundle, for a mere $80/100, included a tremendous wad of good stuff, including the earlier two-tone gray ZAPPER.

sometime in the late 90's/early 2000's i hit a yard sale and picked up someone's small NES rig for like $8, including the later orange/gray ZAPPER,
and today i have both versions. i also have a SEGA master system LIGHT PHASER for the SMS i'll probably never own.

indeed, i missed out at a yard sale once on somebody's very nice little MOD.1 SMS bundle for way less than $10, IIRC. i kick myself profusely to this day over that...

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I guess the first console I purchased was the Sega CD add-on. Then the 32X add-on. Was I a slow learner or what? Those things were shit!

It probably would have helped if you'd purchased a Genesis first.

Crush Roller

Rugal's Thug
Atari 2600 (or VCS to people who had the first model) was my first system and console,the Zx Spectrum was next as my second system but first computer. Being first systems both have a place in my heart. :)

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
It was a little 486 computer, I believe it was a Goldstar.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
A Sears pong box, quickly followed by some odd radio shack device that split
into two pieces. One "controller" had all the switches & the traditional pong dial
& the other was much smaller and only had the dial. It played the common pong
games. Also had a light gun with it that pretty much counted everything as a hit so long as
you were pointing it at the screen.
First computer was a Commodore VIC-20. Didn't really know what to do with it but little brother and I would always play this game called "radar rat race" on it.
We eventually got an NES then a 2600.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Apple 2+. Played mostly a off-brand imitation of Pac-Man.

Never had an actual console at home as a kid.

First console I bought for myself was SFC. Second was an AES.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
My older brother gave me a ZX Spectrum 16k. It was awesome. I even made some programs and recorded them on tape.