What Horror Games Will You Be Playing For The Halloween Season?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Carrier (Dreamcast)

I never beat that game, shelved it 15 years ago. Time to dust it off.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Ghouls 'n Ghosts is always good, it's been a while since I've ran through it. I wonder if I can still beat it and save the princess in half an hour.

the MD/GENESIS port i can tackle in about 30mins. or less on any random day. actually, i love that game, and play it rather often.
it was one of my first Genny titles back in 89/90. going through both quests to rescue the princess and properly finish the game, however,
that takes me a good 45mins./1hr. anyone that can do a full proper run in a half-hour, i salute them. is it actually even possible? fill me in, please...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
the MD/GENESIS port i can tackle in about 30mins. or less on any random day. actually, i love that game, and play it rather often.
it was one of my first Genny titles back in 89/90. going through both quests to rescue the princess and properly finish the game, however,
that takes me a good 45mins./1hr. anyone that can do a full proper run in a half-hour, i salute them. is it actually even possible? fill me in, please...

First, go to the options and choose professional mode, that makes it arcade difficulty. Then go through two loops and then you're done. Go for the 1cc, the genny version is a little easier than the PCB. So it's easily done.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Siren on PS3
Only a couple gifted people know about this game.
Pure Awesome, the other 2 on PS2 are great as well.

Splatterhouse on PS3
The Last of US

Kuon on PS2
Need to finishish this one.

Siren is so damn beastly!!! Kuon I own and have finished, I think it's rare now.
Gonna play Clock Tower 3 and Rule of Rose!

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
First, go to the options and choose professional mode, that makes it arcade difficulty. Then go through two loops and then you're done. Go for the 1cc, the genny version is a little easier than the PCB. So it's easily done.

i cleared on PROFESSIONAL once or twice, it was a bit of a PITA, and fairly frustrating, so i haven't bothered again since.

no way in hell could i ever 1cc it, i value what health i possess, and i prefer Gn'G for the fun of the experience, not for bragging rights...

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Been playing Castlevania 1-III and Super Castlevania on the Wii U plus downloaded Dracula X yesterday but have not had a chance to give it some time yet. Still debating with myself if I should get Silent Hill, any of them, to introduce myself to the series.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Been playing Castlevania 1-III and Super Castlevania on the Wii U plus downloaded Dracula X yesterday but have not had a chance to give it some time yet. Still debating with myself if I should get Silent Hill, any of them, to introduce myself to the series.

Start with the HD Collection. It has 2 and 3 and both are awesome. I think its relatively cheap now to. The stories are non continuing so whichever you play first won't confuse you.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I thought I made a post suggesting Shadows of the Damned or Black Knight Sword....did a mod remove it?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Oh wait, you said HORROR, not HORRIBLE.

Resident Evil 4 HD (PC)
Alien: Isolation (PS4-super intense game so far)
The Evil Within (PS4)

Hell, I'll probably play Aliens: Colonial Marines anyway. I just had the game gifted to me since a friend found out I'm playing Isolation and said that while it's bad, playing through on easy to kill some bugs is still fun. About two hours in and it's super linear and the aliens aren't smart at all, but I'm actually enjoying the weapon customization aspects very much.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Not really a scary game but i'm currently playing Shadows of the Damned on PS3.

Gonna be playing The Evil Within next week.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
+1 for The Evil Within

...maybe I'll do Dead Space again.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Love that game.

Bert: "Let's go again."

Jon

Ditto, love that game as well. But I won't be playing it.

Right now i'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and it's excellent.

I'm always playing a castlevania games. Death Smiles is always a holiday play for me, as is Splatterhouse. Hopefully I get my Mega Everdrive soon to play some splatterhouse 3

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
On Amnesia: The Dark Descent- this game is really well put together, super heavy atmosphere and recieved almost universal praise. But there is one stupid motherfucking problem with it that = me not playing more than an hour before I tire of playing it and turn it off. And it's a problem that STILL plagues numerous PC games with relatively simple control schemes.

...no ...controller ...support.

Yes, there are quite a few PC games with control schemes that don't lend themselves to controllers/gamepads. But games like amnesia DO.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
On Amnesia: The Dark Descent- this game is really well put together, super heavy atmosphere and recieved almost universal praise. But there is one stupid motherfucking problem with it that = me not playing more than an hour before I tire of playing it and turn it off. And it's a problem that STILL plagues numerous PC games with relatively simple control schemes.

...no ...controller ...support.

Yes, there are quite a few PC games with control schemes that don't lend themselves to controllers/gamepads. But games like amnesia DO.

That's can be annoying. I am use to keyboard and mouse though. But not to the extent I bitch on steam forums for dark souls keyboard support

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I just picked up Siren New Translation. I'll give that a whirl.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
That's can be annoying. I am use to keyboard and mouse though. But not to the extent I bitch on steam forums for dark souls keyboard support

Yeah, I am for PC games having BOTH options. This is something developers need to embrace from the ground up, development-wise. If you make a PC game that could work with the controller- put controller support in the game! And if you bring a console game to the PC- put proper keyboard and mouse support into the game so you don't alienate PC players who prefer KB&M!

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Not really a scary game but i'm currently playing Shadows of the Damned on PS3.

Gonna be playing The Evil Within next week.

same on Evil Within, cannot freaking wait! Also loved Shadows of the damned, the horror themed shooter for people who like dick jokes

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I've been playing Diablo 3, which fits the theme, but the actual reason I'm playing it is because I have a newborn baby. Diablo 3 is one of those games you can put down at any time and still make progress. You don't have to remember what you're doing or even complete anything to have a chance at finding good loot. This is useful for when the baby starts crying. (all the time)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
same on Evil Within, cannot freaking wait! Also loved Shadows of the damned, the horror themed shooter for people who like dick jokes

No kidding. That game was just straight up one dick joke after another. I thought people were exaggerating lol.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Resident Evil Remake on wii
Vampire Hunter/Savior and a little Battle Monsters on Saturn
Splatterhouse 3 on Genesis
Demon's Crest on SNES
Maybe some Champions online Halloween stuff
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (I know it's not supposed to be as good as the first)
Dead Rising 3