What Horror Games Will You Be Playing For The Halloween Season?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm curious to hear some feedback about the gameplay and story of The Evil Within. If anyone picked it up for PC and have an older system, were there are any issues? I'm running a core i7 920 system with 12 gb ram and a HD Radeon 7850. Thanks.

Last edited:

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Hosting a gaming event at a local bar on the 28th and I'm totally gonna rock some halloween games. There's a projector that just needs Splatterhouse on Turbografx. Also thinking Wanpaku Graffiti for Famicom and Deathsmiles

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I'm curious to hear some feedback about the gameplay and story of The Evil Within. If anyone picked it up for PC and have an older system, were there are any issues? I'm running a core i7 920 system with 12 gb ram and a HD Radeon 7850. Thanks.

As far as I'm concerned it's what Resident Evil 5 should have been in terms of being a successor to the formula seen in RE4, it plays like a leaner, meaner version of RE4 and the plots pretty standard horror game fare but the ideas at play in it have some meat on them, the explanation for what exactly is going on is actually pretty creepy when you think about it, but overall the game isn't all that scary, more tense and moody

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
played bonze adventure and youkai douchuuki via magic engine.
bonze is such a shitty ghosts n goblins ripoff but it has its charm.
youkai, however, is just too aged for me to enjoy. and its lighthearted music and visuals clash against its imagery too much.
splatterhouse is still great.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Carrier (Dreamcast)

I never beat that game, shelved it 15 years ago. Time to dust it off.

Every time I enter this thread, I am reminded that I too never finished Carrier. I played it for a while when it first came out and HATED. Fake ass Resident Evil wannabe. Gave it another go a few years ago and actually got a good chunk through the game but eventually got stuck. I wandered around for hours which is not a good thing to do in this game because the enemies respawn IIRC. Just couldn't figure out where to go next.

I even looked it up online but help was surprisingly scarce. No Lets Plays or Walkthroughs to be found.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
well i can't find any emu sites that aren't blocked because this assbackwards piece of shit country blocks every goddamn thing
anyways
i wanna play Horror Story and download the PC-Engine ROM of it
anyone who's a cool enough dude to e-mail me the ROM, well, i'll mail you a postcard as a token of appreciation
that is all

maybe everyone knows what game i'm talking about, maybe one person doesn't know, so here's a link to this shitty looking game which i froth over
http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Horror_Story.htm

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
what the heck you still live in China??? I would have thought you got that out of your system by now...

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
managed to get something themed on each cab :)

Nightmare in the Dark, Vampire Savior and Melty Blood.

aclMBlt.jpg

edit: also typing of the dead and House of the dead (sat) are setup 24/7, and I might get some Deathsmiles in on the big screen.

Last edited:

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Alien Isolation is pretty fun to play. Although yeah, Typing of the Dead for sure/

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Went though season 1-2 of Pinball Arcade on the Vita, and it took me almost an hour to play 1 game of the horror themed games like Haunted House, the Elvira games, etc.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mental Torment on the Oculus DK2.

not for people with heart problems. This is just a short demo, and this one destroyed me.