Portland Retrogaming Expo Oct 18-19, 2014

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I barely made it to the show on Saturday (like 10 minutes before show close) so I really only was there for the live auction on Saturday. And had to skip out a little early Sunday as I had to be at work Sunday night. Only saw shadowkn55 & goombakid. But I didn't have much time to try and meet anyone. Hopefully next year things will work out better for me than they did this time.

I had wanted to catch the Gaming Historian panel as I enjoy his youtube vids. Didn't look at much of the other panels, but didn't have time to catch any of em anyway.

So, who else made it this year that I missed?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Im just hoping i can make it next year to pay goombakid plus many others a visit. Car registration plus other high bills got in the way. I definitely need to go in 2016

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I was there for my first time. Really enjoyed the David Crane and Howard Scott Warshaw panels. Wished I could have gone to more panels, but the friend I was with wanted to spend a bunch of time looking for good deals.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I took my wife and kids on Saturday. My kids really had fun with the free arcade area. Spent time on Sunday meeting and chatting with Bubz and Shadowkn55. Really didn't get much in terms of games, but regardless, it was great this year.

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I flew out from the east this year and was really impressed by how much the expo had grown - I'd say it was easily twice as large as last year. I got some good stuff and in general was pretty impressed by what the sellers had available.

mistahsnart

New Challenger
I went this year, but I haven't been on the forums in a while, so I didn't think to check for gatherings.

There was a very small selection of commons at the show. However I did pick up a copy of RBS from shadowkn55 at a great price, which was cool. Even got to chat him up about PVMs, and the lack of them for sale in the Portland area.

I was good show. Lots of really young kids running around scrambling for NES carts. Which is cool I guess. Although it's making prices go crazy. $70 for loose Contra carts was pretty common to see.

I'm hoping the Swap Meet in January brings out some more MVS carts and PCE HuCards.