Over the counter medication for...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This probably has more to do with a certain something that you are consuming in your diet AND you need to find out what it is by a process of elimination.Last thing added to your daily diet should be the first thing removed for about a week or so ,etc,etc.
BB

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I found jogging, banana and warm milk to be a powerful solution to insomnia. I have to really jog (until I'm exhausted) and then my brain seems to fix itself. Definitely worth looking into.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That's what took care of my anxiety. Cut out the things in life making you unhappy.

That's what anxiety is, inner turmoil. Get rid of the causes. Making it sound easier than it is, it's work to do. But you'll be better for it in the long run.

If someone has an actual anxiety disorder, that won't work. The brain moves on to things that can't be avoided.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If someone has an actual anxiety disorder, that won't work. The brain moves on to things that can't be avoided.

People don't develop actual anxiety disorders because of shift pattern changes.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I jerk off to sleep & its a great stress reliever...Just do it on your bed & have everything ready for cleanup so you dont have to get up or if you're just lazy, have it dry up & clean up next morning.

If that don work, trying get a prescription for Lorazepam...

Lorazepam is short term and won't take care of the underlying issue. I work nights and I usually go for a run to ease my tension. I'd suggest to remove any and all electronic its from your bedroom, as looking at a screen before bed makes the brain think and be on alert more, which doesn't help sleeping. Also, see what your intake is in regards to caffeine, sugar, and salt.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I'm going to try valerian root and melatonin tonight, I'll let you guys know what I think. I'm curious as to whether valerian is just snake oil or not, shit's expensive so it better be legit.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If valerian was legit, there would be a pharmaceutical grade version available. There isn't.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
It's probably placebo, but the valerian definitely took the edge off, placebo or not I'll take it.

bklyn4ever

New Challenger
After reading through the insomniac thread, it seems people are pretty knowledgeable about various medications. Sometimes, my mind races and I find it difficult to stop thinking about things; work, meetings, stuff like that. I don't know if it can be called anxiety. Sometimes, it seems like the only thing that helps me stop thinking is sleep. While this does not effect the way I go through the day, I would prefer not to be consumed by these thoughts.

Is there medication for this kind of issue? Would it be possible to obtain something over the counter, or would it have to be prescribed? What would it be?

Let me be clear, I am not looking to abuse any substances, but rather use legal medication as prescribed. Any insight and experiences would be helpful as I am not the kind to go to doctors unless absolutely necessary.

If your problem is sleeping I would try melatonin. It works for some people. You can buy it at your local Goncourt or vitamin shoppe. You can also try increasing your magnesium intake either through supplement or by diet

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I'm more of a Caligula type-of-guy.

I can see that actually.

Funny how that out of around 100 emperors from Augustus in 27BC to Constantine XI in 1453AD, there are only like 15 that are worth knowing. Sucks to be the other ones.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
So I ended up seeing a doctor. Probably the most difficult conversation I have had in a doctor's office. I told him about what I was experiencing. He said that he could prescribe medication, but that medication usually takes a number of weeks, if not a month, to kick in anyways, so it would not provide immediate relief. So instead, he recommended that I get help for my symptoms through talking with a professional and learning how to manage my racing thoughts, worrying, and anxious feelings that way. I asked him if he could prescribe me something to sleep, but he said I should try Benadryl first (you guys were on the ball). So, while this is not gonna help me immediately, I kind of like that I'm not resorting to medication right away. And to help me sleep, I can get Benadryl over the counter. I bought it, but haven't used it yet.

I think I'm gonna look for a new job as well. Kinda scary to leave something secure at this point in your life though, but it is not providing me anything good besides a paycheck.

To the person who suggested not having that electronics in the bedroom is bad; I have always used the background noise of TV to fall asleep, but maybe it is not good.