Whats up guys

simon_C

n00b
Hey guys whats up?

I'm new here, obviously.
I wanted to pick up an MVS so i decided to do some research and ended up here.

Haven't found an MVS to consolize yet, but i'm keeping an eye out and I hope to find something soon so I can start a glorious new addiction.

No stranger to classic consoles and whatnot, but i am new to neo geo. No idea why I never gave it much thought before, but i'm starting to look into it.

Yeah.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Welcome to the forums. Goodluck on your hunt for an mvs.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Welcome brudda unfortunately you picked a pretty hard time to start picking up MVS stuff but if you are patient some good deals can still be had

simon_C

n00b
EH doesn't look all too difficult to find a board.
I'm looking for an MV-1, MV-1F, MV-1FS, or MV-2 board to consolize, simply to save on having to desolder the bios chip for the unibios, and to save on soldering joystick ports and doing a stereo mod.
I'll probably pick up whatever ends up being the best deal, because those things are not deal breakers for me.

As for games, I'll probably just end up with a multicart for now so I can get playing pretty cheaply.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Welcome, it's always great to have a new console to play games/collect for.

simon_C

n00b
Yeah, and I'm really wondering why I had never given the Neo Geo any thought in the past.
ah well, I'm here now.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Welcome! Look forward to your CMVS build once you find your board.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Welcome to the forums! And best of luck on your search for an MVS system. Hope to see the pics as well, and the collection of games you intend to get to play.

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
Forgot to say welcome!! I'm a newb here too, but I dove into Neo Geo head first a few weeks ago and I'm loving it.

There are plenty of sources to find an MVS to consolize, but I feel like your best bet might be to start with an MV1C at least. It's compact and can fit in almost any sort of enclosure! I put mine into an Atari 5200 lol.

Plenty of articles and info to be found here, so take your time and enjoy!