So How Do You Guys Like Your Steaks?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I normally order based on cut. Filet, NY strip, top sirloin medium rare. Not much fat in those, too done and you make shoe leather out of them. T-bone, ribeye...more to the medium side. The bone in the t-bone makes the steak near it too rare if cooked med-rare and there too much fat in a ribeye to cook M-R.

Same answer here.

Better cuts I want medium rare (filet, prime rib, etc.), everything else medium.

Smokehouse knows whats up....:vik:

Very lean steaks like flank and filet I will eat rare or even black n' blue if I'm in the mood. Fatty or well marbled steaks like hanger and rib I like more to medium side, steaks with cold hard chunks of fat suck. Also never was a fan of porterhouse, to get the strip a nice mid-rare leaves the filet side dried up and dead.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rump and sirloin, rare to medium-rare. Salt, pepper.

I'm partial to seasonings and gravys too but I prefer to respect the meat.

And none of this well done garbage. You might as well chew a piece of dry leather.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Alllll you crazycrazy people ruining perfectly good meat ordering steaks "Well done". Lunatics I tell ya!

I'll take rare, or blue if it's available. Ribeye, strip, porterhouse, all good choices. And just a little bit of salt to bring out the natural flavor. Marinades are for cheap cuts, not a decent steak. As has been said before, I want to taste the beef, not the sauce/seasoning/marinade/charcoal(for those of you who order it well done)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Don't eat meat. When I did, on the rare occasion when I ate a steak, it was always well done. I always preferred a good burger, burritio, or sub. All still well done, but at least it had somenother flavors. The idea of eating bloody meat makes me gag.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Don't eat meat. When I did, on the rare occasion when I ate a steak, it was always well done. I always preferred a good burger, burritio, or sub. All still well done, but at least it had somenother flavors. The idea of eating bloody meat makes me gag.

Whether you eat it rare or well done, there's still blood in the steak, it's just a matter of what the color of it is when you're eating it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Whether you eat it rare or well done, there's still blood in the steak, it's just a matter of what the color of it is when you're eating it.

If I can't distinguish it I'm better with it then when I see a steak that looks almost uncooked.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The "blood in steak" issue drives me nuts...the red juice that comes out of a steak is NOT BLOOD. Blood, when cooked, is thick and brown-black in color. Think of a vein in a piece of bone-in chicken...very thick and very dark.

The juice is what you get from cooking red meat...cook all of that out and you have a piece of beef jerky. It took me years to get my wife to stop ordering steaks well done. Once I finally got her to at least order a steak medium, she started enjoying them (before that, she hated steaks).

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
What gets me is people who order filets well done...why even bother at that point?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It took me years to get my wife to stop ordering steaks well done.

This reminds me of my dad. He has always ordered his steaks well done, and I think it's gross. A couple of years back he ordered it that way and they made a mistake and prepared it medium. He was pissed, but hungry so he took a bite. It was the best steak he ever had.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
This reminds me of my dad. He has always ordered his steaks well done, and I think it's gross. A couple of years back he ordered it that way and they made a mistake and prepared it medium. He was pissed, but hungry so he took a bite. It was the best steak he ever had.

Both of my parents were the same way, I think it has to do with all the ecoli and salmonella scare bs from the yester years. The health code is a lot more strict now too so now we can enjoy "undercooked" meats.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I dont like stake, I find it disgusting. The only time I find it acceptable is when its been thinly sliced, cooked well and in a burrito or something.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Stab the fucking cow, then lightly char the outside and make sure that with every slice, there's a puddle of blood.

that's the only way

maybe throw some sauteed mushrooms and asparagus for decoration.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
It really depends on the cut of steak. Center tenderloin cuts as a filet I prefer rare or even Pittsburgh. On those cuts I just prefer a little bit of salt and pepper. Compliment it with asparagus in red wine, sea salt topped broccoli, or fresh garlic mashed potatoes, or mashed cauliflower. On other cuts (shoulder, sirloin steaks, beef top round, beef bottom round, brisket, skirt, etc), I tenderize first, then use a little Adobo, Montreal Steak seasoning, or a combination of both. Cooked, I prefer this medium rare.

I do like adding Maggi seasoning sauce when using sliced onions (if I add it to the steak). Add butter to the pan, Maggi and cook your onions in there. You can add mushrooms as well, but I prefer just the onions.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Medium Rare for just about any cut but I don't mind a nice dry aged ribeye or filet migon rare.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I like my steak and burgers well done! with a dr.pepper or inka cola (Peruvian soda) on the side and i'm good!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If it's a lamb steak then I don't mind having it a bit more well done, since lamb doesn't get tough to the point of being unchewable like beef.