console strategy games

DeusVult

Another Striker
any good strategy games for the following consoles, dreamcast, Saturn and the genesis

iam currently playing syndicate on the jaguar and warcraft on the Saturn, I also have tyrants in time and Herzog zwei but haven't had a chance to get into them yet.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Genesis
Warsong aka Langrisser
I think Traysia is a strategy game as well.

Dreamcast
Hundred Swords - go buy it, it's arcade RTS and pretty fresh. I wouldn't mind stumbling across a Naomi cart of it.

DeusVult

Another Striker
Genesis
Warsong aka Langrisser
I think Traysia is a strategy game as well.

Dreamcast
Hundred Swords - go buy it, it's arcade RTS and pretty fresh. I wouldn't mind stumbling across a Naomi cart of it.

hundred swords looks good, Japanese only though is it an issue? . saw one called conflict zone on DC also have you played that?

iam also looking for dune2 on the genesis as that is a good one also.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Shining Force II is still one of my all time favorites. Also remember sinking hours into Risk on Genesis.

Dreamcast

First I've heard of it. It looks cool, but why Naomi? Looks like a cabinet would be exactly the worst way to play that game (with console being the second worst).

OP: Get a PC.

DeusVult

Another Striker
a mouse and keyboard are much better for these type of games, but not all are on the pc.

watched a video of tyrants in time on the genesis it looked okay also, that's a few games so far to look for which is good.

bought that hundred swords today so I hope kid panda is right about it although it was only £10

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Try the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Command & Conquer for the Sega Saturn off course! Best RTS on a console ever to me is C&C Red Alert on the PS1 though (controlls are pretty good to and i have no problem doing quick decisions). What about Railroad Tycoon 2 on the Dreamcast and Sim City for the Snes? If these are considered strategy games i would definitely add them to the list.

DeusVult

Another Striker
Command & Conquer for the Sega Saturn off course! Best RTS on a console ever to me is C&C Red Alert on the PS1 though (controlls are pretty good to and i have no problem doing quick decisions). What about Railroad Tycoon 2 on the Dreamcast and Sim City for the Snes? If these are considered strategy games i would definitely add them to the list.

railroad tycoon looked okay on the videos ill keep an eye out for it, I like the ones where you have to gather resources as well.

defender of the crown was okay and I think it made it to the nes but not sure about other platforms.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms looks good what platforms is it available on?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Shining Force II is still one of my all time favorites. Also remember sinking hours into Risk on Genesis.

First I've heard of it. It looks cool, but why Naomi? Looks like a cabinet would be exactly the worst way to play that game (with console being the second worst).

OP: Get a PC.

It was a trimmed down RTS meant for arcades. Evidently you haven't seen the big giant strategy arcade games they have in Japan. It's like a tabletop card game that you lay all of your shit on and then your army is on the screen above. Shit was crazy and was expensive to play, I can only imagine how much the cards were too.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The only strategy game I have for Saturn is Mystaria: Realms of Lore. Not much info on it out there but its basically a knock off of FF Tactics with a cheesy story. I was gonna do a play through one of these days and bought it on a whim just for library variety.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The only strategy game I have for Saturn is Mystaria: Realms of Lore. Not much info on it out there but its basically a knock off of FF Tactics with a cheesy story. I was gonna do a play through one of these days and bought it on a whim just for library variety.

It's either this version or the re-release Blazing Heroes that's worth a little cash. Or it used to be anyway.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
herzog zwei is always fun, pto as well. If you can do the runes, there is barbarossa and the daisenryaku games for ww2 console action.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Is there anything like Front Mission but for genesis?

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
^ Beat me to it.

I really enjoyed the 1st Front Mission game. Never played the rest, but heard good things about 3-5.