Ps Vita: Worth getting yet?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I almost picked up a ps vita yesterday, but the borderlands 2 Edition, and Ys game were sold out. I loved my psp. With the recent release of the new slim version, are there enough good games to keep me busy?

I am interested in FFX remake, and Ys. is it worth getting FFX on Vita? I haven't found much difference researching except that the ps3 looks over saturated, and ps vita one game is download only.

Also, does vita link to ps3 so I can transfer my ps1 games over?

What are the must have exclusive Download games and retail games?

If you are into JRPG's and indie games sure. PS+ is a must have for it though. Got a ton of good shit for free.And yes it does link to your ps3 so you can transfer ps1 games over. Hope I helped a little. :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm in the market for one soon too. Do you think the expensive 64G memory card is worth it?

Only if you can find one on sale. I just ended up getting a 16gb last year off amazon for a little over 20 dollars and it's been fine for me.

Also I would probably just wait til the holidays to pick one up. They had some good deals last year on Amazon like the walking dead bundle for 179 and 2 games for free.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'll wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal. I need a game system when i go to the shitbox.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SO far I think I have a solid list of games I want, so I can see myself getting one soon.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter vs Tekken
Persona 4 Arena
Senran Kagura (Upcoming title)
God of War Col.
Dragon's Crown
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasm
Rayman Origins & Legends
Lumines
Gravity Rush (Heard good things)

So, most of this list is pretty inexpensive titles which is usually how I operate with current consoles.

I like the clicky gamepad, I can't believe the PS4 doesn't feature this, XBOXOne did! Seriously! I don't like the analogue sticks being to close to the other stuff, I guess I'll get used to it after a while. I'm sure there are plenty of awesome DL games as well.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
If you never got CV Dracula X Chronicles on PSP, get it on the store for Vita before they do something stupid like yanking two of the best games ever made.
Dxccover.jpg

Plays so well on the vita I might add. A remake of Rondo, Rondo, and SOTN.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I have been very pleased with my vita exp. It def helps to have PS+ with this system and esp if you have PS3/PS4(It will pay for itself in a month or two) As far as vita games the ones listed above are good. Alot of people slam this system for not having the AAA games but for me having PS3/4 that is not a issue. I would say that i would go for the old model for its OLED screen as holding them side by side the pic quality is def better on the OLED/older model vs the new LCD screen they put in the new one. The blacks are blacker/richer and the colors just pop better on it. The improvements on the newer one(its come with 1gig of onboard memory, a little thinner and a slight battery life improvement dont really warrent getting it instead imo. I usually only use the new one to play adhoc mode with friends. Craigs list usually has the old ones up there at good prices. Ballzdeepx was right on with the getting PSP CV Dracula X Chronicles. This game also has the ps1 version of SOTN which is unlockable or either ready at the start. I saw this game at K-Mart for 10 bucks(along with all the psp games) and might pick up a backup copy/gift of it. Im not sure what the PSN store is charging for it but even if its 20-30 bucks it would be worth it as its plays really good on the psp and would imagine the vita also.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
The Vita is absolutely worth getting. Some ppl have been selling their lightly used OLED models and if you can get it cheap, I recommend it. Save money and get the better screen at the same time.

SO far I think I have a solid list of games I want, so I can see myself getting one soon.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter vs Tekken
Persona 4 Arena
Senran Kagura (Upcoming title)
God of War Col.
Dragon's Crown
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasm
Rayman Origins & Legends
Lumines
Gravity Rush (Heard good things)

Solid list and depending on your game taste I'd add...

Project Diva F & DJ Max Technica (Rhythm games)
Dead or Alive 5+ (If you want a solid fighter on the go)
Muramasa Rebirth
Hot Shots Golf
Deception IV
Akiba Strip
Arcana Hear 3 Love Max
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth

I can keep going but the main point I would add is if you like JRPGs, this is a fantastic system for that.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have chronicles on psp, and sotn also on psn.

Has anyone played online in mvc3 and sf/tekken? I would love to have a good online game while at my girlfriends every weekend and the 3ds just doesn't cut it for online game play.

Also, is connecting to the Internet via a secure connection supported? Once I switched to a dual band secure connection my psp wouldn't connect. I would like to keep my connection secure.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Should be fine to use secure connections, the PSP was lacking on some of the better security methods, the Vita has them available.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
secure connection? just make your SSID unlisted. It's not like a secure connection encrypts your packets.

There's a few reasons to Vita.
-Heavy Anime or JRPG inspired games. bleh
-PSP games
-Indie games. Xbox parity clause fuked them more than i realized. You should be indie gaming on your PC, but the Vita is the next best thing.
- The occasional gem of a Vita game. These are rare beasts.

The strongest one is Indie games if you dont Steam. I'm trying to find Vita stuff, but it's rough.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm in the market for one soon too. Do you think the expensive 64G memory card is worth it?

Yes, I've used about 40G of mine. It's nice to have everything at your finger tips and not forget where you put your other card(s).

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
After looking at the Vita master list there are a lot of interesting looking games for sure. I'm going to have to get one. I'm going to have to get an RPG and a good fighting game with competitive online. I will probably go for Final Fantasy X HD or Y's, but the fighters are a bit overwhelming. BlazBlue, Street Fighter Tekken, MVC3, and DOA all look great.

I am not the biggest JRPG fan these days, but I do find a few that catch my interest. Mainly the ones geared more toward all ages, but not high schoolers. I have played enough games with high school students, and games that appeal to people who like Japanese slap-stick humour, and boobs more detailed than the story and battle system. I would love to see a new Valkyria Chronicles, or another FF Tactics style game.

I think Demon Gaze might be ok (i'm a dungeon crawler sucker), soul sacrifice, and natural doctrine might be OK. But I am kind of reluctant about purchasing those without trying them.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
After looking at the Vita master list there are a lot of interesting looking games for sure. I'm going to have to get one. I'm going to have to get an RPG and a good fighting game with competitive online. I will probably go for Final Fantasy X HD or Y's, but the fighters are a bit overwhelming. BlazBlue, Street Fighter Tekken, MVC3, and DOA all look great.

I am not the biggest JRPG fan these days, but I do find a few that catch my interest. Mainly the ones geared more toward all ages, but not high schoolers. I have played enough games with high school students, and games that appeal to people who like Japanese slap-stick humour, and boobs more detailed than the story and battle system. I would love to see a new Valkyria Chronicles, or another FF Tactics style game.

I think Demon Gaze might be ok (i'm a dungeon crawler sucker), soul sacrifice, and natural doctrine might be OK. But I am kind of reluctant about purchasing those without trying them.

If you have played FFX, you will not even notice anything different in FFX:HD. You can tell if it is side by side, but the polygon count isn't dramatically higher. Keeps the Dubs tho, which is good in a hilarious way.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
If you have played FFX, you will not even notice anything different in FFX:HD. You can tell if it is side by side, but the polygon count isn't dramatically higher. Keeps the Dubs tho, which is good in a hilarious way.

I beat it when it first came out, and remember it being the last main story ff I really liked. But I didn't care for Blitz Ball. I thought the game had a good atmosphere and would like to play it again. It's pretty cheap now so I will probably pick it up. I watched the comparison video, and I agree, not much better looking.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The Vita is absolutely worth getting. Some ppl have been selling their lightly used OLED models and if you can get it cheap, I recommend it. Save money and get the better screen at the same time.

Solid list and depending on your game taste I'd add...

Nice, I would def add these games below to it, tell me more about the Arcana game, is it a retail release or just DL? Also if you wouldn't mind elaborating about the screen, I'm totally new to the Vita, I know nothing.

Muramasa Rebirth
Arcana Hear 3 Love Max

The GF would love this big time.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Nice, I would def add these games below to it, tell me more about the Arcana game, is it a retail release or just DL? Also if you wouldn't mind elaborating about the screen, I'm totally new to the Vita, I know nothing.

Muramasa Rebirth
Arcana Hear 3 Love Max

The GF would love this big time.

After having 3 Vita systems my advice would be to wait. Sony is barely supporting the thing. A few of the fighting games are ok...Most look and play awful compared to their system counterparts. It's really only a must buy now if you're into JRPGs. ..and I know you're not.
If you must have one..I recommend waiting till black Friday when gamestop slashes the price on the used model.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You may also want to check Tearaway, but I think a better version is coming to PS4 if you ever plan to get one eventually. Not sure if it would be an enhanced version or a sequel though.

Most of the other games are ports of existing console games, including Muramasa, Dragon Crown, Guacamelee, 1001 Spikes and Persona 4. La Mulana is also coming to Vita.

PS: You can easily transfer save files of PS1 games between PS3 and Vita.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug

If you're thinking about soul sacrifice, check out toukiden and ragnarok odyssey (ace)... they have similar game play to soul sacrifice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
After having 3 Vita systems my advice would be to wait. Sony is barely supporting the thing. A few of the fighting games are ok...Most look and play awful compared to their system counterparts. It's really only a must buy now if you're into JRPGs. ..and I know you're not.
If you must have one..I recommend waiting till black Friday when gamestop slashes the price on the used model.
Makes sense, thanks for the heads up. I might not even buy it. The main thing is Ninja Gaiden, that's my game and only game that I have ever put more than 100 hours (All NG updates combined) into aside from fighting games.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
that is true. I wouldnt be surprised if they dropped vita support or let it limp into the grave.
This is the last gen of handhelds. Enjoy it for what it is.