GTRetro87's collection

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
Hey all!

I'm new to Neo Geo and I went head first into it and loving it!!!

So far, this is what I've got.. and it will be growing :loco:

So far:

Samurai Shodown
Fatal Fury 1, 2 and Special
Metal Slug
8 Man

Waiting for a few more to come in the mail :multi_co:

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    544.8 KB · Views: 206
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 205
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 203

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I really dig using the Atari 5200 for the casing ! And you can even put your beer in the back compartment!

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
I really dig using the Atari 5200 for the casing ! And you can even put your beer in the back compartment!

hahaha yes!!!!! I'm actually having a hard time deciding what I should put back there, I was thinking a back lit SNK or NEO GEO logo within the cover that's supposed to go there.... But a beer holder might be nice!! Just gotta make sure it doesn't spill lol

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Wow, that case is pretty much perfect for that CMVS. It almost looks like it was made for it. Good job.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
That is a cool idea for sure. Surprised you have 8man in the first batch of games though, I don't know many that like it.
Welcome.

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks GohanX! Once I saw the 5200 I gave it a good long awkward stare... and then it clicked....... MVS lol

ballzdeepx, I know that not many people like 8 man but I don't know.. I kind of enjoy it, as well as the nostalgic aspect of it. I feel like if it were more fast paced and action packed like say metal slug or even Turtles in Time (SNES), then I could see this game being pretty intense. But thank you!!

dondi

Crazed MVS Addict
wtf, i can't believe my eyes. What a fresh idea xD a atari 5200 cmvs! Excellent job bro

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The idea is great, I'm planning on doing the same with an NES shell I have. My only complain would be you seem to have soldered directly to the board jamma slot. I'd have used a jamma connector, but great work nonetheless!!

Regards.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sick set up with the 5200. What gave you the idea to try that? I really dig the originality.

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
The idea is great, I'm planning on doing the same with an NES shell I have. My only complain would be you seem to have soldered directly to the board jamma slot. I'd have used a jamma connector, but great work nonetheless!!

Regards.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Hahaha yes, I was going to build my own harness and probably will soon enough.. But you know when you have that itch, and you think to yourself .. "....maybe if I solder everything to the board..... I could play it in an hour..." And I stuck with that lol.

But thank you though!! (I'll post pics soon with a Jamma connector to make it official ;) )

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
Sick set up with the 5200. What gave you the idea to try that? I really dig the originality.

Thank you! I'm not sure what gave me the idea exactly.. I was hanging out with a couple a buddy of mine at a store he works at (Video Game Trading Post lol) and I just turned and saw the 5200 staring at me. So I stared back at it and though..... CMVS?? Lol and that's about it.

I like how big it is and that give me A LOT of options as far as mounting boards and wiring. My latest addition will probably be different buttons, maybe some carbon fiber wrap in some small areas, maybe a little paint.. Digital volt meter.. A new 8-pin DIN for RGB Scart ..

It's still not done but it's getting there! ... At least my collection of games is growing

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
great job.......heard you know chris and mike from video game trading post. they were just at my house last week and chris showd me this pick b4 i saw it here. looks great i love it

bklyn4ever

New Challenger
Hey all!

I'm new to Neo Geo and I went head first into it and loving it!!!

So far, this is what I've got.. and it will be growing :loco:

So far:

Samurai Shodown
Fatal Fury 1, 2 and Special
Metal Slug
8 Man

Waiting for a few more to come in the mail :multi_co:

View attachment 18590

Hey what's up? It's good to see a fellow New Yorker. What part of LI are you from? Thanks for sharing your collection with us.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
That is, sir, a fine piece of art. Congratulations sir, I wish I could make such a beauty.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
3 new yorkers in one post...........with me being third..........am i smelling meet up?