RIP Richard Kiel a.k.a. "Jaws" from James Bond films and the TZ ep. "To Serve Man" Kanamit

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
A buddy of mine who used to manage one of the Grandy's here in town told me he would be in there at least once a week and he was a really nice guy.

I don't want to de-rail the thread or anything, but I used to love going to Grandy's when I was a kid. Chicken Fried Steak, baby. Mr. Kiel was a man of good taste, obviously.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
I don't want to de-rail the thread or anything, but I used to love going to Grandy's when I was a kid. Chicken Fried Steak, baby. Mr. Kiel was a man of good taste, obviously.

When I was a kid my dad and I used to walk to the local Grandy's and get cinnamon rolls for the family every Sunday morning. Those cinnamon rolls were the best. The eggs too were always runny.

To Serve Man is one of my favorite TZ episodes. Perhaps the only better one is the Purple Testament.

View attachment 18595

Last edited:

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
For some reason I used to get him mixed up with Jack O'halloran.

I miss the days when I could eat Grandy's chicken and some biscuits. Good taste for sure..

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Luckily I got to meet him at the Cincinnati Comic Expo last year. He was such a nice fellow but you could tell he was not in good shape. His hands were more than twice the size of mine! Truly a gentle giant and I will always love his roles as Jaws and in Happy Gilmore.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Met him at a convention and he was one of the nicest guy you could meet

RIP Richard