BEAST BUSTERS Feat. KOF & MONSTER KING for smart phones, free to play

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm very happy to finally see them bringing back some of their old IPs. People may grouse and bitch about it, but their success with the mobile market is doing them a world of good. If it means seeing more of the lesser known IPs, or even new ones, I'm all for them being released on Android and iOS.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm very happy to finally see them bringing back some of their old IPs. People may grouse and bitch about it, but their success with the mobile market is doing them a world of good. If it means seeing more of the lesser known IPs, or even new ones, I'm all for them being released on Android and iOS.

I'm with you there man. You have to make financially viable products; if that means SNKP's games are largely mobile phone based then so be it.

SNKP has a wealth of IP material to draw from to create new games with. They just have to make them attractive & fun to play.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'd definitely try out a new Beast Busters game. I think it could work well for mobile, and the price point is just right (free).

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I didn't even know what beast busters was before I read this article. Why would SNK use such forgotten and obscure IPs?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I didn't even know what beast busters was before I read this article. Why would SNK use such forgotten and obscure IPs?
seriously stfu. forgotten to whom? its semi-rare to even mention KOF and have a modern gamer know what youre talking about. in that perspective of mainstream relativity, beast busters would be a mid tier IP for SNK. the series so to speak had 3 previous titles.
so basically "forgotten and obscure" just means "i have never heard of this"
once again, stfu.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
seriously stfu. forgotten to whom? its semi-rare to even mention KOF and have a modern gamer know what youre talking about. in that perspective of mainstream relativity, beast busters would be a mid tier IP for SNK. the series so to speak had 3 previous titles.
once again, stfu.
also: change your fucking signature.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
once again, stfu.

Mid tier? Bitch please. I wouldn't call this series mid tier at all. Honestly, SNK has a wealth of IPs to pick other than this one.
Beast buster IS forgotten and obscure, when was the last time you've heard any gamer today talk about this series(not counting NG.com) ?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Mid tier? Bitch please. I wouldn't call this series mid tier at all. Honestly, SNK has a wealth of IPs to pick other than this one.
Beast buster IS forgotten and obscure, when was the last time you've heard any gamer today talk about this series(not counting NG.com) ?

What's your point? Modern gamers who aren't Neo Geo fans don't talk about any SNK IPs.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

When was the last time SNK made a new game that was any good? Yet here you are every day bitching that they don't do enough for the KoF anniversary or why they need a Last Blade 3 or some other lame idea.

Spoiler:
Change your fucking signature

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member

Just because YOU haven't heard of it before now (n00b), doesn't mean others can't be excited about it.

Seriously, who the fuck are YOU to be flexing your little baby nuts around these forums?

Know your role and STFU, bitch, before "Beff and the Boys" post more beastiality on your profile.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Just because YOU haven't heard of it before now (n00b), doesn't mean others can't be excited about it.

I'm very well aware of that. But my main question was not if I should get excited about this or not. I respect anybody who's excited about this. I'm just very sceptical of why SNK would make a new beast busters right out of the blue. Anyways, besides that, ima gonna stop arguing about this, don't want more shit on my profile...

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I'm very well aware of that. But my main question was not if I should get excited about this or not. I respect anybody who's excited about this. I'm just very sceptical of why SNK would make a new beast busters right out of the blue. Anyways, besides that, ima gonna stop arguing about this, don't want more shit on my profile...

Bitch got GOT. :keke:

Fygee

20 Year Member

The mobile developer group probably dug through some old IPs, either noticed or remembered Beast Busters, and put two and two together that it would make a great mobile game being a static first person shooter.

Its not going to sell because of the IP, except for older Japanese gamers and the more hardcore Neo fans elsewhere. It'll sell because it'll be a fun mobile game. (Hopefully)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I don't get why SNK is so hesitant to release their most demanded titles.

This is a good start but they need to bring these to PS3.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I'm curious what the KOFs will look like and how they'll play. Bringing back NGPC goodness is always something to get excited about :)

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I had never heard about this Beast Busters before.

btw, is Monster King related to King of Monsters ? I hope so

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Personally, I can't wait. Be nice to see something other than KOF for a change. I'm liking the new directions SNKP are going to be honest.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper

It's cool not to know everything about SNKP and people are allowed to have their own views. I suggest reading these articles about SNKP so you can have a better idea about the company's history and products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK_Playmore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
What's kind of messed up is that a lot of younger game fans will see Beast Busters Feat. KOF and think it's a poor man's Resident Evil/Biohazard or House of the Dead when really, Busters came out long before those series.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
We'll be getting Metal Slug 3 on the PSN soon.. so hopefully this will restart the trend of more Neo-Geo games on the PSN. I'm thinking Sony's fees kept SNKP from getting enough of a profit in the past with the PSN.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I had never heard about this Beast Busters before.

Haha, I'd forgotten how incredibly violent and gory that game was. There was one on the HNG64 if I remember correctly as well, though I've never laid eyes on it.

The only direction Playmore is going is downward.

Having a lot of success with mostly good mobile games is great thing. They're making money, they're hiring more people, and they're making more games.

If it translates into some higher budget console games, then all the better. If not, then at least we're getting some fun and simple games from them.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There's also one for the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
It looks cool
I wasn't aware of this version

OT: These NGPC games should be get a digital release for the 3DS eShop...