Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Video of SNK USA in 1995

NeoGumby's Sycophant

lol they are holding a videogames show in Dubai and I found this in their facebook page:

Games14.jpg

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    lol they are holding a videogames show in Dubai and I found this in their facebook page:
    why is this in here? what were you thinking?

NeoGumby's Sycophant

Didn't want to make a new thread just to post this pic. Calm your tits.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

my tits are calm now. thanks.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Superb video, thanks for posting. In 1995 I didn't think I'd ever own an neo geo (now we are playing their games on mobile phones). Looked like a great place to work with some lovely people.

Rugal's Thug

Amazing video. The way they get on reminds me of working for Virgin Megastore in the 90s.
    I suck at competitive one-on-one beat-em-ups....Fancy a game of Puzzle Bobble?

Ukyo's Doctor

What a great vid... thansk for posting.

And I have to echo the sentiments about Tony... it was great having him on the forum and being able to chat with him about the good old days. He will always be greatly missed...

Stuff for Sale
    MVS Artwork

Help me find some mini Marquees...
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?254802

King's Dry Cleaner

Great stuff. Many thanks for posting this!
    Taking the chance to drive to the office of your favorite game company, being given a tour of the place and meeting the employees is just the coolest thing. Unimaginable at mainstream companies like Nintendo or Sony in 1995, let alone today.
    Love that Mercedes S600 with the Neo Geo 1 license plate.

Man, I would've sold my soul back then to work at a place like that...
    Neo Geo AES systems: serial #139337, #153895, #137020, #066529
    Neo Geo CD systems: serial #013511, #0007132, #0022288
    Neo Geo CDZ system: serial #0009831
    Neo Geo Pocket Color Hanshin Tigers Editions: serial #0688041, #0686093

Ralf's Drinking Buddy

Talk about a time machine,great video man..That's rare to see a japanese developer letting any one have a tour etc.I remember when i first got to play KOF95 at a arcade righter after it's release.Which really made me take notice that snk was the real deal when it came to fighters.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Excellent video. It really does show how SNK as a company worked back then and how they valued their fans. Thanks for sharing.

JammaNationX

So weird seeing a video of the place after you see Tony's pics of the place. As soon as the video started it's almost as if I knew where everything was.

Unholy Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    So weird seeing a video of the place after you see Tony's pics of the place. As soon as the video started it's almost as if I knew where everything was.
    +1

The Unholy Trinity

Loyal Neo-Disciple

I saw this video a few weeks back and man, seeing all those cabs would be like walking into a gamers disneyland

thank you for sharing! such an awesome vintage clip forsure

Lazy SNK Employee

Awesome video, I actually got my car washed today and there was a king of fighters 95. I had to drop a dollar worth of quarters in.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Amazingˇˇˇ, excellent document, one part of the history of SNK.

a great contribution, thanks for sharingˇˇˇ

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.

I actually stopped by in late 1993 or so just to see what was there..... the folks were real nice, and sent me away with catalogs, sell sheets and a bunch of stickers. I was working in the area, and just stopped in. Totally cool. If only mobiles with cameras existed back then......

By the way, they gave me a copy of their magazine Neo World Times.... has anyone ever seen one of these? I think it was like issue #3 or something.... featured World Heroes 2 and was talking about upcoming Fatal Fury Special.... wish I still had it.

Do I exist?

i know the guys on the video personally. They're swiss guys too and neogeo enthusiasts from the very beginning. Good old times!
    UKYO 2001- Forever shall the wolf in me, desire the sheep in you...

Currently WTB:
    - 1x NG AES SYSTEM, boxed, NTSC-J
    - 1x CMVS System
    - 1x NGX SYSTEM, boxed, + 2nd Controller
    - MVS Games with Shockbox (offers welcome)

Neo Bubble Buster

Hi everyone!! Man, it feels so good to read all your positive comments.... seems it was a good idea to transfer those old vhs-tapes to digital after all!!
    I just don't know why I didn't think of posting it here myself, stupid me!!! LOL

It was really something special to visit those guys, something that I will always remember and cherish for the rest of my life! Words can't describe the feeling!

You know I was the creator/owner of the NEOGEO Fan Club of Switzerland back in the day. We even had our very own Fan-Magazine (came out 4-times a year)... we were like the biggest SNK fans in the world (at least it felt like that hahaha!). I had contact with Heh-Kyu all the time, concerning news, merchandise and sometimes I even ordered a bunch of carts. I would sell them here in Switzerland to other fans.

So meeting those people responsible was indeed something truly special. Now that I am 43 years old I realise, just how lucky I was...

At one point in my life, I owned every cartridge there was! Man I was sooo broke LOL!

It was around 2002 when I sold everything to one single buyer, because I got married and needed money.

I'm still a gamer today, mostly playing on PS4/Xbox one these days... and I am the humble owner of one of the biggest gaming-sites here in Switzerland. Check www.thegnet.ch

I still do play SNK games whenever I can (or Arcade games for that matter). I made my very own MAME-Arcade Cab which stands in my gaming-room next to the new consoles.

Well, I don't know what more to write. Anyways, thanks for your comments! I had literally tears in my eyes reading them. Thank you guys! And keep the SNK spirit alive!

Cheers and lots of greetings from Switzerland!

Sascha

PS: I had to zoom on that ass, I was secretly in love with that girl! hahaha
    Last edited by Master(G); 10-09-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    • www.neogeo.ch
    • www.thegnet.ch

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Master(G) View Post
    Hi everyone!! Man, it feels so good to read all your positive comments.... seems it was a good idea to transfer those old vhs-tapes to digital after all!!
    I just don't know why I didn't think of posting it here myself, stupid me!!! LOL

It was really something special to visit those guys, something that I will always remember and cherish for the rest of my life! Words can't describe the feeling!

You know I was the creator/owner of the NEOGEO Fan Club of Switzerland back in the day. We even had our very own Fan-Magazine (came out 4-times a year)... we were like the biggest SNK fans in the world (at least it felt like that hahaha!). I had contact with Heh-Kyu all the time, concerning news, merchandise and sometimes I even ordered a bunch of carts. I would sell them here in Switzerland to other fans.

So meeting those people responsible was indeed something truly special. Now that I am 43 years old I realise, just how lucky I was...

At one point in my life, I owned every cartridge there was! Man I was sooo broke LOL!

It was around 2002 when I sold everything to one single buyer, because I got married and needed money.

I'm still a gamer today, mostly playing on PS4/Xbox one these days... and I am the humble owner of one of the biggest gaming-sites here in Switzerland. Check www.thegnet.ch

I still do play SNK games whenever I can (or Arcade games for that matter). I made my very own MAME-Arcade Cab which stands in my gaming-room next to the new consoles.

Well, I don't know what more to write. Anyways, thanks for your comments! I had literally tears in my eyes reading them. Thank you guys! And keep the SNK spirit alive!

Sascha

Seeing that video was an incredible treat. Thanks for posting it.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Great video really enjoyed that thanks for sharing.Ass close up in the 90s=Cool
    Last edited by giggsy07; 10-09-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    Eire..

Do I exist?

I'm peeing mypants when i see this. And so jealous too. I was actually 12 years old at this time i think it was the year i finally saw samurai shodown in the arcades for the first time
    UKYO 2001- Forever shall the wolf in me, desire the sheep in you...

Currently WTB:
    - 1x NG AES SYSTEM, boxed, NTSC-J
    - 1x CMVS System
    - 1x NGX SYSTEM, boxed, + 2nd Controller
    - MVS Games with Shockbox (offers welcome)

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,
    I AM A HUMAN BEING!

Watching this video made me want to cry. This was a wonderful era that is long gone. Thanks for sharing.
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS
    Thank you SNK-P for bringing KOF back to the its roots and away from that weaboo sissy shit.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

awesome vid! greatest thing I've seen in forever! like spinmaster said "This was a wonderful era that is long gone" :'(

Ace Ghost Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Master(G) View Post

Sascha

Great enthousiasm, it really comes through your posts. Your dedication is what we need in the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by MKL View Post
    The doll fucker is a case in point: can you imagine someone like that in Italy? I find it easier to imagine a gay unicorn doing cartwheels in my living room.

New Challenger

Awesome video and congrats Master(G), you lived a great experience at SNK offices.

Thread Information