It's Thinking! - 15 years of Sega Dreamcast 9/9/14

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Jet Set Raaaadio!

I think this was the last console launch I was truly excited about. The one I saved pennies and dimes to afford.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Hooked mine up for some crazy taxi goodness. Ya ya ya ya ya!

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Still a great system even to this day, it's just a shame it had such a short run commercially.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
This is still the system for our generation of gamer, IMO.

It has the best fighters, the best arcade ports, the best sports games of their time (except baseball, they never quite got that right), best party game (Worms Armaggedon).

Never had the Dreamcast unhooked in my house, its that good.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
This is the console that got me into shooters...I never got good at shooters, but the Dreamcast gave us Mars Matrix...soooo...enough said. And Seaman...can't forget Seaman...

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
This makes me sad that mine isn't here right now :(

Ah well, just means I'll have to celebrate with it twice as hard next month once it IS here!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
To 15 years of having one of the greatest consoles of all time.

I really I have to find a good 4:3 monitor to get in some DC goodness ASAP. Don't want to hook it up to a widescreen monitor and i'm through with composite.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Ahh, Dreamcast. Besides the PS2, it's one of my favorite 6th gen systems out there. Kinda sad to see it last only a few years in the market.

I'll have to pick up a VGA cable for it eventually.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
PS2 was always better. Sorry, rose-tinted glasses wearing nerds.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's the last console where we had a launch party, that's for sure.
Sat in my friends garage for a week playing the launch titles.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The Dreamcast had one of the best launch lineups ever IMHO. So many good games on day one. Too bad the fun didn't last longer. :(

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
PS2 was always better. Sorry, rose-tinted glasses wearing nerds.

Might have ended up with a bigger game library, but IMO the DC was a better off-the-shelf system. 480P support for basically everything with a few exceptions, where the PS2 was 480I with few exceptions.

I like both PS2 and DC for different reasons, but the DC I've liked since it was launched. PS2 had to grow on me, and I had to get a lot of import fighters/shmups to even enjoy playing anything on it.

Last edited:

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
Dreamcast, was the one I was so waiting for. Still have it today to remember me some good time With POWER STONE !

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Might have ended up with a bigger game library, but IMO the DC was a better off-the-shelf system. 480P support for basically everything with a few exceptions, where the PS2 was 480I with few exceptions.

Maybe but who gave a shit about that back in 2000?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Still a great system even to this day, it's just a shame it had such a short run commercially.

It had a hell of a library for how short it was on the market.

This is still the system for our generation of gamer, IMO.

It has the best fighters, the best arcade ports, the best sports games of their time (except baseball, they never quite got that right), best party game (Worms Armaggedon).

Never had the Dreamcast unhooked in my house, its that good.

Well said. I remember it came out my last year of college, and my friends and I cracked out on Zombie Revenge, Dynamite Cop, SFA3, House of the Dead 2 (even with shitty guns), and ESPECIALLY KoF 98.

Did anybody ever connect it to the NGPC? I can't remember what it did, but I know you hooked it up with the KoFs together.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The only system I've ever pre-ordered, made a line for and spent quite a bit on during launch. I remember keep going back to the store (Babbages) to pick up peripherals and more games, never been so crazy about a system, period. That agetec stick changed my life, the VGA box changed my life, the arcade ports changed my life even further than the Saturn, and the bootlegging changed my life too, I mean this system is dear to me for so many reasons, I love my DC (all 3), it's the only system besides my x360 and PS3 that's hooked in the living room TV via VGA, not even the wii made the cut.

DC 4LF, not the best system for me but definitely a very dear to my heart system, it was nice being there at the inception, same time NGPC was happening too, so everything was just awesome during those days.

My first run unto this forums was lurking via DC 56k...good times...

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The only system I've ever pre-ordered, made a line for and spent quite a bit on during launch. I remember keep going back to the store (Babbages) to pick up peripherals and more games, never been so crazy about a system, period. That agetec stick changed my life, the VGA box changed my life, the arcade ports changed my life even further than the Saturn, and the bootlegging changed my life too, I mean this system is dear to me for so many reasons, I love my DC (all 3), it's the only system besides my x360 and PS3 that's hooked in the living room TV via VGA, not even the wii made the cut.

DC 4LF, not the best system for me but definitely a very dear to my heart system, it was nice being there at the inception, same time NGPC was happening too, so everything was just awesome during those days.

My first run unto this forums was lurking via DC 56k...good times...

I was probably buying games every week for that system. Who could forget PSO on 56k. I played that shit for over 100+ hours.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The Dreamcast was the first Sega system I was really excited about. Street Fighter Alpha 3, Virtua Fighter 3TB and Power Stone were awesome. The Neo Geo ports were solid as well.

Hmmm….I'll have to go grab the Marvel vs Capcom games now before the price goes higher….

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
only system ive ever bought more then one game at launch with. Spent well over a g that day...damn what a great system it was.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Project Justice was the shit for DC. Hard to find. I could enjoy it even though I don't play fighting games anymore.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
TechRomancer, godzilla VMU, & penpen, motherfuckers! So much to love.

Sad that the LANable coded Sega Rally that I played @ E3 '99, never came to the home rev.

Last edited: