Greetings from Baltimore

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello all!

I've been playing video games for a long time, and have always been interested in owning a Neo-Geo system since I first saw them for sale in the local game store. Big time fan of classic games, owning a few classics like a Saturn, TG-16 w/CD attachment, a Neo-Geo Pocket Color, and now finally a Neo-Geo NGH system. Having some repairs and upgrades done to it to play on a HDTV, so I can't wait for it to return.

Also, I wanted to say thank you to all on this forum as I've been able to learn so much about what to look for and avoid, as well as what to get game wise for the system and upcoming home developed games that look awesome.

Thank you again!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hi.

So Baltimore, is it anything like you see on The Wire?
Spoiler:
:keke: I kid of course.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It's funny you should mention that...

In a previous job, I had sold furniture to the team there when they were shooting the show here. Even funnier, where they had their set for many of the indoor scenes, it is not too far from where I live.

Oddly enough, where they shoot some of the indoor scenes for House of Cards, it is in the exact same place. I wonder if some of the same people are there that I dealt with before are employed again?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
theres a few of us not too far from you in richmond VA. welcome!

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
GohanX - LOL

max 330 mega - That's good news to hear. I don't work too far from you either. I travel to Fredericksburg, VA at least once a week. It's a long haul, but hey, it's a living.

And thanks all for the welcome!

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks a lot kahel! Just wondering though....are you a CFL Fan? I love catching a game, especially when the Alouettes are playing.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks a lot kahel! Just wondering though....are you a CFL Fan? I love catching a game, especially when the Alouettes are playing.

No , i don't watch much Football and if i do it more of the university level . I am a canadian stereotype and watch more Hockey lol .

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I'm down in Bowie but was just up at Camden Yards a couple of weeks ago, beautiful park.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
kahel - It's all good. I love me some hockey as well! Got to ask, who's your team?

Zapperkhan - Camden Yards is a beautiful ball park indeed. I love Nationals Park as well. Both have charm, but there is definitely some character to Camden Yards. I don't cover Bowie anymore, but had wanted to catch a Baysox game there.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Cool! I go for my home team .. Montreal Canadian ! But i did follow all the match of the LA king last playoffs, really liked that team also . What is your team?

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My interest in hockey came from a business trip I had when I visited Ottawa about 12 years ago. So, I am a Senators fan. Very weird I know living in Baltimore and being so close to the Washington Capitals. I root for the Alouettes because of the fact that they were the Baltimore Stallions way back in the early 90's when the original Montreal team had been missing from the league. We won the Grey Cup, and the next year, they moved to Montreal. One day, I will get a chance to visit and catch a home game.

The playoffs were good this year, but I lost interest in them when Chicago lost. My dad was from Illinois, and he got into hockey when I took him to a game in DC (when Ottawa was in town). He became a Caps fan and rooted for the Blackhawks since they were from his home state.

I don't get to travel much now with the company I work for, but I still like taking on extra work to get bonus days off to travel and catch my favorite teams. And, although I know that we could be considered rivals, I like the Canadians as well. Especially when they beat the Leafs and Capitals. Especially the Capitals. How can you win the division and the President's trophy and lose to the eighth seed. What the Canadians did that year was awesome!

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I like the sens too , it always a great ambiance when Montreal is playing Ottawa! It really a good rivalry. Let me know if you want to come see the CFL in montreal , maybe we could grab a beer and i'll let you know where everything is situated lol.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I may take you up on that offer next year. The season isn't over with yet, but I doubt that I can make it up there anytime soon. Thanks a bunch!

bklyn4ever

New Challenger
It's funny you should mention that...

In a previous job, I had sold furniture to the team there when they were shooting the show here. Even funnier, where they had their set for many of the indoor scenes, it is not too far from where I live.

Oddly enough, where they shoot some of the indoor scenes for House of Cards, it is in the exact same place. I wonder if some of the same people are there that I dealt with before are employed again?

The Wire was one of my favorite shows. Welcome bro!

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thank you for the welcome. I think I caught a few episodes of The Wire. It was good stuff. Never subscribed to HBO when it was on, but caught it over a friends place every now and then.