Resident Evil : Revelations 2 Trailer

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Yeah I'll just wait for the physical disc to release before picking it up. It also gives me time to hear the reviews on the game beforehand instead of diving in myself.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
This game is making me want to replay Revelations. The only RE I didn't immediately replay. I didn't even mess with the raid mode.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Just like with the Walking Dead game and BttF, etc., I'll just pretend it doesn't exist until the retail release. It's not as though next year is looking barren for good games in the interim.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I like that this appears to be more horror themed and less about pushing the action like the last few entries in the series.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Any word on Alyson Court's involvement? It won't be a deal breaker for me, but I really don't want to hear anyone else voicing her. They've made a lot of good voice actor changes over the years with this series, but Court has been great from the beginning bad script and all.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Pretty pumped for that

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
He's only ever been playable in two games to my knowledge:

Resident Evil Gaiden (Gameboy Color)-Non canonical entry, playable characters are Leon and Barry, taking place on a boat. The storyline isn't too awful but the gameplay, item management, exploration and music are pedestrian at best and insulting at worst. It's really an awful game.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition The Mercenaries Reunion (multiple platforms)-Came with Resident Evil 5 Gold or as pay DLC a number of years ago. RE 5 Mercenaries is still a shitload of fun all these years later but really it's just fan service and not anything new.

Other than that, I can't recall Barry ever being playable but I may be forgetting something. Don't think so, though.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
He's only ever been playable in two games to my knowledge:

Resident Evil Gaiden (Gameboy Color)-Non canonical entry, playable characters are Leon and Barry, taking place on a boat. The storyline isn't too awful but the gameplay, item management, exploration and music are pedestrian at best and insulting at worst. It's really an awful game.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition The Mercenaries Reunion (multiple platforms)-Came with Resident Evil 5 Gold or as pay DLC a number of years ago. RE 5 Mercenaries is still a shitload of fun all these years later but really it's just fan service and not anything new.

Other than that, I can't recall Barry ever being playable but I may be forgetting something. Don't think so, though.
I never mess with RE5 gold mercenaries mode for berry.I all ways just wanted berry to be playable in the game main story for a change.Chris,Jill,Leon have been in enough RE's at this point all ready.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I never mess with RE5 gold mercenaries mode for berry.I all ways just wanted berry to be playable in the game main story for a change.Chris,Jill,Leon have been in enough RE's at this point all ready.

Eh? You really should play mercenaries...it is the best part of RE5.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
1895216-tumblr_ln3tyzphpt1qle3dmo1_400.jpg

Isn't he like, 60 by now? When do the games even take place?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Looks like the Vita is getting a copy of this game as well.

So that just leaves the first system to carry a game in the series and the system with the best port without a copy of the game.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Looks like the Vita is getting a copy of this game as well.

So that just leaves the first system to carry a game in the series and the system with the best port without a copy of the game.

While I agree that no 3ds or Wii U version sucks, but the fact that it will be on Vita gives me a glimmer of hope that we may get a sequel to the mercenaries game on Vita...though I know it's unlikely.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Opening cinema:

Starts with a silly (even for Resident Evil) advertisement for Terra Save at the beginning ("Because Terr doesn't have to end with orist"...), it sets up an interesting premise and both Claire and Moira look to be compelling characters.

I like the new voice actress for Claire a lot, but it still should have been Alyson Court. Period.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Ah man they replaced Alyson Court? Why would they do that?

Her voice is as much to Claire as Reuben Langdon is to Dante.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
So this still isn't coming to the Wii U? WTF capcom

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Ah man they replaced Alyson Court? Why would they do that?

Her voice is as much to Claire as Reuben Langdon is to Dante.

What I've heard is that because the character is a lot older now, they wanted an older and more mature sound for the character. Since Alyson's voice was associated with a young female and now Moira is filling that slot, they wanted Claire to sound more mature by comparison.

I still don't care, though. Alyson Court's Claire was perfect and even though the new girl sounds fine, I really am disappointed in Capcom for not using her. I'll still play the game, however.

Pope:

Perhaps the episodic nature of the game wasn't conducive to Nintendo for some reason, or maybe the sales numbers didn't justify it.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
That sucks because isn't Alyson Court over 40? She's probably around 10 years older then Claire is supposed to be in this game. Seems like her voice would have been fine.

Ah well