Resident Evil : Revelations 2 Trailer

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
pretty excited about this

release is March 2015 on all consoles (except WiiU)

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
If RE5 & RE6 have taught us anything, it's to not get excited about an RE game until you see the final results.

RE Reveliations is great on the WiiU, but the 3rd party Nintendo bash continues there it seems.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
good points and yeah its a little surprising the U was overlooked especially considering the 360/PS3 versions

Revelations was a breath of fresh air in the franchise. I do admit to having high expectations for this release.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I never would have guessed we'd get a sequel to this game. Really happy to see it. Revelations was, in my opinion, the best RE game to come out since 4.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wonder if this will be the return to RE roots game Cashcom has been promising. I refrain from any hope until I play it. But hey Evil Within is coming out soon. and that boys and girls I am excited for.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Revelations was pretty fun but Capcom has shown that they don't like Resident Evil anymore so I worry about this one.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
the story wasn't exactly all that great in revelations, but the creature design was decent and i at least liked the controls more then any other re

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I loved the environment and pacing of RE:Revelations and wish that continues to the sequel. Also bummed about the lack of Wii U support as the scanner would have been awesome if enhanced for motion and more detailed like having data entries a la Metroid Prime.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Good news, but kinda disappointed there is no Wii U release...or handheld either.

Oh well. Capcom, give us a sequel to RE Mercenaries on Vita and all will be forgiven.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Good news, but kinda disappointed there is no Wii U release...or handheld either.

Oh well. Capcom, give us a sequel to RE Mercenaries on Vita and all will be forgiven.

Much as I did enjoy it as a standalone release, it's also been an end-game add-on in many of the games. Better it stay that way then getting charged full game price for something using all the assets of the series just slightly rearranged.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Much as I did enjoy it as a standalone release, it's also been an end-game add-on in many of the games. Better it stay that way then getting charged full game price for something using all the assets of the series just slightly rearranged.

Good point. I think I have a soft spot for RE Mercs 3D because there was a time in the early life of the 3DS where that was pretty much all I was playing...which kinda made me look past whether the content was really worth $40 at the time :)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Cool looking teaser, like a page out of Deep Silver's book. I enjoyed the first one (pacing, character design, environments...but story was kind of a mess), in fact certain aspects of it felt more like the original RE, including genuinely tense moments. To that end, I'm pretty excited to get the e-capcom Biohazard HD Remaster coming out in November. I recently felt like playing the remake on GC again, and then found out about the Remaster in 1080P with re-tooled assets. Anyway, there's some good looking RE games on the horizon!

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
No 3ds or Wii U? Guess Capcom is allergic to money.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Revelations was excellent from start to finish.

I hope the sequel continues on a similar path.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Revelations was pretty good for what it was but I still liked RE5 and RE6 WAY more.

Hopefully Revelations 2 plays more like RE6.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
the story wasn't exactly all that great in revelations, but the creature design was decent and i at least liked the controls more then any other re

Resident Evil.

Story.

Come on, dude.

Also, I don't want Revelations 2 to play like 6. It was the perfect evolution of the 4 engine, and was all the series ever needed,.

I'll be happy to play Resident Evil 7 with an enhanced 6 engine, but let Revelations continue to utilize the engine it already has.

Another thing: I think this is a return to Survival Horror for the series.

Releasing an enhanced port of REmake on major platforms, and now this game being a sequel to a Survivor Horror game rather than a pure action title indicate to me that Capcom is content to let Dead Rising be their action zombie franchise.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm hoping they go back to Survival Horror. Revelations was good but not great. It had a lot of room for improvement. I felt all the B.O.W.s were to similar. I want that old RE2 era feel. Not necessarily that game play but that atmosphere. And please god no more quickly cobbled together way too easy puzzles.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Actually looking forward to this... albeit tentatively. I still feel robbed of trust with Capcom following RE6, I'm afraid.

I liked Revelations, it was good, but not great. I'd put it on a par with RE5, and obviously streets head of RE6. I've always said RE5 could have been an awesome game if it had not been for the enforced co-op play/Shevas piss poor AI.

I sincerely hope Capcom decide to abandon main game Co-op for RE:R2... Tank controls and one player goodness ftw!!! :D

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm pretty hyped for this, although I wish they'd release it on 3ds as that how I played the first one.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Resident Evil.

Story.

Come on, dude.

I thought the story for the first few games was interesting, especially when going through the Wesker report/files. The lore that was created for the series was dark, mysterious, and - at least for me - had me wanting to find out what was going on beyond just surviving. So, ya, the story is a pretty big motivator on whether or not more RE games are worth playing.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The stories are terrible.

And I say this as, probably, the biggest RE fan at this site.

I love zombie stories, but this one just isn't that well told.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
RE1 and RE2 stories were good as they were in their games IMO (especially for their time), but all references and revisiting in later games that tried to elaborate more on the events were terrible (again, IMO).

One thing I miss in the new games is the lack of elaboration on the backgrounds. In the first 2 or 3 games, you could press the action button on almost anything and read a description of the scene from the character's point of view. Revelations did a decent job in that regard.

I also once read someone replying to an RE6 article saying "less monsters in screen, make each encounter memorable". I agree with that.

PS: One of the games that carried the tradition of detailed backgrounds and implemented it heavily was Parasite Eve 2.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
No 3ds or Wii U? Guess Capcom is allergic to money.

Seriously. Also,

I think I have a soft spot for RE Mercs 3D because there was a time in the early life of the 3DS where that was pretty much all I was playing...which kinda made me look past whether the content was really worth $40 at the time :)

That game is a ton of fun. So long as you understand you're buying "Minigame: The Game" you're golden. Also, I'm pretty sure it's on sale (Along with Revelations) for 8 bucks right now on the eShop, for those who don't have em.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
If RE5 & RE6 have taught us anything, it's to not get excited about an RE game until you see the final results.

is re5 considered a bad game? i liked it but not Re6.
Also did not like re4 so i now im off the reservation in RE.