awbacon's collection - some of it

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Figured I'd finally post part of my collection, as just this week I finally completed my King of Fighters AES full set. Not the largest collection on here, but I am working on that. I've been collecting for about the last five years here and there. Sometimes I go a year without adding a game, other times I'll pick up 2-3 in a month. Just depends on my mood (collect for a ton of systems, so I spread the love out, and I'm not rich so...yeah)

King of Fighters set is all JPN except for 2002, which is US. From there (I'm sure 99% of everyone will know) but it's Fatal Fury Special / Sam Spirits 2 / Art of Fighting 2 / Blue's Journey / Alpha Mission II / The Last Blade / SvC Chaos / Garou MOTW / and Matrimelee (my favorite of the bunch...not for playability, but for soundtrack and art style. Just always loved it)

and no, none of it is for sale ;)

-1.jpg-2.jpg-4.jpg-5.jpg-6.jpg

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Very nice collection, however I find it interesting that you say you are not rich, yet collect for the most expensive system on Earth (probably), the AES.

Best regards.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Very nice collection, however I find it interesting that you say you are not rich, yet collect for the most expensive system on Earth (probably), the AES.

Best regards.

haha those are all over five years. And I am not rich...but I am not poor either. Gaming is my only expensive hobby really. Otherwise traveling with my wife

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Best regards.

You should try buying CIB snes games nowadays, makes AES look like buying Mega Drive games.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You should try buying CIB snes games nowadays, makes AES look like buying Mega Drive games.

Yeah CIB SNES is rediculous lately. I collect some CIB Super Famicom, but it's exclusively loose carts for US region stuff for me. Finding 15 year old cardboard in nice condition is almost impossible without dropping hundreds of dollars...Japanese stuff is just always better maintained than US stuff...no idea why, but it just seems that way. Japanese must care for their stuff better than we Americans do

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Minimalist? I love the table that you are displaying your games on. Looks like a quality table and a minimalist's dream. Oh, and nice collection of games as well :-)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Minimalist? I love the table that you are displaying your games on. Looks like a quality table and a minimalist's dream. Oh, and nice collection of games as well :-)

Ikea 12 person wood table. We like big dinners

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

You are right Kid Panda, CIB games for SNES are also very expensive, but I don't remember many (if any) examples of SNES games going over $1000, however the AES has many examples of that. Most expensive SNES games I remember are Hagane, Megaman 7, Castlevania Dracula X, Earthbound and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, none of which go for $1000 or more AFAIK. However, if you take into consideration that the size of the SNES library is about 5 times the library of the Neo, then it may be possible that the SNES is more expensive for a full set.

Regards.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
You are right Kid Panda, CIB games for SNES are also very expensive, but I don't remember many (if any) examples of SNES games going over $1000, however the AES has many examples of that. Most expensive SNES games I remember are Hagane, Megaman 7, Castlevania Dracula X, Earthbound and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, none of which go for $1000 or more AFAIK. However, if you take into consideration that the size of the SNES library is about 5 times the library of the Neo, then it may be possible that the SNES is more expensive for a full set.

Regards.

There are a lot of unknown and valuable set for SNES:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/141381110025...sid=p3984.m1423.l2649&clk_rvr_id=688838829971

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
oh and I should thank mjmjr25 and chchan for helping me locate the last two KOF games I needed to complete my full KOF set. Both are good dudes

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Very nice collection. Not a Riding Hero in sight. ;)

Shut up!! *quagmire's voice*

Riding Hero rocks with a memory card.
Loved to beat that game.

Circuit mode sucks tho.

Great games bacon ;) I dig those kofs.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
nice collection! good to see you have the kof series on aes. still missing the obvious kof 2003 aes.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Awesome stuff - I too like your pics, presentation is everything.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Awesome stuff - I too like your pics, presentation is everything.

I'm going to redo them with my actual cameras, not cell phone. Bored...gonna do some neo geo glamour shots haha