Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: awbacon's collection - some of it

  1. #1
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441

    awbacon's collection - some of it

    Figured I'd finally post part of my collection, as just this week I finally completed my King of Fighters AES full set. Not the largest collection on here, but I am working on that. I've been collecting for about the last five years here and there. Sometimes I go a year without adding a game, other times I'll pick up 2-3 in a month. Just depends on my mood (collect for a ton of systems, so I spread the love out, and I'm not rich so...yeah)

    King of Fighters set is all JPN except for 2002, which is US. From there (I'm sure 99% of everyone will know) but it's Fatal Fury Special / Sam Spirits 2 / Art of Fighting 2 / Blue's Journey / Alpha Mission II / The Last Blade / SvC Chaos / Garou MOTW / and Matrimelee (my favorite of the bunch...not for playability, but for soundtrack and art style. Just always loved it)

    and no, none of it is for sale

    -1.jpg-2.jpg-4.jpg-5.jpg-6.jpg
    Last edited by awbacon; 08-31-2014 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #2
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,404
    Very nice collection, however I find it interesting that you say you are not rich, yet collect for the most expensive system on Earth (probably), the AES.

    Best regards.

  3. #3
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Very nice collection, however I find it interesting that you say you are not rich, yet collect for the most expensive system on Earth (probably), the AES.

    Best regards.
    haha those are all over five years. And I am not rich...but I am not poor either. Gaming is my only expensive hobby really. Otherwise traveling with my wife

  4. #4
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441
    double post edit

  5. #5
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    11,056
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Very nice collection, however I find it interesting that you say you are not rich, yet collect for the most expensive system on Earth (probably), the AES.

    Best regards.
    You should try buying CIB snes games nowadays, makes AES look like buying Mega Drive games.

  6. #6
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    You should try buying CIB snes games nowadays, makes AES look like buying Mega Drive games.
    Yeah CIB SNES is rediculous lately. I collect some CIB Super Famicom, but it's exclusively loose carts for US region stuff for me. Finding 15 year old cardboard in nice condition is almost impossible without dropping hundreds of dollars...Japanese stuff is just always better maintained than US stuff...no idea why, but it just seems that way. Japanese must care for their stuff better than we Americans do

  7. #7
    Crazed MVS Addict
    p413j316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada/US

    Posts
    141
    Minimalist? I love the table that you are displaying your games on. Looks like a quality table and a minimalist's dream. Oh, and nice collection of games as well :-)

  8. #8
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by p413j316 View Post
    Minimalist? I love the table that you are displaying your games on. Looks like a quality table and a minimalist's dream. Oh, and nice collection of games as well :-)
    Ikea 12 person wood table. We like big dinners

  9. #9
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    You should try buying CIB snes games nowadays, makes AES look like buying Mega Drive games.
    You are right Kid Panda, CIB games for SNES are also very expensive, but I don't remember many (if any) examples of SNES games going over $1000, however the AES has many examples of that. Most expensive SNES games I remember are Hagane, Megaman 7, Castlevania Dracula X, Earthbound and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, none of which go for $1000 or more AFAIK. However, if you take into consideration that the size of the SNES library is about 5 times the library of the Neo, then it may be possible that the SNES is more expensive for a full set.

    Regards.

  10. #10
    Formerly the Drunk
    known as Tyrandom.
    MySoberCompanion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    You are right Kid Panda, CIB games for SNES are also very expensive, but I don't remember many (if any) examples of SNES games going over $1000, however the AES has many examples of that. Most expensive SNES games I remember are Hagane, Megaman 7, Castlevania Dracula X, Earthbound and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, none of which go for $1000 or more AFAIK. However, if you take into consideration that the size of the SNES library is about 5 times the library of the Neo, then it may be possible that the SNES is more expensive for a full set.

    Regards.
    There are a lot of unknown and valuable set for SNES:

    http://www.ebay.it/itm/141381110025?...d=688838829971

  11. #11
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441
    oh and I should thank mjmjr25 and chchan for helping me locate the last two KOF games I needed to complete my full KOF set. Both are good dudes

  12. #12
    Armored Scrum Object
    JasonToddLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mr. Walsh's attic

    Posts
    264
    Very nice collection. Not a Riding Hero in sight.

    Quote Originally Posted by synbiosfan View Post
    If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

  13. #13
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrandom View Post
    There are a lot of unknown and valuable set for SNES:

    http://www.ebay.it/itm/141381110025?...d=688838829971
    I did not know about this rare games. This seems to put the SNES to AES levels pricewise.

    Regards.

  14. #14
    Who?
    Atro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Game Room.

    Posts
    8,311
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonToddLives View Post
    Very nice collection. Not a Riding Hero in sight.
    Shut up!! *quagmire's voice*

    Riding Hero rocks with a memory card.
    Loved to beat that game.

    Circuit mode sucks tho.

    Great games bacon I dig those kofs.

  15. #15
    Sieger's Squire
    cr8zykuban0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    viva las vegas!

    Posts
    972
    nice collection! good to see you have the kof series on aes. still missing the obvious kof 2003 aes.

  16. #16
    Critical Damage!
    mjmjr25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ryan's Lakeside Cabin; in MN

    Posts
    3,223
    Awesome stuff - I too like your pics, presentation is everything.
    Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded
    What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did.

  17. #17
    Sho's Rival
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago

    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    Awesome stuff - I too like your pics, presentation is everything.
    I'm going to redo them with my actual cameras, not cell phone. Bored...gonna do some neo geo glamour shots haha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •