Question concerning Samurai Shodown fatalities.

Lashen

n00b
Alright, so I'm playing SS1 (MVS) and having trouble getting those fatalities to occur—by this, I mean slicing opponents clean in half and causing it to rain gold.

Initially, I thought I had this down, but it wasn't until I tried to do this on purpose my entire way through an arcade run that I discovered a road block.

To the best of my understanding you're just required to land a finishing hard slash on an opponent in mid-air, but that doesn't seem to work for some characters—at the time, Kyoshiro was the one giving me trouble.

I spent quite some time looking through FAQs and other places around the interwebs, and thought my problem was solved when I read that some characters couldn't be killed: those characters being Amakusa and—of all others—Kyoshiro.

I figured that this was a programming error, possibly because Kyoshiro shares something in common with Amakusa. (If I remember correctly, some versions of the game involve Kyoshiro as a means to play as Amakusa.)

I gave up on Kyoshiro, but have found myself having the same issue with Gen-an. I have taken every approach in trying to make this happen and came up short—can anyone shed some light on this?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Alright, so I'm playing SS1 (MVS) and having trouble getting those fatalities to occur—by this, I mean slicing opponents clean in half and causing it to rain gold.

Initially, I thought I had this down, but it wasn't until I tried to do this on purpose my entire way through an arcade run that I discovered a road block.

To the best of my understanding you're just required to land a finishing hard slash on an opponent in mid-air, but that doesn't seem to work for some characters—at the time, Kyoshiro was the one giving me trouble.

I spent quite some time looking through FAQs and other places around the interwebs, and thought my problem was solved when I read that some characters couldn't be killed: those characters being Amakusa and—of all others—Kyoshiro.

I figured that this was a programming error, possibly because Kyoshiro shares something in common with Amakusa. (If I remember correctly, some versions of the game involve Kyoshiro as a means to play as Amakusa.)

I gave up on Kyoshiro, but have found myself having the same issue with Gen-an. I have taken every approach in trying to make this happen and came up short—can anyone shed some light on this?

On SamSho 1 close range Hard Slash attacks usually do the trick. Also Hard Special Moves like Slicing uppercuts work. i'm sure someone can explain better that's just how i understood it.

Lashen

n00b
Yeah, I can actually get the blood fountain fairly simple, but nothing seems to trigger the item spill on some characters.