3DS / 3DS XL gets another hardware update

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Hey for those interested, I believe I found what kind of case that is. This listing here http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nintendo-DS-DSi-Lite-XL-BURGUNDY-WINE-Universal-Hard-Case-Power-A-/351162982833?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item51c2f1e1b1 Looks like it. I didn't check if there were cheaper prices. There may be, but I am just checking out what's available.

What do you guys think of those aluminum housings for the ds?

It seems solid but I'd like to hear what Panda has to say about it.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
It seems solid but I'd like to hear what Panda has to say about it.

I bought one at a local best buy for cheaper than I could find online. Really nice hard case. Room for about 6 games. Seems solid like you could throw it in a backpack and not worry about it. They had several colors and one was a red mario themed one but I just stayed with a basic black one.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Oops, yea sorry guys totally spaced it. Yea the Power A cases are boss. Wal Mart usually has them for around 10-15 bucks. I swear by them, my DS took a tumble down 2 flights of carpeted stairs and it never opened. These cases get the Panda seal of approval.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Oops, yea sorry guys totally spaced it. Yea the Power A cases are boss. Wal Mart usually has them for around 10-15 bucks. I swear by them, my DS took a tumble down 2 flights of carpeted stairs and it never opened. These cases get the Panda seal of approval.

I went to a Wal-mart in my area and looked for one. Couldn't find it. I'll check Best Buy tomorrow.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I went to a Wal-mart in my area and looked for one. Couldn't find it. I'll check Best Buy tomorrow.

To save you a trip, check on bestbuy.com. You can see if they have it in stock in your local store from the website. That's what I did.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Black or w/e. I'm not a color freak as long as it's not pink. lol

@Endless. Good idea!

I've got a couple of Wal marts on the way home from work, I'll stop by on Tuesday if you haven't find one yet. If I see a black one which I know I have seen, I'll scoop it for you.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Best Buy's website is showing them in stock with free shipping.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Black or w/e. I'm not a color freak as long as it's not pink. lol

@Endless. Good idea!

Glad I could help man. I had to return some ram anyway and just for shits and giggles checked the site to see if they had any in stock, which they did.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I've got a couple of Wal marts on the way home from work, I'll stop by on Tuesday if you haven't find one yet. If I see a black one which I know I have seen, I'll scoop it for you.

Well I went looking for one panda. I checked Bestbuy.com and it said it had some at one close to me. I went in and did indeed find a single one being pink/purple but it looked like someone had run it on a gravel road because it looked scratched to hell. Needless to say I wasn't going to blow money on a unit in that condition. If you happen to find a black one, shoot me a pm.

In other news, Went to a clearance bin and got Megaman ZX, Megaman ZX Advent and Castlevaina: Dawn of Sorrow for 10 bucks each new on clearance. I saw a few other titles which were a little higher but passed on them for now. If anyone's interested in Rune Factory or anything let me know and I'll see about snapping it up.

Edit: Looking at the one you have and that other one I saw, it's not even the same unit. This one was more plastic looking and it didn't have the little holder for the larger DSi stylus. If you can snap that up for me my man I'll cover you for whatever it is.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I don't know how I feel about that NES themed 3ds XL. I dig the buttons, but the controller on the top is kinda forcing it.

Edit: just saw the Super Smash Bro models those....are BADASS!

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I'm loving the PersonaQ 3DS, pissed they announced the New 3DS because I'll probably just hold out for that.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don't know how I feel about that NES themed 3ds XL. I dig the buttons, but the controller on the top is kinda forcing it.

Edit: just saw the Super Smash Bro models those....are BADASS!

Actually I agree...that controller is pretty bawdy - what a wasted opportunity. I wish they had styled it more in the vein of the Classic NES GBA...now that was a beauty.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I'm a big ds/3ds fan, the new NES design isn't doing much for me.

I saw this fan design on a forum though, I'd be more tempted to buy this one if it were real...

nintendo-3ds-nes-edition-615.jpg

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
Found out that while the New 3DS can use the C-Stick as a replacement to the right analog on a Circle Pad Pro, it does not work the other way around and Smash does not support the Circle Pad Pro... What a load of shit.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
For those who don't want the 3DS revision, there are some nifty 3DS XLs coming out soon...including a NES themed one...

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/buy#threeDS-XL-nes

Spoiler:
Which happens to be a Gamestop exclusive
I saw where the NES-themed one will also be on the New version. Glad I've been too lazy to buy one so far, because that will be my damn JAM. Go right along with my NES-themed GBA SP :D

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I saw the display boxes for the NES and Super Smash Bros. themed systems over the weekend at Gamestop.

Those SSB ones look nice enough but they don't grab me for some reason. I just don't feel excited looking at them even compared to other more simpler releases like the Yoshi and Mario & Luigi systems. :scratch:

The Retro NES would have been nice if it had a design similar to the one used on the Classic NES GBA SP or like the custom one in the picture xxjimmypxx linked.The NES controller picture on the top just kills it for me and it makes me feel like the system would appeal more to hipster douchebags than actual NES fans.

I totally want the Persona Q system. :drool: