The Evil Within (survival horror)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Taken from the Steam page;

Developed by Shinji Mikami -- creator of the seminal Resident Evil series -- and the talented team at Tango Gameworks, The Evil Within embodies the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story are combined to create an immersive world that will bring you to the height of tension. With limited resources at your disposal, you’ll fight for survival and experience profound fear in this perfect blend of horror and action.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
looks rad - I wish I could play games on my PC, I bought a beast so I could. But every time I think I will sit down to play a game, I think of 20 things I SHOULD be doing on my computer instead of playing a game and then I feel like an asshole and waste time on tumblr or here. Instead of doing my work....even though the game would be the same thing.

I would play this on PS3 though.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've been looking foward to it for a while. It looks like it may be an actual return to survival horror. It's been in production for some time and I have high hopes. I'm going to get it for PS3 and hope for the best.

snkjoe

New Challenger
Haven't been this excited for a ps3 game in a while. I hope it's as good as it looks.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm so damn ready for this game. October 14th can't come soon enough!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm actually very excited to see how this game plays out. I lobe survival horror games such as RE, dead space (well the first one anyways) and get very excited whenever I hear more news about it.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
This looks very promising! I've been looking for a really gory game and this looks nuts. Hopefully it will have some reply value to it and it should look great on ps3/ps4.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Im definitely picking this up for the PS4, it was one of the games that influenced my purchase.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Can't wait!

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm still on the fence. I'd like to have a new horror game for Halloween and The Evil Within looks like a combination of The Last of Us and Resident Evil 4. Limited resources and ammo, the necessity to use your environment in combination with your tools, and sprinkle in a little stealth gameplay. Atleast this game looks like a better option than Alien: Isolation.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
This has been one of, if the most anticipated title for me in a long time. I'm most likely there day one but honestly, this being cross gen is kind of making be a bit reticent with my purchase. Like the PS3 version is gonna be inferior to current gen and I don't want the inferior version. Same thing got me with Strider (I bought it anyway and luckily the PS4 version is free), Bayonetta 360 (still don't own it but plan to get it on the Wii U), MGS GZ (even when its on sale, I can't bring myself to get it) and a few others.

Stupid I know but its in the back of my mind nagging me.

Does anyone know how this runs on PS3 compared to current gen?

Edit: Nvm found my answer. Its 30FPS across the board. I'll be getting 720p instead of 1080p which isn't a deal breaker for me. Not big resolution head but FPS can be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I just threw down my preorder. My expectations are low. I preordered for gore, trucks of gore. I'm expecting the whole offering (gameplay, graphics, audio, etc) to be average at best. I want to be grossed out, Mikami-san. Come at me, bro.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I will probably get this for PC at some point in the future. Hope the gameplay & story is everything it could be...

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Screw it I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS3 version from Best Buy. Luckily had a couple of gift cards that covered most of it.

With Best Buy I guess instead of getting the Survivor pack pre-order bonus or whatever, they give you a $10 gift card.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough. You better not let me down Mikami!

Magician

20 Year Member
Tomorrow

My body is ready...for lots of spring-loaded-cat scares.

Edit: P.S. - the early reviews are good. I've seen a couple 8/10 scores out there.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Got mine early and just started playing. On the second chapter now,game is pretty intense. Really enjoying it so far.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
If you plan on picking this up, go ahead and do it at Best Buy. Just for buying the game you get a $10 gift card. So if you preordered you not only get the $10 preorder card, but also a bonus gift card. And if you stack that with being a member of their gamers club, getting this game for $38 cant be beat.