How long have you had your Neo Geo?

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I always wanted to own a Neo Geo, but the prices back in the day were prohibitive for a high school / college student. I did pick a Pocket Color with the Sonic bundle at WalMart when it first came out, and collected around 20 games for it. Great portable for the time. I picked up a Neo Geo CDZ used at Penny Arcade Expo two years ago and that got the ball running. I got a taste for the games, but many of the titles I was interested in (Blazing Star) weren't on the CD. I finally jumped on the band wagon big time with both an AES and Omega CMVS in February of this year. I'm up to 25 games now between the two of them and having a blast. Great console! 2D > 3D .

s. k. technique

Kuroko's Training Dummy
15 Year Member
Both AES and CMVS in 2006. I bought the CMVS from a nice forum member and I paid by cheque! :lolz:

kirbys

n00b
I bought an AES 1999, moved to a house in 2007 and exchanged my setup to an MV25-0 UP japanese 6-slotted cab and has since collected most of my all time favourite neo MVS games.

AES 1992 with Samurai Showdown then sold
then 1993
then 95
then 96 then about 2 or 3 more times and sold. (Shit always came up where it wasn't practical for me but I loved it!!!)
Just got a beautiful newer Japan one with just AV cable for 200 and I'm not selling it. :P

MVS 4 slot cab was bought from an arcade for $100 with KOF 97 and large marquee, (at that time they were getting rid of a ton of games and I was an employee). Best deal ever!
Purchased in 1998...Still rockin the cabinet..

Yoshi

20 Year Member
My first Neo was a CD in late 1995 or early 1996. My most recent is an MV-1 that arrived on Wednesday. There have been I believe three more in-between. The only way the current one is going anywhere is if it dies and needs to be replaced.

Hypnos

War Room Troll
I bought the mine in 2004 with Samurai Spirits 2, Art of Fighting 2 and Fatal Fury 2 in eBay for 260€.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I was drooling through the nineties. then bought a ngpc on release and in 2009 i bought a mvs and had it consolized, maybe it was 2008 ...

Roge_NES

n00b
Got an MVS 1 Slot SuperGun a couple months ago, I use it along with an XRGB Mini and it's awesome.
I've spent hours playing Bubble Bobble with my friends, it's really addicting.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Once I started playing KoF94 at the arcade I knew I had to have one. Started saving and got a used AES a month before KoF95 was released. Ordered it and got it from the first shipment out of Japan at its release.
The AES got some love last year with some capacitors replaced, added UniBios etc. However it gets little use these days as I've sold most my AES games and been playing on MVS with a much, much larger library of games.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I saw the AES console in a German mag called Videogames (yes, it's written together in German), must've been around '92, put all my money together, sold some old stuff and got one. I was the only student at my university that played video games... what can I say, it was worth it ;).

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
A month later & still don't have one. The amount of people buying consolized Omega systems must be very high.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Playing on cabinets since 91, but as far as official format ownership:
Pocket: 18 years
AES & CD: 13 years
MVS & 64: 2 years

Prior to the ngp (the poor man's neo geo), as a young'un I got by on dirty ports and emulation between arcade visits :lolz:

Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I always wanted to get the AES as a kid but could not afford it. I purchased my first candy cab about 15 years ago. I love my candy cab! Candy + Neosd = Awesomeness!

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Bought my first AES system n 1998
CD conosle in 1999
Now i have totally 3 AES system and 2 Neogeo cdz system:)

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Started playing cabinets in the early 90's always wanted a home system. It wasn't until '07 i think i picked up my AES then a few years later grabbed a CD top loader and my Dynamo cab MVS I grabbed probably 2 years ago.

Love them all. Always will.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Got my AES around a year and a half ago summer of 2015. Now have 16 games for it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My first Neo Purchase was a Boxed Aes System back in 05. First Neo game purchase was Art of Fighting.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I saw the AES console in a German mag called Videogames (yes, it's written together in German), must've been around '92, put all my money together, sold some old stuff and got one. I was the only student at my university that played video games... what can I say, it was worth it ;).

It was better than investing your deutshmarks on kraut :D

CatBoy

n00b
Got my Neo Geo Pocket Color in 2005. Bought a Neo Geo CD with both Metal Slug titles in 2007 but the laser died almost instantly...
Finally bought an AES last year and it looks wonderful on my Framemeister. Waiting for my NeoSD cart to play something else than Samurai Spirits 2 or Fatal Fury Special.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I got my first arcade cabinet in 2000 with a mv1fz board , dealing with arcade operators at those times and obtaining my first mvs carts for almost nothing ( I recall a sengoku 2 US full kit for 30 Euros ) .
I hesistate a long time before getting the AES (16 years exactly) ,... i got my AES last year :).

Last edited:

mcjefe

n00b
I purchased a Neo Geo CD with a huge library of games back in the 2000's and I thought I was doing good.
It took me until the 2010's to invest in an AES and I wish I had started sooner!
Last year, I finally found an MVS cabinet for a good price locally and was able to purchase it. I have now pretty much switched over to mainly MVS collecting since that purchase.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
2001, I always wondered what it felt like to be one of the original gangsters and have one back in the early 90's.

mcjefe

n00b
2001, I always wondered what it felt like to be one of the original gangsters and have one back in the early 90's.

One of my client's did. He was rich and ran a granite business. I used to go over and play it with him in the early 2000's. I wound up buying his KOF 2003 US version for AES not too long ago. He was the original owner.