How long have you had your Neo Geo?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I have had my Neo Geo AES since 1999. The first game I got was Baseball Stars 2 which I still have today. Played that game nonstop for many months. Even if you hate baseball, the game is just so much fun.

baseball stars 1 and 2 are classics. then again all the sports games on the neo are really fun to play.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Picked up my first Top Loader CD system in 2005, followed that up with a Mega Modded AES from the store the same year.

Picked up my first CDZ in 2007. First Front Loader and NGPC in 2008. Got my first CMVS in 2009.

Been in the Neo hobby for about 10 years now.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Bought my first AES in '92 and I've owned the same Neo CD system since '95.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
baseball stars 1 and 2 are classics. then again all the sports games on the neo are really fun to play.

Have you played Power Spikes 2?

On topic: Bought my first NGPC probably in 2000 or so, can't really recall. Got a 4-slot in 2007, sold it a few years later when I got out of arcade gaming. Picked up a CMVS and CDZ this month.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Hmmmmmm I bought mine back in 2001 iirc on ebay for $180 from hit-japan I think (not sure about this, quite a long time ago), still working perfectly <3

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I got my first Neo Geo in 2008/9. I'd always been into SNK games and wanted a Neo Geo, but I never had the money to spend (apart from the pocket color which I bought on launch). At that point I'd saved up a little bit of money and decided to splash out and treat myself to an AES.

About a year or so later I found an MVS arcade cabinet, so sold up my small AES collection to go down the MVS route. Roughly a year later the monitor died and I couldn't find a way to fix it, so I sold my MVS games and the working boards and went back to the AES.

Last year I bought myself an AES to MVS convertor and started building up another small MVS collection, then at the beginning of this year I bought myself a CMVS from Xian Xi here on the forums.

So, after all that buying and selling and changing I've finally settled for both. I have an AES, a CMVS and a nice collection of games for each.

Last edited:

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Bought my first AES in Hong Kong around 1997 and pre-orderd/purchased AES US copies of KOF'99 & Metal Slug X from NCIX brand new back in the day. Don't remind me how much those games are worth today :P

Rugdoctor

New Challenger
I had my AES set (with 26 games) back in '92. Strangely enough, there was an official reseller in my neighbourhod. It was a legit outfit too and charged people to play on the consoles in the shop. Keep in mind NZ is pretty much at the end of the world so it was quite a surreal experience.

I just started picking up the MVS collection recently, thank god NZ prices of MVS games are as cheap as they come.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I had my AES set (with 26 games) back in '92. Strangely enough, there was an official reseller in my neighbourhod. It was a legit outfit too and charged people to play on the consoles in the shop. Keep in mind NZ is pretty much at the end of the world so it was quite a surreal experience.

I just started picking up the MVS collection recently, thank god NZ prices of MVS games are as cheap as they come.
Where do you buy your games in New Zealand? From a New Zealand website? How did you afford 26 AES games in 1992?

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Brought my Euro Aes system back in 2005 from raven games in London, this place had bucket load of neo items back then also remember buying samurai showdown special poster from there which I managed to ruin
Anybody want to sell there's.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Got an AES back in 92 and still have it, had it modded with a UNIBIOS a little over a decade ago. Also got a 2nd AES back in '04. Also have some MVS boards (1 slot, 2 slot and 6 slot)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
2005 I had an home system. Long gone now however. Unlike y'all OG's with your '92 ownership stamp I'm quite the latecomer.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Got my NGPC about 10 years ago, maybe a little more.
Wanted an AES since it launched here in the U.S.
In 2012 I stopped lurking after a few years and joined this site when I put together what people were doing with MVS consolization. I saw that for much less $$$ I could essentially scratch that AES itch. Got me a 2-Slot in 2012, 15 games later & this year I cracked and bought AES & Neo CD instead of saving. I'm back on track with saving though. Want that house.

NeoEsteria

n00b
Not long!
AES - 2010
Pocket Color - 2011
CD - 2012
MVS-AES converter - got it in January

Oh, and the Neo Geo X... I bought into the hype and pre-ordered it. Got it at launch, December a couple of years ago from what I recall.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Same here
I almost sold my AES in 1996 when PSX came out....................Glad I didn't do it.

You dodged a bullet, i didnt own an AES when i was younger but i traded up my n64 collection for a ps2 and im still kicking myself for it.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Got my first AES in 2008, it was an import and got KoF 1994 and SamSho 1 with it. Got a MVS converter and started collecting. That got sold a while ago once I got my US model AES.

RRR

New Challenger
Bought my first AES in 2006. My 2nd AES last year and built my cmvs in 2010.

timchips

n00b
2 slot Neo was the first arcade I ever owned. $300 from Craigslist. Now I have over 50 and a barcade. Neos are the entry drug imo.

mr.2jz

n00b
Purchased mine AES from here (Xian Xi) back in late 2010, I believe. Then back in 2014, I picked up a MV2F.

I did however pickup and keep this promo brochure they had on display at my local Compucentre where they sold the system:

Neo-Geo_Quantum_Leap_promo.jpg

I told myself "One day..." :)

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
First Neo Geo i owned with the shitty Neo Geo X a few years ago. I just got myself a Neo Geo MVS 2 slot arcade unit last week

Ultra7350

n00b
I'm new to the Neo Geo. Just bought a MVS 4 slot a few weeks ago. It needed the chassis rebuild and a new power supply. Now I have to figure out why I don't have sound in the first two slots of the mother board.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Got my AES in January of this year. It was on an ebay auction that was listed as untested and with no power supply. Payed $150 and came with 2 sticks. Got pretty lucky that it worked once I was able to find a power adapter for $3 at goodwill.