How long have you had your Neo Geo?

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Bought an AES about 2 years ago, then got a JNX supergun last year and made the switch to MVS since then.

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
I've never owned a Neo Geo of any sort. I'd like to get a big red but probably wont for several years due to a lack of space. I'd pick up a NGPC and some games if the price was right though.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have had my Neo Geo AES since 1999. The first game I got was Baseball Stars 2 which I still have today. Played that game nonstop for many months. Even if you hate baseball, the game is just so much fun.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
A friend gave me his NGCD around last year or so. Too bad I lost the ac adapter. Those things are really expensive last time I checked. :crying:

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
A friend gave me his NGCD around last year or so. Too bad I lost the ac adapter. Those things are really expensive last time I checked. :crying:

I am happy that I purchased a loose Neo Geo CDZ about 6 years ago. I think I paid about $100 for it with all the hookups. Now the price is astronomical.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I've had my big red for about 5-6 months now, and I'm so happy I got it. I've been restoring and cleaning it up over the past couple months and honestly it's been incredibly satisfying.

sir arthur

War Room Troll
I got my CDZ 10 years ago and my AES last year

A shame some titles are impossible to find

I also hate all the conversions stuff

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I got my MVS in 2002 and played through a supergun until i bought my Egret in 2006 I think. If I'm not mistaken, the first game I bought was Samurai Shodown 2. I ended up getting most of the MVS library, but SS2 is still my favorite.

Katsu

Crazed MVS Addict
Since I won one back in Spring of... what? '90? Maybe '91? I have to look it up now. I got my picture in EGM that summer... the issue with TMNT Turtles in Time on the cover. :)

Now I have 2 4slot big reds, a CMVS, 2 AESs, a CDZ and if you want to count them... a Neo Geo X and a Neo Geo Pocket Color.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
as of right now
aes since july 9, 2009
cmvs, since super bowl weekend 2014 lol
neo cdz October 28, 2013

cornfolks

n00b
Picked up my NGPC in September of 99 when I got my JAP dreamcast and kof dream match 99.
Neo Geo AES in April 2000
Mv1fz consolized February 2013 after I spent amazing amounts of money on AES stuff the years

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
I can't remember the actual date now, there a thread someone about me asking about super gun builds and researching what board to get.
But I have my MVS board for a year and a half maybe two years

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I was late to the game , i picked up an AES last fall. I got into retro gaming about a year ago (bad timing i know) and was mostly collecting Genesis and SNES until i started reading more into the Neo Geo. I remember hearing about it back in the day but didnt really know much about it because id never seen one. I mostly lumped it with failed system like the 3DO.

What sold me to pick up an AES vs emulating, was the controller and the massive cartridges. I thought it was an interesting piece of tech that i had to try in with the actual hardware. I figured the only place i could find one at a semi decent price was to import on from Japan which seemed like too much of a hassle. Most of the ones i saw for sale near me were US systems being sold at stupid prices. By a stroke of a luck i found one one on Kijiji (canadian craigslist basically) with Baseball Stars. He also had 12 other games being sold separately. Picked up the system then gradually picked up the rest of games over the course of a few months.

He had the games listed for months at decent prices but they werent moving at all, not much demand locally for Neo Geo i guess. Unfortunately if i want anymore games im looking at Ebay or the odd AES sales forum here. With the retro collecting phase pushing pushing prices to stupid levels and the Canadian dollar being crapola right now it could be awhile before i pick anymore AES games up. Ill most likely be picking up an Omega when money permits.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I got mine in 2007. Before that, I had a Bill Clinton-era PC with NeoRageX on it ;)

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
I bought an AES at the end of 2011 and switched to MVS at the begining of 2013