How long have you had your Neo Geo?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Bought my first AES in 2003. Sold bits along the way and now I'm MVS only.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Later on i bought a second one so i could leave the first one in it's box....

Why? Why would you take a system off the market that someone else could enjoy? I don't understand this logic. Why not have the box on display and use the system and purchase a second controller?

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
i bought my 4-slot V3 cab in June. it had a 2-slot board in it and a gutted TV through an I/O board as the monitor. was also missing player 2's D button. it was $100 and came with Puzzle Bobble (legit) and Blazing Star (probably a boot).

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Different region?

Exactly + it was a good deal, also to have a second controller. But hey, it's not like i got a stack of carts from a certain game like a certain panda has. :D

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
oh, probably about four or five years now. a single JPN AES, needs to be UNIBIOSed, i'll get it off to one of the local experts to get that done one o these days...

Last edited:

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Bought my AES in January this year, bought a MVS a few weeks after that.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Got a Neo Geo Pocket Color back in 2003, then my first Big Red 4-slot MVS last year, and then a 6-slot this March.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm late to the party but started out pretty strong. I bought my Neo Geo MV4 cabinet with MV1 board installed in February this year. Upgraded it to MV4F board and picked up an Atari Showcase machine with SVC PCB back in March. Bought an MV1FZ for the Atari Showcase machine in April.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
i've still too many carts i need to get, for too many systems, even after all these years.
i think i really blew it and put them off for far too long though; prices are absolutely unreasonable these days,
and getting exponentially worse all the blasted time...

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
On October 27, 2012 I bought a Neo Geo X. I loved a lot of the games it came with. In particular Mutation Nation and Last Resort. Back when the Neo Geo was new and in the arcades I never got to play. I only ever watched the older kids play. So this was really my first experience with SNK games. I know a lot of you hate the NGX but the handheld unit is pretty good, but way over priced. The NGX docking station for displaying on your TV is complete garbage. I understand why SNK wanted to pull he plug on the NGX. I paid full retail and it still stings.

On October 17, 2013 I bought a boxed NGPC that came with three boxed games. I paid $144 CAD. I wish it was backlit but it's still a great little handheld system.

I got my Neo Geo AES December 27, 2013. Over the following six months I bought all the complete sub $100 games I could find and two sub $200 games.

And just like some of you predicted I've started evolving towards the MVS!
In the past month or so I've purchased 15 MVS carts. And I'm currently looking for an excellent condition 4-slot big red. It think it will take a long time before I find one but I'm hoping one will come along.

I got mine back in 2008 from the market place here. Bought it with the NeoBitz board and the MVS to AES Converter II. I had intended to get Aes games, but I found a 4 slot big red on Craigslist a few months later for $200 so I ended up getting mostly Mvs stuff.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I had owned a NGPC way back in 2000, as I couldn't afford an AES or MVS back then and wanted one long before the NGPC. Traded off my NGPC a year later, and didn't think twice about it then. Bought another NGPC last year as I had no idea that there were slot machine games made for it. So picked up a few of those and decided to start saving for an AES system. Just bought my AES last month and having some mods done to it. Bought a Daedalus for MVS games and just waiting for the work to get done. Can't wait to get some KoF action on!

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
I bought a MV1C in May 2013 and performed a half assed consolization. I had been planning to put it inside a shell from a dead AES, but my motivation suffered after I bought a Neo 25 candy cab this April.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
I bought my first AES in 2004, until that date I just played SNK stuff on Saturn/DC/Xbox.
I traded a complete Steel Battalion xbox set for a NG boxed system (modded) + Robo Army/Ghost Pilots/Nam'75/Fighter's History Dynamite.
The last year I bought the second AES system. Never interested in MVS honestly...

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
I bought my SNK Neo•Geo AES back when Metal Slug 3 was released in 2000. Oddly enough, I bought the game cartridge first from Shawn and the game system shortly after from ckchan. At the time, I was broke as a joke; so, I funded the purchases by donating blood plasma. :keke:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Picked up my NGPC in 1999 or 2000, but I'd been lusting after a proper Neo since 1992.
I finally got my wish late last year when I got an Omega. I kind of went crazy picking up MVS games for a while after that, but I've settled down and taking my time enjoying the few games I have.