How long have you had your Neo Geo?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Posture, well dressed, nice braid, you can tell the wife is doing a good job. Congrats!

Maybe she'd like some Ghostlop? Show her the one screen platformers, NiTD, Zupapa, Bang Bang Busters. Also, maybe Magical Drop 2 and 3, unfortunately "world" is a bit on the PG side, dunno if it would be proper for that age but it's harmless IMHO.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Got my AES in 2006 from Ryan / Japan Games Now. Bought a consolised MVS from Xian Xi in 2009.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Posture, well dressed, nice braid, you can tell the wife is doing a good job. Congrats!

Maybe she'd like some Ghostlop? Show her the one screen platformers, NiTD, Zupapa, Bang Bang Busters. Also, maybe Magical Drop 2 and 3, unfortunately "world" is a bit on the PG side, dunno if it would be proper for that age but it's harmless IMHO.

Pretty sure that was her church dress that day as I got it on a weekend. Braids aren't my thing, I can handle a pony tail. ;) She probably would like ghostlop and I'll probably end up with it at some point. I've been considering games from the Panel de Pon and Magical Drop series of titles as they're similar enough too and they're on my 161in1 too. I have a conversion cart with an SNK board in there that has NitD on it but really hadn't thought about having her try it as she kind of had a little trouble with Bubble Bobble on her NES Classic Edition.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Panel De Pon, perfect choice, Pop n' Bounce is also decent for kids. Try Blue's Journey, it's a platformer, could be good for her. The thing with Bobble Bobble that kids don't get is the bubble first jump later technic, at least with Raguy/Blues you can hop, shoot in whatever order, it's a pretty chill game. Also Spin Master/ Miracle Adventure. Put them on the easiest setting if you have to, still a decent challenge for a kid.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I own Spin Master and I know she likes yo-yo's too so that would be a solid one. I'd like to get Blue's at some point, but lately the ebay troll pond has been trying to make that a nearly $100 game which is a laugh so I've written it off. You're right about bubble bobble too.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Got a Neo Geo CD when it first came out in Europe in 1994-95 (don't even remember when that was) Sold it a while afterwards and got a Neo Geo AES in 1996. Have had that one ever since (it's back in Greece)

Aquired and sold various other MVS boards during that itme (2,4,6 slots)

Last edited:

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Got a Neo Geo CD when it first came out in Europe in 1994-95 (don't even remember when that was)

Should be in the Xmas time of 1994, still remember that in those weeks I saw in an import shop the NGCD and the Saturn (jp) running Virtua Fighter, and the Super Nintendo kicking with Donkey Kong Country. Great memories.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
I think I bought my supergun and mvs 1-FZ in the summer of 2004. In 2009 I bought an AES and in 2016 I ended up with a CDZ. But I've been a fan of the Neo since the mid 90s. Could not afford one back in the days though. ��

J-P

NEST Puppet
First post ding ding (hah). I used to work in a certain store in London (UK) many moons ago (during the late 90's). Aquired some AES carts back in '97 when I briefly had a Japanese AES. The first carts I got were: Samurai Spirits 1, KOF '95, Metal Slug and it came with Baseball Stars as a pack-in. Was made to get rid of that as parent's didn't exactly like the cost... (I was around 17 at the time) was not a pleasant experience letting the AES go.

Fast-forward a few years and I'd bought every neogeo port I could get my grubby hands on. I still have all the Saturn and Dreamcast ports which were mucho fun. I have MVS copies of Last Blade and KOF'98 that have been gathering dust in a drawer for years. A buddy of mine is working on an MV-1A board for me so I'm rubbing my mits together waiting for that to arrive ;-). Not looking forward to the amount of spending coming up though...

benimaru7

New Challenger
Got my first Neo AES in 93 I think it was, traded a SNES with games for an AES with Fatal Fury.

Since then I've sold up and rebought a few times, tried the Neo CD but the loading times were so long, the arranged music was cool. There's something so nostalgic about the Neo Geo I keep coming back to it. Currently on AES number 5!

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I got my NG Gold AES soon after they became available in the US for purchase. I've had it modded with a UniBIOS and Stereo L/R out & component video out, and I still have and use it to this day :-)

AirZonk

n00b
I got my Neo Geo CD in 1997. Ended up buying an AES in 2000. In 2002 I bought another AES system, a brand new modded Japanese one. In 2003 I bought a Neo Geo CDZ since I saw a deal on one. Still have all of these.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Over 15 years now.

First cart I ever bought was Samurai Shodown IV which I adored when I first played it in the arcades around the time when it first came out.

I actually owned a good version of Samsho 2 at the time on PC, but I loved Samsho 4 too.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Not that I'd have been able to afford one, but I didn't even know there was a home console until about 10 years ago. I've always been an SNK fan, and loved playing Metal Slugs, Fatal Furys and KOFs when I went to an arcade, and I used to buy ports of the games. You just didn't hear about it here in the UK.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Now I know you must be much younger than me Matt! :D

During what I like to think of as the golden age of importing (PCE, MD, SFC) everyone was buzzing about this new Rolls Royce of home systems I knew that were in to gaming. True, very few people owned one, but you couldn't escape seeing all the listings for them in games magazines of the time due to plethora of import shops.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Now I know you must be much younger than me Matt! :D

During what I like to think of as the golden age of importing (PCE, MD, SFC) everyone was buzzing about this new Rolls Royce of home systems I knew that were in to gaming. True, very few people owned one, but you couldn't escape seeing all the listings for them in games magazines of the time due to plethora of import shops.

I might have been a bit too young when it was a big deal. I would have been 7 when the AES released. Maybe it's also because I didn't know what it was, that I glanced past the adds and paid them no attention. I'd say about 95-99 I used to buy all the gaming mags I could find, but I never paid much attention to imports. It wasn't until I got the internet around 2000 that I started finding out about all the Japanese stuff I had been missing out on. I do remember seeing some NeoGeo reviews in Gamesmaster, but I always assumed they were reviews of arcade only games.

I actually forget that it's 2017, time flies. I probably found out about it in 2003/04, so a bit more than 10 years ago.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Had my Big Red 4 Slot since about January 2014, and then I got a Neo Geo Pocket Color last year in October. I also have a Neo Geo CD Toploader that's on it's way, with nothing to play on it yet lol. Still need to dig my cab back out of storage. Needs new sticks and buttons, the CP needs a new coat of paint, the board needs recapped (starts out quiet and then gets extremely loud) and the monitor needs a rejuve. While the board's being serviced I might as well get a unibios installed.

nintendospy

Crossed Swords Squire
20 Year Member
I got my first AES in Spring of 2004 with League Bowling. Sold my collection a few years later but ended up rebuying everything and then some.

It's been hooked up to my CRT ever since.

poulet

Quiz Detective
I got my Aes in 1991 with Magician Lord, superbaseball 2020 and nam 75. It was a great moment. i still have those stuff.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Current Systems:
CMVS (via Xian) : 3 or 4 years
NGPC : 12 years (had my first in 1999 but gave to nephew)
2-Slot Big Red: 2 years

TwinFami

n00b
Current? I had my AES about a couple weeks now. Neo-Geo CD, I’m on my second one and that’s been here three weeks. I finally broke down and bought an AES when I saw Stone Age Gamer had a date to carry the NeoSD.

Before hand, I used a MAME cabinet for many years until the PC went and I saw someone was interested in the cabinet itself and I sold it. I should’ve just replaced the PC as I miss that thing, but hey, $700 for a cabinet that at the time I paid $400 wasn’t bad(it was a discontinued Xtension Bartop).

I also have a blue camo Neo Geo Pocket Color with frontlight mod and the FlashMasta cart. Well worth the money on everything here.

Last edited:
I bought a consolized MVS from JNX about a year ago. Trying to get every officially released game, except sports and mahjong games.

Also used to have a Neo Geo CD about 10 years ago, but the load times ruined my enjoyment of it.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Got my one-slot in my blast city when I bought it from Matsu back in 2011. Best investment ever.