metal slug 3 comng to ps4

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I would love to see some neo geo games on PS4 with netplay.

Games like Garou MOTW, Kof 98, Street Hoop, Windjammers, Super Sidekicks 3 or SS IV would be nice on PS4 with netplay

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Metal Slug 3 is priced at $15 on PSN.
That's stupid expensive IMO

This. What were they thinking? Prices for vitual games are getting ridiculous. I was going to buy Axiom Verge but then I saw the price, I changed my mind. 20 bucks for something that will most likely be on sale in a few weeks and free for PS+ members in a few month? No thanks, I can wait. What happened to the $10 pricing? Emulated retro stuff like MS3 should be even cheaper than that.

I hope it's better than the Steam port. I bought all the Metal Slugs on Steam during the last sale, the sound effects are all wrong. Wrong pitch, sound screechy, glad I finally own the MVS.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Fuck yeah dude,
Saw a MS3 lets play and straight up bought an MVS copy.
It should be on its way to me this week.
When I saw the $15 price tag I was like, fuck that. I'd rather just buy the original physical copy. Even if it's more $$

Voodoohead

Morden's Lackey
i am looking forward to it, but the price well if money goes out for neo geo aes 2016 :oP

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Old as shit thread I know but is this the typical bullshit rom and emulator bundle or is this something quality like the neogeo battle colussim port that xbla got?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
My son and I were playing it online. He was at his moms and I was at my place. After a few minutes, we both had different things going on on our screens. We were nowhere near the same place in the game.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
My son and I were playing it online. He was at his moms and I was at my place. After a few minutes, we both had different things going on on our screens. We were nowhere near the same place in the game.

Which version are you talking about? that happened to me on Steam..... Is it already out on PS4?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Old as shit thread I know but is this the typical bullshit rom and emulator bundle or is this something quality like the neogeo battle colussim port that xbla got?

Straight emulator, really. The PS4 version, at least, is a good emulator and looks nice. PS3 version plays fine but looks like poo no matter what the settings are.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I love Slug 3 but would rather just play it on MVS. I haven't owned a Sony console since PS2 and I have no desire to.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I have no desire to play emulated games, especially paying a premium for emulated games. If I want that experience then there are many rom sites online for the reaping.

To me, playing a game is about shelf selection, game insertion, and 100% accurate game play. To each there own.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I hate this attitude. You're missing out on some amazing ass games.

Are there a lot of good, 2d games exclusive to the Ps4? If so, then I will look into it and reconsider my statement.

Regardless of what company makes them, I dislike the vast majority of 3d games. I don't like that style of graphics or gameplay. I tried to like it for 10 plus years but I just don't. It's no specific hate for Sony or the Ps4. I don't even particularly like Mario 64 and most people love that game.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Are there a lot of good, 2d games exclusive to the Ps4? If so, then I will look into it and reconsider my statement.

Regardless of what company makes them, I dislike the vast majority of 3d games. I don't like that style of graphics or gameplay. I tried to like it for 10 plus years but I just don't. It's no specific hate for Sony or the Ps4. I don't even particularly like Mario 64 and most people love that game.

Checkout some YouTube videos for Jamestown+ on PS4

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I have no desire to play emulated games, especially paying a premium for emulated games. If I want that experience then there are many rom sites online for the reaping.

To me, playing a game is about shelf selection, game insertion, and 100% accurate game play. To each there own.

This :up:
Neo games belong on the Neo.
Fuck all the damn ports.
They lessen the value of the Neo originals in some undefinable way I feel...

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
This :up:
Neo games belong on the Neo.
Fuck all the damn ports.
They lessen the value of the Neo originals in some undefinable way I feel...

I disagree.
You shouldn't see ports from a selfish point of view
Let's take our beloved Waku Waku 7 as an example.
Don't you think everyone should have the chance to play this great game ?
While few have the money/time to invest in a cabinet or in an auction on ebay to play this game, many could download a (legal) port and share the good comments about it ;)

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I disagree.
You shouldn't see ports from a selfish point of view
Let's take our beloved Waku Waku 7 as an example.
Don't you think everyone should have the chance to play this great game ?
While few have the money/time to invest in a cabinet or in an auction on ebay to play this game, many could download a (legal) port and share the good comments about it ;)

I like them exclusive, man.
When I was a kid, the Neo was an unattainable monster, lurking in the background and for me it still holds its allure, more than any other system.
The fact that you can now get Neo games for a fiver on your frigging phone makes me sad.
Sad sad sad...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Checkout some YouTube videos for Jamestown+ on PS4

Jamestown is pretty great. I love that it's trying to do something different instead of just being another Cave clone.