metal slug 3 comng to ps4

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 and Fatal Fury Special where the two next games that where suppose to be release for Neo-Geo station before that whole Neo-Geo X crap ruined everything.

source? I'm really looking forward to FFS (and SS2)

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Because that seems to be the only Neo-Geo game series the main stream public knows about. We can't get a good game like Pulstar or Mark of the Wolves. I wish for once Playmore would look at the collector market and see what people are really going after.

Metal Slug 3 and Fatal Fury Special where the two next games that where suppose to be release for Neo-Geo station before that whole Neo-Geo X crap ruined everything.

Because they are focusing on mass market appeal, everyone knows what Metal Slug is but not everyone aside from Neo Geo enthusiasts knows about Pulstar, Garou MOTW, and Windjammers.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
As long as people still buy the rereleases over and over, there is no reason for SNKP to port anything else.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
source? I'm really looking forward to FFS (and SS2)
They posted FFS stuff all over the Facebook page a couple of years ago and I saw a few other places that I can't remember. But I wouldn't hold you breath of it ever coming out.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
10 bucks says it'll suck and blow at the same time like the Steam edition did.

They'd be better off releasing KOF13 on the PS4 and xbone because of the x64 architecture. (I hate it when people say x86 when they're talking about x64 stuff.) The arcade original was essentially a PC game, and look how great the Steam version turned out. The inevitably better product will bring so much more goodwill.

Then they can release that shitass Metal Slug 3 port from the same development house that did Metal Slug 3 Steam and piss away all that goodwill.

Actually it still the same x86 architecture that introduced by Intel in 1978, what really changed is the word size. AMD introduced the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set in 2003 (also known as x86-64, x64, x86_64 and AMD64).
So using the term x86 is still correct as 36 years of documented programming knowledge that developers of PS4 and Xbox One games can draw from. So technically code written for the Intel 8086 the first x86 processor (16 bit) can run on your 2014 PS4 with some minor tweeking for UI and change in word side and OS.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I really wish that SNK would refocus on past projects:

- release SNK Arcade Classics V2
- release more Neo Station titles

These were good ideas that dies prematurely.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
SNK Arcade Classics released: Vol. 1 and 0. I'd expect the next SNK Arcade Classics to be -1. XD

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
they wont Samurai Shodown Anthology didnt so i guisse they want it to be Neo Geo exclusive as it was the last game

It was supposed to have been in the US release but SNKP pulled it out at the last second. I wonder if anybody has hacked the disc to see if any of the data is still on there.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If there were an extra title on the disc, someone would have found it by now.

garoudensetsu

Crazed MVS Addict
but they already release it on xbox 360... i hope they do other games . blazin star in primis <3

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Will this be the only SNK game currently on the PS4? I haven't bought a PS4 yet but was hoping a lot of the download games from PS3 would be available. I guess not.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
don't know if i want another copy of MS3... probably just a port of the dotemu steam release which has copped a lot of shit

Why don't they release Windjammers with online support? The game is all popular now because of whoever those people were that did the online streaming. I bet that game would sell well for a downloadable title.

giantbomb is who you're talking about... they definitely made windjammers prices go up!

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
SNK is always behind the times. I'm sick of them rereleasing again and again. By the time they produce a new title like MS8 they will only release it on consoles nearing EOL. Now would be the time to release it on PS4 and Xbox one as games are trickling out. They were never the greatest at business I guess.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 Coming to PS4 & Vita, More NEOGEO Classics on the Way

"Please vote for one (or more?) title(s):

ART OF FIGHTING 2
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’97
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000
THE LAST BLADE 2
METAL SLUG X