Gamestop.....................

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Never give Gamestop a damn dime. Its a shit hole I wanted to buy a game back in 05 maybe they had a different name back then can't remember. But I do remember the circumstance was Capcom Classics vol. 1 I preordered it and when I went to pick it up it was already opened WTF?! I was like this game is used / opened they were " No we open all of our games to ensure they work" I said then you keep it, I'm not paying full price for a game that in your guys terms is used if I brought it in to sell. That's was some b.s. there never been back since.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Their excuse is that they open one copy of every game to put the case on the shelves. If you want the last "new" copy it's the open one. Honestly I think that if they opened it, it should be sold at a used price.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Their excuse is that they open one copy of every game to put the case on the shelves. If you want the last "new" copy it's the open one. Honestly I think that if they opened it, it should be sold at a used price.

Yeah they are full of shit with that huh? Honestly in all the 13 years I have had cd based game I have only come across 2 games in that time period that didn't "work". Both of the games were sealed copy's of Wings of War for the O.G. Xbox. And they must have been a bad batch because of the color of the cd on the data side. But yeah they are some real shitheads with that excuse, selling used games at full retail price. But they must be doing great they are still in business don't see how imo. Maybe people just don't give a shit if they buy it new or used but I damn sure won't pay new price for a opened game PERIOD

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I like how nobody mentioned Gamestop's bullshit with the new/old stock of Xenoblade for Wii. Seems they were caught ordering a lot of copies of a 2nd reprint of the game from Nintendo or whoever, They gutted the games and sold them as used for close to $90.00 at the time.

Fucking facists.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I like how nobody mentioned Gamestop's bullshit with the new/old stock of Xenoblade for Wii. Seems they were caught ordering a lot of copies of a 2nd reprint of the game from Nintendo or whoever, They gutted the games and sold them as used for close to $90.00 at the time.

Fucking facists.

I don't doubt it one bit they are crooks. Like I said I've been done since that ordeal w/ me in '05. Never stood foot in the door since.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I hear alot of this open but new stuff, but if you get the game day 1 it's usually unopened.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Also, they were shipped in a bubble envelope, not a box. 6 games in a bubble envelope. Fuckers probably said " hope this goes well yolo" before they sent it out.

not gamestop related, but i had a similar thing happen.
i bought a copy of ys seven limited off someone on rackeboy.
a few days later, i got an envelope in the mail, start thinking "what the fuck did i buy again?" not knowing what it could be, since any individual not packing items while huffing paint would see the problem.
i open the envelope to find a mostly crushed copy of ys seven limited.
upon bitching to the seller i got the "but i sold it at the cost of a regular edition copy, so no partial refund"
man, fuck that guy.

on the subject of "open but new"
i went to gamestop to pick up dissidia on release day, and ask the schmuck behind the counter for a copy.
"sure thing!" and proceeds to grab one of the empty cases off the rack nearby.
"do you have any that are still sealed?"
"oh, you're one of THOSE guys...."
"what do you mean?"
"you think that just because it's open, that it's not new"
at this point i turn to another employee.
"excuse me, do you happen to have any sealed copies of Dissidia for the psp?"
"i'm pretty sure we do, lemme check the drawer" *moves the other coworker aside, to look in a drawer labeled 'psp'"
"yup" *proceeds with the normal GS bullshit transaction*

at this point i unwrap the game while still in the store and ask the first guy if i can return it, since it's still new :keke:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Man I hate GameStop (eb games in Canada). When I shop for games, I also shop at microplay or best buy.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
not gamestop related, but i had a similar thing happen.
i bought a copy of ys seven limited off someone on rackeboy.
a few days later, i got an envelope in the mail, start thinking "what the fuck did i buy again?" not knowing what it could be, since any individual not packing items while huffing paint would see the problem.
i open the envelope to find a mostly crushed copy of ys seven limited.
upon bitching to the seller i got the "but i sold it at the cost of a regular edition copy, so no partial refund"
man, fuck that guy.

That's a lame excuse. :thevt:

on the subject of "open but new"
i went to gamestop to pick up dissidia on release day, and ask the schmuck behind the counter for a copy.
"sure thing!" and proceeds to grab one of the empty cases off the rack nearby.
"do you have any that are still sealed?"
"oh, you're one of THOSE guys...."
"what do you mean?"
"you think that just because it's open, that it's not new"
at this point i turn to another employee.
"excuse me, do you happen to have any sealed copies of Dissidia for the psp?"
"i'm pretty sure we do, lemme check the drawer" *moves the other coworker aside, to look in a drawer labeled 'psp'"
"yup" *proceeds with the normal GS bullshit transaction*

at this point i unwrap the game while still in the store and ask the first guy if i can return it, since it's still new :keke:

Nice! :tickled:

I pre-ordered Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright from my local GS and went in to pick it up the other day. While I was there, I managed to save some DS cases from being trashed. The titles were nothing spectacular, a GTA: Chinatown Wars and CoD: Black Ops but the games were NOS that GS bought and converted them to used inventory.

I figure at worst since the cases are brand new looking I can just swap them with some of my cases that are a little rough and then post them to a place like GameTZ to see if anyone needs the empty cases for those games. It certainly beats the fate they were originally destined for. :annoyed:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Been at least 2 years since I've sat foot in a Gamestop, and probably 4-5 since I've bought anything.

Fuck 'em.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i think when i got my 360E and a digital copy of tomb raider, that's when it hit me to go full digital... both Microsoft and sony have pretty good weekly specials... though nowhere near as awesome as valve's... they have enough offers to keep me from going to a gamestop... the last time i went was to buy the injustice stick, and that's mainly because i didn't want to deal with shipping.

I think the closest thing that has happened to me weird, was that i remember preordering KOF Neowave on original Xbox and when i went to pick it up. (like in a lot of cases I read) the copy i got was already opened. At the time I really didn't care much... But it did make me think a lot...

from now i buy my games digitally (i support the developers), i avoid gamestop at all cost, plus since i move and travel a lot, i have gone through several copies of KOFXIII.... so it's just better for me to go digital....