ProTip: Don't give a 9 year old an Uzi

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
A 9 year old with an Uzi is absolutely stupid. If they wanted to teach the kid how to shoot start with a 22 for Christ sake. Not a SMG.

Indeed. I mean what is the likely hood that a most likely inexperienced and ill equipped 9 year old girl can handle an Uzi?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
We're gonna take your guns. All of them.
Hide yo wife, hide you kids, cuz we goin find you.....and take your guns.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
We're gonna take your guns. All of them.
Hide yo wife, hide you kids, cuz we goin find you.....and take your guns.

That's what's happening in CT. If you failed to register your guns by a certain deadline, your permit is automatically revoked.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This is a really weird way of trying to get a rise out of me.

Trust me, it'd be so easy to get a rise out of you. I wasn't trying. That's kind of my point. You're so hostile that you sit there and stare at posts that are obviously jokes and struggle to determine the seriousness of them. Your life must be full of so much anxiety.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Trust me, it'd be so easy to get a rise out of you. I wasn't trying. That's kind of my point. You're so hostile that you sit there and stare at posts that are obviously jokes and struggle to determine the seriousness of them. Your life must be full of so much anxiety.

You're reading some stuff that's probably only there in your own head. I'm definitely not the hostile type at all.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

I'd expect a response like that from an arrogant European such as yourself.

Tell me, what would you do if we closed all our bases over in Europe, took our soldiers home, and sent you the bill for protecting you guys over the last half century?

Jon

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'd expect a response like that from an arrogant European such as yourself.

Tell me, what would you do if we closed all our bases over in Europe, took our soldiers home, and sent you the bill for protecting you guys over the last half century?

Jon

I really didn't want to wade in on this aspect in particular but that just pisses me off - it's a pretty childish and naive view on America's word role in the last half century if you think the bases and troops throughout the world are there for the good of the world community. They are there so America can control it's international interests and ensure the profits and oil keep rolling in, nothing more, nothing less.

Sure it's often mutually beneficial, that's why countries allow it, but there's no benevolence involved and certainly no debt owing.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I really didn't want to wade in on this aspect in particular but that just pisses me off - it's a pretty childish and naive view on America's word role in the last half century if you think the bases and troops throughout the world are there for the good of the world community. They are there so America can control it's international interests and ensure the profits and oil keep rolling in, nothing more, nothing less.

Sure it's often mutually beneficial, that's why countries allow it, but there's no benevolence involved and certainly no debt owing.

Unfortunately much of it is NATO related, peace treaty, and as you said US Interests. I wish we had the majority of our troops CONUS as that is their priority, National Defense. The only thing I would like Internationally is key locations for Global Outreach regarding NATO support, aid, and humanitarian relief. England, Japan, Germany, and Italy. Not just for the US, joint bases.

The other downside is unfortunately since WWII, many nations rely on us, have their own interests and gains, or in some cases wait to follow our lead. A lot of this gets into politics, which I am just not interested in.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Ukraine is another country that is dependent on NATO. In fact they were specifically told to hand over their nuclear arms in exchange for guaranteed protection as a sovereign state.

How's that working out for 'em?

They are now being pushed like a high school freshmen by everyone's favorite comrade Putin. Meanwhile the Baltic states are shitting their pants and demanding an immediate action by NATO.

NATO's reply: Sorry bros! We're all tapped out! I'm afraid you're gonna have to go it alone. But we're gonna apply sanctions - they're gonna have a hell of a time importing that Russian fish jerky into the US! And no more Russian mail order brides (sorry basement dwellers). This should cripple their economy in about ... oh, I don't know, maybe 30 years or so, lol. Hang in there guys!

I'm of course not calling for another conflict in Ukraine ... God knows that's the last thing we need. But you have to admit that Ukraine has basically zero leverage in this case and they are basically fucked.

The government and national guard can be very helpful in a tough situation, but ultimately you're on your own.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Where in my post did I say it was "for the good of the world community"? Read it again. The arrogant Dane decided to bring up NATO when someone asked him who would defend him when his country was invaded.

I'll be real honest with you, Steve, I'd be happy if they'd close all the bases overseas. That way, it'd force other countries to have their own national defense programs instead of relying on Americans and their equipment to protect them.

Jon

SSS

neo retired
Dude's a bleeding heart idiot.

So Meller, what would happen if your country got invaded? You gonna rely on that great army of yours to protect your family? :smirk:

He's just pissed cause they were shooting surplus plasma tv sets at the range instead of paper targets. LCD won, get over it.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

I agree with most of this, and its pretty funny. watch the whole video if you decide to comment on it please

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What's crazy to me is that so many people simply ignore #s when it comes to firearms in the US. By a LARGE amount, nearly all privately, legally owned firearms in the US are never used in any crimes. With an estimated 280-310 MILLION firearms in civilian hands...99.9999...% will never be used in any crimes. Yet people want to ban/regulate them.

I also love how anti firearm folks now start conversations with "Now...I'm not saying I'm against citizens legally owning firearms but..." Then they go into some nonsense about tight regulating, licensing, mental tests, etc. Then I point out the insane % of firearms that are never used in crimes, the insane amount of firearms they're proposing we regulate/document and how a vast majority of legal firearm owners do not commit crimes with them and give them an ocean of evidence to prove it.

Destroying or regulating the rights of hundreds of millions of law abiding people because of the acts of a few is NOT the way to solve the problem.