ProTip: Don't give a 9 year old an Uzi

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm not anti-gun, far from it, but I'm absolutely against letting kids and youngsters use them under any circumstances. There's no reason for it and it gives the kids a wrong idea about a tool which is made for killing. Kids think weapons are cool but they aren't, it's just a tool that can save your ass or get you food, and that's it. Using a weapon not only is about being able to handle the recoil or whatever but also a psychological thing. There's no way a young girl or lad is able to "get" what the whole thing is all about. They feel powerful for all the wrong reasons while totin' a gun, and be it just a .22 pea shooter, no matter what they tell you.

I disagree 100%.

I find that if done properly, it has the exact opposite effect than what you describe. I've shot since I was 5 (or that what my father tells me). I have always had a healthy fear of firearms because of it. I never viewed them as toys and had firearm safety taught from me from the beginning. I assure you that my daughter does not think guns are toys, even at 6 years old. She has no interest in playing with them at our house (not that they sit out in the open). She knows what they can do.

I've been around shooting my entire life, I've shot (literally) millions of rounds, I've shot around thousands of other shooters. NEVER (knocks on wood), have I seen someone shot.

Can I ask...and I mean this in all seriousness...Tak, have you ever shot a firearm? I ask this because you seem as you have not. Most have a healthy fear of them once they wield one.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yep, that business should be closed and all of them stripped of licenses.

I can say that 100%, that "instructor" is a fool...and is now a dead fool. You NEVER do what that man did...ever.

I have instructed many new/young shooters myself and have both military and professional training, I would never do that (standing directly to her side AND giving a child a FA firearm).

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Children aren't mature enough mentally to handle firearms. Please stop kidding yourselves. I wouldn't trust a 5 yr old with a kitchen knife let alone a gun of any kind.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Give the nine year old an Uzi, I'm sure her nine-year old girl arms can handle that full auto recoil, am I right?

Can't believe I missed this. Have you ever left the US?

Actually no but I really want to visit Europe. England, Germany etc... Germany has a lot of historical sites related to the whole world that would be cool to see. I wanted to visit Japan but not sure how safe that is with all the radiation in the air and water. I wish to stay away from France however. not to big on the idea of South America either.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I disagree 100%.

I find that if done properly, it has the exact opposite effect than what you describe. I've shot since I was 5 (or that what my father tells me). I have always had a healthy fear of firearms because of it. I never viewed them as toys and had firearm safety taught from me from the beginning. I assure you that my daughter does not think guns are toys, even at 6 years old. She has no interest in playing with them at our house (not that they sit out in the open). She knows what they can do.

I've been around shooting my entire life, I've shot (literally) millions of rounds, I've shot around thousands of other shooters. NEVER (knocks on wood), have I seen someone shot.

Can I ask...and I mean this in all seriousness...Tak, have you ever shot a firearm? I ask this because you seem as you have not. Most have a healthy fear of them once they wield one.

We deal in ammunition, both normal rounds and signal flares. I have used pistols, revolvers, rifles, subs, shotguns and other stuff for training and testing purposes.

They're tools for me, nothing more. Noone should see more in them for the sake of his own mental health, at least that's my opinion.

About the kids thing, a little child is unable to correctly judge weapons and the consequences of using them. Yeah, you may be able to tell them that they're dangerous and definitely no toys but that's only one side of the coin. By making them familiar with guns, you sort of rise the next generation of weapon wielders for no good reason. If one needs a gun, e.g. if he or she is a cop, soldier, pro sports shooter or hunter, he or she should be able to get one and use it responsibly for their respective purpose. Anything else is not necessary in my opinion and only leads to trouble in the long run.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I have family members who live on farms and their children are taught to responsibly handle firearms from a young age as well. Usually it's a .22 or something though, not a freaking FA. I've handled guns since I was probably 10 or 12 years old, I was always taught proper safety from the get-go.

This incident was careless and reckless from almost every aspect. That's about all I have to say about it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
We deal in ammunition, both normal rounds and signal flares. I have used pistols, revolvers, rifles, subs, shotguns and other stuff for training and testing purposes.

They're tools for me, nothing more. Noone should see more in them for the sake of his own mental health, at least that's my opinion.

About the kids thing, a little child is unable to correctly judge weapons and the consequences of using them. Yeah, you may be able to tell them that they're dangerous and definitely no toys but that's only one side of the coin. By making them familiar with guns, you sort of rise the next generation of weapon wielders for no good reason. If one needs a gun, e.g. if he or she is a cop, soldier, pro sports shooter or hunter, he or she should be able to get one and use it responsibly for their respective purpose. Anything else is not necessary in my opinion and only leads to trouble in the long run.

And I respect your opinion.

My opinion is that yes, I am raising the next generation of gun owner. My daughter. IF (and that's a big IF), she decides to own a gun, good for her. As a parent, I hope she will adopt my beliefs...if she doesn't, she is an individual and it is her choice.

You will raise your child under the belief that guns have no business in the hands of private citizens (if you have children) and that is 100% your right.

I will add that I do not tempt the fates...I do not leave firearms out and about. While I do not think my daughter would play with them...I am not 100% and because of that, they are not available to her.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Children aren't mature enough mentally to handle firearms. Please stop kidding yourselves. I wouldn't trust a 5 yr old with a kitchen knife let alone a gun of any kind.

...and this is your opinion. You're talking to a living contradiction to your opinion btw...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Any links? What parts are safe to visit?

radiation+in+fukushima.jpg
That map is probably older already.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_effects_from_the_Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster
So unless you're going to take a dive in Tepco's broken reactor you will be safe. I am probably flying to Japan next year and I have zero fear about radiation.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
:rolleyes:
Educate yourself.

Come on man, you grew up in Europe after Chernobyl.

How long did it take for the authorities to fess up about how far and wide that radiation was spread?

TEPCO has been completely avoidant of any details or reach related to this. We won't know for years how bad this reach was.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Come on man, you grew up in Europe after Chernobyl.

How long did it take for the authorities to fess up about how far and wide that radiation was spread?

TEPCO has been completely avoidant of any details or reach related to this. We won't know for years how bad this reach was.

You can measure radioactivity and compare the results to measurements made before the incident?

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
I wanted to visit Japan but not sure how safe that is with all the radiation in the air and water.QUOTE]

Don't worry, there is no risk just for a short trip time. In Tokyo radiation level is similar to London.
But avoid fish and vegetables, personally I love McPork and KFC is great in Japan, lighter than U.S. counterparts.
In Kansai you'll be safer with all kind of food (fish comes from Southern seas).

France is not that bad, except conversions :D

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
And I respect your opinion.

My opinion is that yes, I am raising the next generation of gun owner. My daughter. IF (and that's a big IF), she decides to own a gun, good for her. As a parent, I hope she will adopt my beliefs...if she doesn't, she is an individual and it is her choice.

You will raise your child under the belief that guns have no business in the hands of private citizens (if you have children) and that is 100% your right.

I will add that I do not tempt the fates...I do not leave firearms out and about. While I do not think my daughter would play with them...I am not 100% and because of that, they are not available to her.

I'm not saying that I would rise my kids (if I had some) anti-gun, most of that babble seems too hippy to me anyway. However, I would make sure they have a healthy attitude towards them as simple tools that are there for specific purposes and should not be owned, carried or used just because it's fun to do so.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
. Most have a healthy fear of them once they wield one.

No joke. My friend took me to a range about 7 years ago. My first reaction after a few rounds was " All the dumb mf'ers in this country can legally wield this power?"

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I wouldn't trust a 5-9 year old with a pair of safety scissors

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
You can measure radioactivity and compare the results to measurements made before the incident?

Its not that you can measure them, its that reporting even worse results is bad for shareholders. So you take a calculated risk and stay quiet on some things.

Then again, Im paranoid.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Its not that you can measure them, its that reporting even worse results is bad for shareholders. So you take a calculated risk and stay quiet on some things.

Then again, Im paranoid.

Cool. No radioactive used panties for you then.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Since I moved to the US, one thing I noticed about gun owners I have met is they tend to hold views that make me wish they didn't own a gun. I personally know/knew people with huge arsenals that are senile/have Alzheimer's, have been committed to mental facilities or hold extreme political views. E.g. Obama's coming for my guns so I have 20 and make my own bullets in my basement while I jerk off. Look at the number of gun related deaths here compared to other countries. Actual or per capita, it is very high. I'm all for responsible gun ownership. However, owning guns should be a privilege, not a right. You need a license to operate a car, why not a gun? Even a blind person can own a gun. Crazy people can own guns. Disabled people who cannot accurately piss into a toilet can own guns. For every 'Murican hero that saves the day, there are hundreds of needless accidents and deaths like this.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing, by pointing out that people in other countries also have the same rights and liberties, without all the guns.

Bad people usually use their guns against other bad people.

Wow man, calm down. It's probably a good thing you don't have a gun with a temper like that.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Bad people usually use their guns against other bad people.

lmao

Anyway as pro-gun as I am,
I can honestly say that showing a 9 year old girl how to use a gun is as appropriate as showing her how to use a dildo.

It's a tool that was made for killing, not for putting it in a kids hands, telling her to operate it, and videotaping the fucking thing so you can show it to the rest of your hillbilly faggot friends and family yelling "Thaits muh BAYBEE CAKES, SHOOT DAT GUHN NOW, STARLA!" in front of a nicotine stained TV under a John Cena poster in some fucking doublewide in the middle of Motherfuck, Nebraska.

Fucking retard faggots. If I was a gun instructor, I would have said to them, word for word, that they should put their 9 year old up for adoption and get the wifes tubes tied....and sell all their guns because a fucking guy from Denmark named Kristian Meller believes that if they stop being bad, then bad people can no longer hurt them any more, rendering guns pointless.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lmao

Anyway as pro-gun as I am,
I can honestly say that showing a 9 year old girl how to use a gun is as appropriate as showing her how to use a dildo.

It's a tool that was made for killing, not for putting it in a kids hands, telling her to operate it, and videotaping the fucking thing so you can show it to the rest of your hillbilly faggot friends and family yelling "Thaits muh BAYBEE CAKES, SHOOT DAT GUHN NOW, STARLA!" in front of a nicotine stained TV under a John Cena poster in some fucking doublewide in the middle of Motherfuck, Nebraska.

Fucking retard faggots. If I was a gun instructor, I would have said to them, word for word, that they should put their 9 year old up for adoption and get the wifes tubes tied....and sell all their guns because a fucking guy from Denmark named Kristian Meller believes that if they stop being bad, then bad people can no longer hurt them any more, rendering guns pointless.

giphy.gif