ProTip: Don't give a 9 year old an Uzi

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I feel much the same about this as I do when dumbass parents buy their little shit wipes sports cars when they turn 16/17 then look all confused when they're scraping their kids off a tree.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Instructor failure and he paid for it.

Regardless of the age of a shooter:
Never start anyone on Automatics if they are new to guns or have little experience.

If experienced with guns:
- You still assist (apply downforce on the weapon or in the case of an Uzi their arms and full assist).
- There are Automatics out there you never start a person on.
- You need to properly instruct and have them dry-fire practice bursting first.
- Hitting the target is never the initial goal, aiming down range and properly bursting to experience the kickback is.
- If they can't properly handle the gun's kickback with an assist or follow instructions, they are done.

A MP5A2 or A3 is one of the best starter Autos to learn from. (Full stock, 9mm is a lower kickback). I would never start someone on an Uzi or Auto Pistol aka something without a stock.

That incident in Mass was illegal to begin with:

"8-year-old Christopher Bizilj shot himself to death with an Uzi at a Massachusetts gun show organized by a former police chief. The boy was with his father, an emergency room doctor, who bought him the gun for Christmas."

The doctor made a stupid decision and should have never owned a Machine Gun License to begin with. Which in Mass is completely separate from a FID and Pistol Permit.

My gun club held a Machine Gun event annually til this incident and I was a Line Instructor. You had to be 18 to fire a Full Auto and an assist. If you couldn't follow Range Safety, handle the weapon, and/or Commands from Line Instructors. You were removed from the line period.

We don't hold the event anymore due to insurance aka due to this incident.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lolz

teaching nine year olds to shoot GUHNS

lolz x2

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
real men don't use guns....

they use trip wires, caltrops and a sledgehammer

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Wow that's fucked up. Why the fuck would you want to let your nine your old child shoot an uzi?! I hope the parents get in some sort of trouble for being so irresponsible.

It should be pointed out that it makes no sense that it would be legal for a kid as young as eight to be firing any semi-automatic weapon. Maybe the law should be changed a bit.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Guns don't kill people, kids kill people.

I don't find this incident is funny.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Why did this instructor even allow this weak ass little girl to shoot an auto?

We have a Darwin Award winner.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
...I can only think of 1 or 2 other ways for a parent to totally scar their childs mental state that badly...ughhhh I feel horrible that girl has to live with image in her memory for the rest of her life, terrible...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
A 9 year old with an Uzi is absolutely stupid. If they wanted to teach the kid how to shoot start with a 22 for Christ sake. Not a SMG.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Guns! 'Merica
One gun fer every child!

The sad thing is this is gonna mess the girl up for most of her life. This was not likely her idea.

First thing that sprung to mind. This little 9 y/o girl will mentally have to live with this for the rest of her life.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
How is that even legal? can I get my child a junior hand grenade permit?

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Gotta feel bad for the girl. I am wondering what the trained instructor was doing letting her hold the fully auto submachine gun by herself without supporting her arms to limit the recoil. On a related note, I would love to go to that bullets and burgers place and shoot a .50 cal Barrett rifle.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Not necessarily.

I grew up on a farm and knew how to handle firearms at a young age, nothing crazy just .22s at that age. If there were ever the circumstance where my parents were tending to one part of the farm and I saw a fox stalking the hens or something, I'd need to know how to kill it.

All of my cousins were the same way.

9 year olds wandering round with guns with no supervision at all is just asking for trouble. Kids are stupid and do stupid things, no matter how sensible you think they are, the minute you turn your back they're pushing what they can get away with. If they're not then there's something wrong with them.

Protecting a couple of $2 chickens (or pretty much any other justification someone might come up with) just isn't worth that risk.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug

That video actually made me flinch when she went full auto...and I am not scared of NUTHIN. I'm a bad bich.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
What are Uzis for?

Killing palestinians?

Seriously though, a SMG (sub machine gun) is a compact machine gun for both offensive and defensive purposes that can be carried and used while still maintaining a normal level of mobility for close combat. In a situation like that, you don't want your fellow soldiers to use guns that shoot bullets right through the bodies of your enemies while you're standing behind them which usually happens with large machine guns. Uzis and similar SMGs also have good stopping power, they can bring an enemy down with a single burst and you don't even have to do precise aiming.

On the downside, you have to have considerable experience in using SMGs, otherwise you'll run out of ammo quite quickly due to the high firing rate.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
9 year olds wandering round with guns with no supervision at all is just asking for trouble. Kids are stupid and do stupid things, no matter how sensible you think they are, the minute you turn your back they're pushing what they can get away with. If they're not then there's something wrong with them.

Protecting a couple of $2 chickens (or pretty much any other justification someone might come up with) just isn't worth that risk.

If you had any appreciation for just how tight farm life is (on a money/time constraint basis), you would not think so.

Example, if we lost 36 hens and the rooster, we now have to pay around $100 to replenish those chicks and that assumes they are all properly sexxed (I could buy 36 girls and one boy but end up with 33 girls and 4 boys, in which case 3 have to go).

Also, during that period assuming all of the hens were of mature egg laying age, you can figure about an egg a day. It takes 5-7 months for them to reach that mature age and you can sell a dozen eggs even at that time for a couple dollars. So do the math, 180 days production lost at 3 dozen a day at $2 a pop, you've lost $1,080, not including the replenishment costs, so nearly $1,200 lost.

Even nowadays, if you are operating a small family farm, that's a lot of income to just have exaporate.

I realize in this day and age, its a strange example to most people, only reason I bring it up is its an older style of living where the younger generation had a hand in the real family concerns and grew up early. Speaking in absolutes about what you can and cannot do doesn't work when there's still a segment of the population that from my experience shows it's nothing to do with what you are handling (firearms in this case) but how the person makes good or bad choices. If you raise kids to be kids, they'll grow up to be big kids.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

I started learning firearms at Age 5 with a BB gun. Age 8 with a .22 and Age 12 with a 12 gauge. I grew up on a small farm as well. Maturity and proper education and training can counter age difference with the right person. I shot my first woodchuck eating out of our orchard at 8 and a wild dog killing hens at Age 10 with a .410 shotgun. I don't even hunt or ever did. I only killed with purpose.

Plenty of 20-25 yr olds I've removed from the range doing absolutely stupid shit and breaking severe safety rules. Shit I never did or would do even when I was 5 with a BB gun.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I shot my first gun at the age of 5 (22 long rifle) and was taught how to fire a handgun at the age of 9 (9mm). It is not uncommon in Arizona for children to know how to shoot and operate a firearm (as well as have proper firearm safety training) however, this is just plain stupid.

It used to be here that most gun owners were well educated in firearm safety and common sense but these days when I go to the range its just a bunch of reckless bimbos and call of duty faggots who bought an assault rifle because it looked cool in their favorite video game. When watching them you can tell they have no idea how to safely or effectively operate their firearm. They do stupid shit like step over the firing lines, keep their finger on the trigger when not intending to fire, and sweep the tables with their barrels. These are the types of idiots that let a small child fire an automatic weapon.

Uzi's are not small weapons (smaller than a rifle maybe but still not small) and any adult with proper firearm training should have realized a child her size would not have been able to properly control one. This situation is both the parent's and instructor's fault. The parents should know better and the instructor should have known a child that size would not be able to control that specific firearm and told the parents no.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I started learning firearms at Age 5 with a BB gun. Age 8 with a .22 and Age 12 with a 12 gauge. I grew up on a small farm as well. Maturity and proper education and training can counter age difference with the right person. I shot my first woodchuck eating out of our orchard at 8 and a wild dog killing hens at Age 10 with a .410 shotgun. I don't even hunt or ever did. I only killed with purpose.

Plenty of 20-25 yr olds I've removed from the range doing absolutely stupid shit and breaking severe safety rules. Shit I never did or would do even when I was 5 with a BB gun.

I wasn't particularly commenting on the age as such, it was more the unsupervised aspect of it. There's a case for supervised firearms access at any age I guess, but unsupervised I can't be on board with. I wouldn't let an unsupervised 5 year old cross the road for instance, even if I'd been teaching them road safety from the moment they were able to talk. Maybe that's just me.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I wasn't particularly commenting on the age as such, it was more the unsupervised aspect of it. There's a case for supervised firearms access at any age I guess, but unsupervised I can't be on board with. I wouldn't let an unsupervised 5 year old cross the road for instance, even if I'd been teaching them road safety from the moment they were able to talk. Maybe that's just me.

Perhaps if you grew up in a situation where you learned responsibility and hard work at a very early age you would understand. That's what growing up on a small family farm is. With the responsibility comes more and more responsibility as well as trust earned. When I tell ppl I've basically worked my whole life, its not a joke.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Perhaps if you grew up in a situation where you learned responsibility and hard work at a very early age you would understand. That's what growing up on a small family farm is. With the responsibility comes more and more responsibility as well as trust earned. When I tell ppl I've basically worked my whole life, its not a joke.

All kinds of nonsense.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
All kinds of nonsense.

^ douchebag

Look up the responsibility for feeding an orphaned newborn goat with your lazy google ass. See how important that is of a responsibility. Missing 1 or 2 feedings can kill it and overfeeding can kill it. You wouldn't know that though, you were still likely sucking your Mom's tit at 5.

StevenK

10 Year Member
^ douchebag

Look up the responsibility for feeding an orphaned newborn goat with your lazy google ass. See how important that is of a responsibility. Missing 1 or 2 feedings can kill it and overfeeding can kill it. You wouldn't know that though, you were still likely sucking your Mom's tit at 5.

You're throwing in the you don't know what it was like line far too easily. I could do the same, I could assume that you don't have any children of your own and say you therefore have no idea what responsibility means. But I won't, because I would give you the credit of being able to imagine, which for some reason you aren't able to give me.

Plus, you are genuinely comparing the life of a goat to the safety of a child.

It's a goat. You probably sold it or ate it six months later.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Serious question: What are Uzis for? Who uses them?

Serious answer: For terrorizing people.
Machine pistols are mostly unreliable and in a military application they are fucking useless.

Sloppy assassinations, urban crime, guerrilla warfare and guarding some fuckass 3rd world dictator would be the only appropriate uses for full auto machine-pistols/submachine guns these days.

And uzis are for faggots who don't know what a glock g18 is.